• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BMW literally crushes the competition! Video inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Binabik15 said:
1r5152.gif

They will all feel the wrath of the Dragona.

bigben85 said:
can anyone post the link to the other failed parking where an impatient guy pulls out the female driver and helped her park it

I saw this happen in real life a couple of weeks ago. The girl was trying to parallel park with the guy guiding her (back up, more more).

After a couple of minutes of failure he said "you guide, I drive". The car was parked.

Threi

notag
Yeah that's Toronto all right.

Off topic I predict this thread will get more entertaining (for me at least) in the near future.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
gumshoe said:
THAT IS SEXIST!!!

If women want equality them must accept equal use of personal pronouns, even when the sentence isn't positive! No one would have flinched if the poster said "he" in place of "she"! No one said anything when the 2nd or 3rd poster said "he". I've read a lot of books (even regarding subjects that women don't seem that interested in on average) where he and she are interchanged equally and I vastly prefer it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how do you even do that? Are they already off the gas and just letting the auto box pull them along, and then they reach for the brake but hit the gas instead?

Whenever i'm parking, I brake first, then let off the brake to let the engine crawl me backwards (who ever parks forwards, PITA to get out and its difficult), but my foot is always hovering over the brake to control my speed. At no point is it possible to hit the gas. That takes real stupidity

MedHead

mrklaw said:
That takes real stupidity
She seemed to be having a lot of trouble handling the vehicle, too: I think the vehicle may have just been too big for her. She reminded me a lot of my mom, when she was trying to park a large conversion van: there were times I had to take over driving, because she was too nervous to park correctly.

SmokyDave

So now that the driver has been confirmed as a woman, are the people that pointed out the obvious safe from The Wrath of Dragona?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
DarkJediKnight said:
This was clearly a woman, or a teen girl. A guy driving a BMW hits another car, he gets out to INSPECT DAMAGE on HIS OWN car; the driver didn't do that. Which tells me it's a woman. Unless you're driving a shitbox, a car is a guy's extension of himself. A very small percentage of women are attached to their girl, and that percentage decreases greatly with age.
Oh shit, I have internal ovaries!
That or I'd never own a BMW in the first place, I guess.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
SmokyDave said:
So now that the driver has been confirmed as a woman, are the people that pointed out the obvious safe from The Wrath of Dragona?
I think this thread title is protecting everyone from the wrath of Dragona. I'd never think to enter this thread for heavy sexist moderation. Seems like a car thread, not a "this person sucks at driving" thread.

jamesinclair said:
I saw this happen in real life a couple of weeks ago. The girl was trying to parallel park with the guy guiding her (back up, more more).

After a couple of minutes of failure he said "you guide, I drive". The car was parked.

I get the feeling you haven't seen the gif in question, as it's a lot better than that. Some guy in his own car is waiting for a woman to park so he can get past. After four minutes (it cuts forward, so you don't see it all), he gets fed up, leaves his car, forces the woman out of hers (who freaks out), parks it for her, and then storms off, shoving her aside when she runs back to her car. :lol

I can't find the gif, but the clip is in this video at the 0:45 second mark. Turn the volume off though, unless you like the Hamster Dance music playing over your videos.

Also, I'm willing to bet a lot of of the other drivers in that video are actually male.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
MedHead said:
She seemed to be having a lot of trouble handling the vehicle, too: I think the vehicle may have just been too big for her. She reminded me a lot of my mom, when she was trying to park a large conversion van: there were times I had to take over driving, because she was too nervous to park correctly.

its an X5 right? That thing has power steering - you can steer with one finger. Its easier to drive than many small cars - you're just high up.

And assuming its an automatic, they are the easiest thing in the world to park. Just let it creep on its own and keep your foot on the brake so you know which pedal to use to stop with. You don't need the accelerator.

if its a manual then they have a small excuse I guess.

hteng

Banned
same shit happened to me one time but i crashed into grass. I was speechless, maybe it was the new pair of shoes but fuck it was embarrassing.

daw840

When I was learning to ride a motorcycle I did something similar. I let go of the clutch on accident and didn't let go of the gas. I ended up going off the road and VERY nearly getting clotheslined off of the bike by a tree branch. Luckily the bike died and I didn't fall over. But I did make a nice mark in someones front lawn.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So who read the description of the YouTube video?

YouTube said:
Thursday Oct. 22, 2009 - Extreme Fitness Thornhill, Ontario, Canada Parking lot. The female driver of the X5 was charged today and is due in court Dec. 1st. Thanks everyone for your help.

Achtius

She's also old too. D:

Charges have been laid against the 62-year-old woman who became a viral sensation after video of her painfully bad parking job made it onto YouTube.

Apparently not that smart either:

She was identified when an Extreme Fitness staff member, whose own car had been crushed in the Oct. 22 incident, spotted a similar-looking SUV in the parking lot again Wednesday morning and called police.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...apade-becomes-viral-sensation/article1343670/

RubxQub

Pterion said:
Alright, this stuff is getting old. I don't know who Dragona is, but no one is getting banned over this.
You will, and they might.

SmokyDave

Pterion said:
Alright, this stuff is getting old. I don't know who Dragona is, but no one is getting banned over this.

Dragona is a female mod notorious for bringing the ban-hammer down on anyone inferring that women generally make the largest, most egregious driving errors, much like the one in the OP video. Which is not something I am inferring. Obviously. I love women, my mum's one.

RubxQub

xDangerboy said:
why, it was a woman driver. i watched this video the same time they posted and it had already been confirmed
People were blindly assuming it was a woman earlier and laughing, and whether you agree with how fair or not it could be, there's been a history of people doing the same getting hosed.

There's already been a pretty firm precedent set for this type of thread in the past, hence everyone talking about it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Pterion said:

Dragona is legend.

Dragona destroys tyranny and oppression with furious might. It is a sight to behold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom