• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you fall downstairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinyou

stairsm5epz.jpg

But seriously, maybe you should get your sense of balance checked by some doctor.

Anteater

Only happened around 3-4 times my entire life, they were:

- Rolled down the stairs when I was around 5, I swear someone pushed me because they wanted me to walk faster
- Got pushed down the stairs when I was in junior high
- When I got really drunk at a barbecue party

That's all I remember

Happened like 3 times in my entire life. Usually slipped back and slid down to avoid damage.
edit- Is this what your life is like Stalker?

Essentially yes. I think i have a ear issue anyway partial deafness in my right ear. feels like wax against the drum.

It may just be how steep my stairs are.

GF is usually in the living room (directly at the bottom of the stairs) or at the top when it happens she proceeds to laugh hysterically at me for a while when it happens and snaps few shots of my crumpled body at the bottom of the stairs

Rich!

I once tripped on a hairbrush in my parents house once, and smacked my head on the fourth step up (I wasn't on the stairs at all beforehand). Knocked myself out. Does that count?

If I fell down my current staircase (outside where I live - I'm in a first floor flat/apartment), I'd die. Seriously. It's very steep, made of hard concrete, and has a very high drop on one side. It's one reason why I'm moving out once my child is born later this year.

I usually end up bouncing down on my ass or rolling forward. I have a wall at the bottom directly facing the stairs so i have to make sure i dont face plant that or id likely snap my neck. Its not always from the top step sometimes the middle and very rarely only the last few steps.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I think during my growth spurt as a kid, that's when I fell up and down stairs alot.

Giard

GF is usually in the living room (directly at the bottom of the stairs) or at the top when it happens she proceeds to laugh hysterically at me for a while when it happens and snaps few shots of my crumpled body at the bottom of the stairs

:lol

20 times a year? You might wanna buy a stairlift.
stairlift-reviews-5.jpg

But seriously, that's not normal, take your time, look down and grip the handle tight.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I barely fall but the biggest one was in a library at college. I rolled down the middle stairs for well 5 seconds and I fell with upside-down... literally my head and shoulders on the floor while the legs swayed in the air. That was.... fun.

Rich!

The worst problem for me is not the stairs itself, it's once you get up or down them, and your mind automatically prepares you for ANOTHER step which isn't actually there.

That's usually when I end up falling over.

Ra\/en

Um I sometimes miss a step on the way down and slide a bit on my arse. Like others have said, I fall while running up the stairs sometimes. At least 1x a year.

bud

sometime when i'm walking down some stairs, i'll look over that last step and almost fall, haha.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
The worst problem for me is not the stairs itself, it's once you get up or down them, and your mind automatically prepares you for ANOTHER step which isn't actually there.

That's usually when I end up falling over.

It's worse when your body forgets a step though, thinking you're home free on level ground.

Revolver

The last time I fell down the stairs I chipped a tooth. That was a few years ago. I have MS though so I tend to fall unexpectedly a lot, but I fall on level ground most of the time.

ReBurn

Gold Member
There are 16 stairs in my home and when I climb them I usually count instead of watching where I'm going. The other night I miscounted and tought I had one more step to go, so I lifted the leg high and pushed down hard to lift myself to the landing. Except there was no step. I crashed head first into the wall when I lost my balance.

Dunlop

Once badly at my house because I slipped on a piece of paper at the top (paper on tile = rocket ride).

But as other have mentioned I would get that check out.

I was hit with a severe bout of Labrythnitis once (inner ear infection) and that was far and beyond the scariest shit to ever happen to me in my life. Thankfully it was temporary.

If you do have an equilibrium issue you want to get it corrected early. Although I would assume you would notice it on other areas aside from just stairs

noah111

Still Alive
When I was a baby, around 2 or 3 I think, we were moving out of our house and there were empty boxes everywhere. I'm told I got into a box and while inside, flipped it over and broke the stairs baby-gate thing.

Luckily I didn't die tumbling down the stairs, in the rolling box. Could've got my knock cracked or something.
but that explains a lot about me amirite? lolollulzz

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else imagining Khal Drogo falling off stairs?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Falling UP the stairs.....at home, I do it more often than not. lol It's always hilarious.

I fall up the stairs in my apartment building all the time. It's weird, since I'm so short you'd think this kind of thing wouldn't be a problem.

I fall up the stairs in my house all the time. I tend to sprint up them two at a time and I'm just clumsy.

Me: THUD, CRASH, BOOM!

Wife:"Did you fall up the stairs again?"

Me:"NOOOO! I'm just laying here admiring the view"

K.Sabot

I fell once when I was 11 because someone spilled water on my wooden staircase and didn't bother to clean it up.

Of course nobody owned up to it.

I fell down the stairs once when I was 6 years old because I was careless. There have been rare occasions where I've slipped on a step, but I caught myself.

Samara

If someone has been wearing my shoes, I am bound to fall. Especially this bitch who has bigger feet than me who love to "borrow" my shoes.

That and flip flop sandal. Going down, no, but going up can be tricky at times

Numpt3

20 times... seriously?

In my 28 years I've never fallen down the stairs, come close many times though (probably like everyone else)

Air

Banned
I fall up the stairs, I fall down the stairs and I trip all the time. It's quite annoying. Sometimes I catch myself, other times I don't and it's quite painful. If I live to be really old, I know that there is a very high probability for my dying by falling down or stumbling over something.

noah111

Still Alive
I might not fall down the stairs (like, ever) but I can say i've had that mind-fuck of thinking there's an extra step when there isn't, more than a few times in my life.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I fell a few times when I was a kid but that's it. I trip on occasion but never actually fall. OP's legs don't work right.

I've fell a few times. Once, when I was in 5th grade, I fell down like 7 or 8 steps and landed right on my backside.

It was understandably a very painful and uncomfortable situation. Since then, I always keep one hand on a bannister, and have only stumbled one or two steps since.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not a Slinky. So I don't tumble down stairs.

Essentially yes. I think i have a ear issue anyway partial deafness in my right ear. feels like wax against the drum.

It may just be how steep my stairs are.

Ummmmm have you seen a doctor about that? That's kind of important. Maybe very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom