• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wolf Among Us (Telltale Games) trailer

Meier

Vertigo Comics are the only ones I've ever enjoyed. Love Fables -- not entirely sure how well it will play out as a game but I am very interested. Nice taster of things to come.

Vlodril

Not read Fables but the game looks very interesting. After the walking dead day 1.

Seems to have more interesting lore as well.

dan2026

Fables has a veritable shit ton of characters for them to use.

I assume the game is set in the comics early days.
When the Fables are still in exile.

dan2026

I hope this does well.

But I worry that most people bought the Walking Dead game because of the crummy TV series.

Only cool kids read comics, after all.

I hope this does well.

But I worry that most people bought the Walking Dead game because of the crummy TV series.

Only cool kids read comics, after all.

Fables has a veritable shit ton of characters for them to use.

I assume the game is set in the comics early days.
When the Fables are still in exile.

There's undoubtedly going to be less people buying because of the brand name, but there will be more than a few people buying because of the "From the creators of The Walking Dead game" sign.

And dude, spoiler the first post, if I hadn't gotten to issue 90 t'other day I'd have whupped your ass.

Fine. Although I don't see why I should spoiler something that happened years ago.

You can't discuss anything without somebody crying SPOILERS!

Well... if it spoils something, then yeah. This game's most likely going to bring an entirely new audience who might want to read the comics. Just being cautious I guess, I've had way too much shit spoiled for me the last few years because it happened a while ago and apparently that doesn't matter anymore. See how far that attitude gets you with Game of Thrones over in Off-Topic, for example.

Which reminds me, Telltale need to do Game of Thrones. And Doctor Who.

dan2026

Which reminds me, Telltale need to do Game of Thrones. And Doctor Who.

Strangely enough I'd love to see them try a hand a a Warhammer 40k RPG.

Specifically the Inquisitor stuff.

dave_gallagher_inquisitor_gruendvald.jpg

Strangely enough I'd love to see them try a hand a a Warhammer 40k RPG.

Specifically the Inquisitor stuff.

RPG? Have Telltale ever ventured outside adventure games? Would be interesting I suppose. I mention Doctor Who and GoT because the video games for those two IPs have been so tragically shit.

vazel

Banned
I can't believe this is finally happening. I've been hoping for Fables to branch out into other media for a decade. My eyes were getting watery as I was watching that trailer. Fables is a terrific series and is what turned me into a fairy tale buff.

-MD-

They rolling these out one episode at time? That sounds a lot better than buying a 5 episode game and having it be 50% off by the time episode 2 unlocks like last time.

dan2026

RPG? Have Telltale ever ventured outside adventure games? Would be interesting I suppose. I mention Doctor Who and GoT because the video games for those two IPs have been so tragically shit.

I meant adventure game. My mind automatically thinks RPG for some reason.

A Doctor Who adventure could be very cool.
Each episode a different Doctor?

laaame

Have they said when in the timeline the game is set in? Because a game that is built on choices seems limited in how big they can make the choices be without being already referenced in the comics if it is a prequel. It works with The Walking Dead because you can have bad shit go down without having Rick or any of the other main characters in it, but if this is canon you already have some story options taken away like (early, mild spoilers)
Having Bigsby dying in the game since he is alive in the very first issue

I really want TT to just come up with a new original IP. After TWD, I'm really convinced they are the best storytellers in gaming and they need to break the shackles of established franchises. They have the creative talent to come up with their own thing, and they should do it.

Top Bottom