• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So GAF, what are your top Spongebob episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

The one where plankton tricks spongebob in to friendship. That scene at the end in the cinema where the truth comes out is amazing.

Oersted

Great picks so far. Have to add Wormy

640px-Wormy_Butterfly_Close.jpg

The end where the whole city gets destroyed x3

Krusty Krab Training Video
Chocolate with Nuts
Band Geeks
Wet Painters
Pizza Delivery (It's not a boulder. It's a rock!)

Watevaman

Honestly, I can't remember too many episodes in particular, but I do remember liking Graveyard Shift.

I've got the first 100 episode box set, I need to watch it again sometime.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Anything in the first season is gold in my book. I can't remember much past that.

G0523

In no particular order:

-Can You Spare a Dime?
"Donate to the children's fund? Why? What have children ever done for me?" -Mr. Krabs. Lost it right there!

-Sailor Mouth
It was just done so well where adults could fill in the gaps but they still left gags in for kids.

-Krusty Krab Training Video
We never did find out what the secret ingredient is. And I'm glad.

Band Geeks
Rock-A-Bye Bivalve
Idiot Box
Wet Paint
Chocolate With Nuts
Krusty Krab Training Video
Graveyard Shift
No Weenies Allowed
Snowball Effect

spongebob__snowball_effect_gif_by_k1ng0fk1ngz1111-d6j14gv.gif

Meesh

Still love "Graveyard Shift" episode, #1 for me.
There's a few Mermaidman & Barnacle boy episodes that are pretty good, like when Manray goes good with the tickle belt and that other one where Mermaidman proclaims "You may kiss the bride!"(gets me every time)...can't remember the episode names but I'm sure some of you know which ones I mean.

That "scenes in cartoons that still make you laugh" thread had so many Spongebob moments that it inspired me to ask you guys which Spongebob episodes you personally find to be the top ones.

Here's mine.

5. Shanghaied
The funniest episode featuring The Flying Dutchman. We already know the most popular scenes that makes it hilarious, but there are other unmentioned stuff that makes the episode work.

4. Wet Painters
Oh god this is so laugh out loud. The lines and the delivery as well as the animation really make this episode really funny for me.

3. Nasty Patty
Black comedy done by Spongebob is hilarious. I'll let the episode speak for itself.

2. Dieing for Pie
I dunno why but the whole set-up is just hilarious. The jokes even before the pie start to be relevant are pretty funny, and Squidward and Spongebob play well with each other here.

1. Band Geeks
The whole shebang is just hilarious. Squidward also pulls it off with his attempt to lead Bikini Bottom's citizens. And has a really memorable ending scene.

Runners up include Just One Bite, The Algae's Always Greener, various Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes, Sailor Mouth, and Idiot Box.

This list is 100%. Shame how the newer episodes suck so hard. Everyone I mention this too claims it's just because I've outgrown the show but I can still watch these episodes and die laughing.

Oh the good ol' days...

Daffy Duck

Sailor Mouth, every time, it kills me.
Mid-Life Crustacean - Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs? Oh man, tears stream down my face.
The dying pie one with the nuke blast is hilarious my kids love it.

Mr. F

Banned
Aside from the ones already mentioned, The Secret Box is another favourite of mine. Responsible for one of my all time top Patrick moments;

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma"

tumblr_m5gn4qWO5M1r76ezco1_400.gif

And then later when Spongebob is trying to break into Patrick's house to steal the box in the middle of the night, and each careful step he takes sounds like car crashes, gunfire, explosions, etc. So good.

Foaloal

I'd second "Just One Bite" - the episode where Spongebob tries to get Squidward to try a krabby patty.

Maybe it's because I used to have this episode on a 3 episode VHS when I was a kid and it was the best episode on that VHS, but this has always been in my top 5 episodes.

Nasty Patty

It's where Mr Crabs and SpongeBob think they accidently killed a health inspector and they have to get rid of the body but then the police get involved.
It's fucking really dark.
6%3B41-Nasty-Patty.jpg

moftsh.jpg

And also probably The Algae's Always Greener

Plankton and Mr Crabs swap lives and Plankton freaks the fuck out and can't take it anymore dealing with Mr Crabs doing what he does trying to steal the food formula.

tumblr_m2eu1xZWQS1qbaxlqo1_400.gif

bunbun777

Good choices OP, what's that one where they time travel? Extra points if someone has the screen grab with the 666 in it.

Oh and the karate episode.

Bogus

It's impossible for me to rank / order Spongebob episodes, except to say that every episode up to the movie is #1, and almost every episode after the movie is nonexistent.

A few classics that don't seem to have much representation yet in the thread:

No Free Rides
3ado67E.jpg

A pen! One of the most permanent of all writing utensils. Gonna write an essay, that's what I say.

Valentine's Day
3TdKGto.jpg

HEART ON STICK MUST DIE!

Musclebob Buffpants
goFeTai.jpg

It's time to grow myself large and wide.

Artist Unknown
ivY4nf9.jpg

Dude, you're teaching art at the Rec Center. Calm down.

One Krabs Trash
EN1Jsgw.png

Excuse me, sir, but are you the purveyor of this curio stand?

Fry Cook Games
ynN43Dq.png

Just look at him. Square: the shape of evil!

Monochrome_F3ar

Neo Member
I have 2 of them.

The very first episode when he's making the pattys with Living in the Sunlight playing.

The other one is when they start up the band for Squidward.

SystemBug

the krusty krab training video

that whole thing was genius

the whole krusty burger approaching the camera with a dude in the back making the reveal sound with his mouth. omg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Nasty Patty

It's where Mr Crabs and SpongeBob think they accidently killed a health inspector and they have to get rid of the body but then the police get involved.
It's fucking really dark.
6%3B41-Nasty-Patty.jpg

moftsh.jpg

This episode was good. Especially the part where Mr Crabs says something about cleaning a spill with his old gym sock lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom