• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Skilletor

Thanks to pointed family complaints over the noise of my heated KOF XIII bouts late at night, I just ordered:

http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-tprg-8ayt-sk-silent-microswitch-joystick/
http://www.focusattack.com/buttons/sanwa/30mm/obsfs-30-pushbutton/

Sanwa silent stick and buttons

Have folks had any luck with these? The fam will get better sleep, but hope my game doesn't slip trying to hit corner directions on the stick T_T

There's a new silent HRAP, but figured try the $70 commitment over the $300 one since I already have the v4...

It's not a p360. You'll still feel corners, it's just quieter.

tumblr_ntcvjoLJFX1rmse96o1_1280.jpg

squad

Neoxon

Any thoughts on the potential of the Legacy Game Controller Adapter for the Xbox One in terms of arcade stick modding?

New002

Got a weird situation here I wanted throw out there in the hopes that someone might have an idea as to what is going on.

So a few years ago I picked up a custom arcade stick for Xbox 360. It uses a USB A-B cable with a Neutrik NAUSB-W A/B USB Feed-Through. For the longest time all was well until one day it wouldn't sync up with my 360 anymore.

I fished it out of storage a few days ago and have been using it on PC with no issues...that is until yesterday. For some reason the controller no longer syncs when plugged into USB 2.0, but it does work when plugged into a USB 3.0 port. When I plug the stick into a USB 2.0 port and watch the PCB, the 4 lights around the guide button light up for a split second the instant the stick plugs in, but that's it. No response after that. The weird thing is it used to work just fine with USB 2.0. In fact it was working for a good while yesterday.

The same thing happens when plugging the stick into my 360. 4 green lights around guide flash for a second then all goes dark.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)

LegendX48

Is the Hori real arcade pro 4 kai a good stick? Thinking of picking one up either sometime this year or next. Will likely check out the fight commander 4 pad in the meantime cause playing DoA5 with the DS4 hurts my hands >.>

Unit24

Is the Hori real arcade pro 4 kai a good stick? Thinking of picking one up either sometime this year or next. Will likely check out the fight commander 4 pad in the meantime cause playing DoA5 with the DS4 hurts my hands >.>

I wasn't sure if I liked the body at first, but it grew on me and now I quite like it. The stick and buttons are okay, but I'll probably try replacing them with Sanwa parts soon.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if I should get this for my HORI RAP 4 Kai? I have no experience in stick modding. http://www.amazon.com/JLF-TP-8YT-SK-Handle-Joystick-Adjustable-Tournament-Compatible/dp/B004CZBWF6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1440656260&sr=8-3&keywords=sanwa+stick

notworksafe

I wasn't sure if I liked the body at first, but it grew on me and now I quite like it. The stick and buttons are okay, but I'll probably try replacing them with Sanwa parts soon.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if I should get this for my HORI RAP 4 Kai? I have no experience in stick modding. http://www.amazon.com/JLF-TP-8YT-SK-Handle-Joystick-Adjustable-Tournament-Compatible/dp/B004CZBWF6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1440656260&sr=8-3&keywords=sanwa+stick

That's pretty much what you need, but I'd get it from Focus Attack. http://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-jlf-tp-8yt-joystick/

It's cheaper on FA and comes with a mounting plate.

Updated a couple of my arcade sticks.

OG-TE-PS4-Edition.png

Much love for the OG TE stick. Always my go to stick. Big ups! Added a PS4 Dualshock 4 PCB and silent pads for the Sanwa buttons.

BAPE-x-FINKLE-PS4-STICK-TL.png

Bape x Finkle stainless. LS-40 with silent pads on the Seimitsu buttons. PS4 Dualshock 4 PCB and added a chat compatible headphone port.

BAPE-x-FINKLE-PS4-STICK-back.png

LegendX48

how are the buttons compared to the sanwa's in the madcatz sticks?

mauldie

Ordered the hori fight commander 4 for the ps4 last night. Curious how it stacks up against my trusty sega saturn pad. Worst case I gut it and throw it in my TE. I just have always felt I'm better on pad. Well my reactions are much quicker anyway.

How much would two Hori RAP4 VLX PS3/PS4 sticks go for on the second hand market? One still sealed, one demoed for 30 minutes and still like new mint? I love them but I just got laid off today and would rather have the cash for now.

Vice

How much would two Hori RAP4 VLX PS3/PS4 sticks go for on the second hand market? One still sealed, one demoed for 30 minutes and still like new mint? I love them but I just got laid off today and would rather have the cash for now.
Could probably get between $100-120 Each for them if youre patient enough.

Skilletor

Since they're still on sale for 300 new w/ shipping, less than that.

Let me know what you're thinking. I might be willing to take one off your hands.

grimmiq

Looking to get into Street Fighter V and want an arcade stick for PS4, seems the 2 within my price range are the Hori BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend stick ($AU170+shipping) and Hori Real Arcade Pro V ($AU182+shipping).

Tried looking for some reviews but all I could find on the Blazblue were unboxing videos with terrible music.

Any suggestions as to which I should go for?

LegendX48

Ordered the hori fight commander 4 for the ps4 last night. Curious how it stacks up against my trusty sega saturn pad. Worst case I gut it and throw it in my TE. I just have always felt I'm better on pad. Well my reactions are much quicker anyway.

would love to hear some impressions as I'm planning to get a fight commander 4 myself.

MRORANGE

And it's done :)

knmwpgm.jpg

HWF52D9.jpg

TQ4dHYR.jpg

NYzqfGU.jpg

There is still a lot to do but my holidays ends this week so not much time for this project left, I'll tinker it here and there, still have not made a backplate lol, and the internals are still in jumbles and I might replace the speaker, but overall I really enjoyed making it and I wholly recommend anyone going for it to have a go.

NEO0MJ

Finally took the time to mess some more with my stick art. Switched the heroes and villain's location, reduced the height and elongated the villain side, and added a new character. I also raised the gradient midpoint. What do you guys think now?

I think I'll switch the location of the elemental feline bros. Also not sure about the middle part. Any tips or ideas?

My wife's new stick. ☺

Cute :>

Codiox

And it's done :)

knmwpgm.jpg

HWF52D9.jpg

TQ4dHYR.jpg

NYzqfGU.jpg

There is still a lot to do but my holidays ends this week so not much time for this project left, I'll tinker it here and there, still have not made a backplate lol, and the internals are still in jumbles and I might replace the speaker, but overall I really enjoyed making it and I wholly recommend anyone going for it to have a go.

This looks fucking nice, good job!

Mad Catz Pro, Seimitsu clear buttons, stock Sanwa stick, amateur paint job

http://imgur.com/U9Hkuwb

Tried to make it look like a Super Famicom controller, turned out alright. Applied the spray in a low temp environment so its rubbing off a bit. Painted the original Sanwa button housings gray but even though I masked the opening it still ended up messing with the sensitivity of the buttons. Posted this on a reddit thread so might as well post it here too. Apologies for the crappy camera.

baphomet

Just got my undamned USB adapters so I can use my TE2 sticks on my supergun. Can finally use some super nice sticks to play all my arcade pcbs.

Orayn

Fightpad seems very fully featured. Makes sense that they don't want it to be pigeonholed as ONLY useful for fighters and 2D stuff.

Fightstick Alpha looks neat! Probably reasonably priced, I just hope the internals aren't all cheap and/or hardwired stuff.

Top Bottom