• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akuma and Taskmaster revealed! BONUS: Haunts' ace character recap #851

Dahbomb

In Lupinko we trust. Nitsuma trolling like crazy.

America's favorite Dat50Sent will be in the game. Haters will hate and will get rocket punched up the ass.

Now all I need is DAT MANGO costume on my Sentinel and the circle will be complete...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:

America's favorite Dat50Sent will be in the game. Haters will hate and will get rocket punched up the ass.

Now all I need is DAT MANGO costume on my Sentinel and the circle will be complete...

People, get real.

I don't think niitsuma intend to troll. It is more likely to be translation error.

If you want to complaining about troll, just look at ono.

Dahbomb

Whatever the "error" is, I don't care because all I know is that Sentinel will be in the game because the almighty Lupinko has said so.

I became a believer when Jill + Shuma were revealed to be DLC characters. Everything after that has been 110% accurate.

Lettuce

spindashing said:
No Sentinel eh?

MegaMan ... We have a chance. I am crying manly tears!

I seriously dont think we'll see megaman as zero is to similar!

On another note, i would mcuh rather Juggernaut to Sentinel, would be good if Juggs didnt take any damage until you were able to knock his helmet off!, maybe a small 2nd energy bar or the like

Nemesis_

Dahbomb said:

I really really really hate this awful way of speaking. >_>

Nemesis_

I am intrigued to see how Hsien-Ko plays, though. She was crazy in Pocket Fighters but I am assuming she'd get more attention in something like this.

Bleepey

2j47jvc.jpg

Nemesis_

I am still amazed that there are no Dead Rising reps in the game.

It seems so normal since Capcom recently talked about it being big and the recent CASE WEST makes it seem like things aren't anywhere near done with the franchise.

Frank would work well, and I thought it made sense to include him since he kind of borrowed from MvsC2 Jill, and thus paved the way for the new MvsC3 Jill.

Similarly, I don't know why Chuck Greene never made it either. He would have so many possible attacks thanks to his weapon combinations.

But oh well. Things are fine as they are.

As I've said multiple times, at least I'm actually GETTING a Marvel vs. Capcom 3. >_>

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nemesis556 said:
I am still amazed that there are no Dead Rising reps in the game.

It seems so normal since Capcom recently talked about it being big and the recent CASE WEST makes it seem like things aren't anywhere near done with the franchise.

Frank would work well, and I thought it made sense to include him since he kind of borrowed from MvsC2 Jill, and thus paved the way for the new MvsC3 Jill.

Similarly, I don't know why Chuck Greene never made it either. He would have so many possible attacks thanks to his weapon combinations.

But oh well. Things are fine as they are.

As I've said multiple times, at least I'm actually GETTING a Marvel vs. Capcom 3. >_>

I fully agreed. I am supporting Frank or Chuck for MVC3 DLC or SMVC3. IF they didn't get in then I can just turn TVC on and play frank west whenever I want to.

Nemesis_

IntelliHeath said:
I fully agreed. I am supporting Frank or Chuck for MVC3 DLC or SMVC3. IF they didn't get in then I can just turn TVC on and play frank west whenever I want to.

Ideally I'd love Chuck, only because they'd do something a little bit different than what I've ALREADY played with TatsuCap.

It's pretty good to hear VJ is a bit more powerful since TatsuCap in the recent impressions, too.

Nemesis556 said:
People have said that Frank was in, but they cut him after they realized his zombies caused huge problems online.

Hopefully they'll fix him and get him back in as DLC.

Nemesis_

Banana Kid said:
People have said that Frank was in, but they cut him after they realized his zombies caused huge problems online.

Perfect excuse to put Chuck in!

h3ro said:
Everyone remember this?!

2zf6g5d.jpg

Never forget!

WE'RE ACTUALLY GETTING MVC3! HYPE HYPE HYPE

Does anyone have a place where they've collected all the MvsC3 hoaxes? I am interested to see them now. =)

Banana Kid said:

I don't get it, did they cause problems in TvC online too?

Nemesis_

_dementia said:
I don't get it, did they cause problems in TvC online too?

SNAP!

They didn't, I don't think.

That being said, I thought it was RAM issues or something - they couldn't have these characters all loaded at the same time or something.

(TvC was like, 2 on 2. MvsC3 was 3 on 3)

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I've always been a bit skeptical of Vs. Sentinel for one reason: Marvel seems to be more hands-on with making sure this represents their characters faithfully, and Crazy Transforming Hypermech Sent is extremely off-model to the Sentinels seen in the comics.

I'd sort of be okay with them paring him down to his more humanoid form and scaling back on that stuff. Then bring in Huitzil or a mech from Cyberbots to fill the nutty morphing move quotient.

Dahbomb

2&2 said:
I despise that this stupid video of that guy yelling like a idiot got associated with the game to the point it has. It's the kind of crap you mute 9-year olds for spewing over xbox live.
Welcome to USA... and where yo curly mustache at?

9i62l3.jpg

OH DATS SO PRINGLEZ!!!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
2&2 said:
I despise that this stupid video of that guy yelling like a idiot got associated with the game to the point it has. It's the kind of crap you mute 9-year olds for spewing over xbox live.
You're just jealous nothing you ever said (or will ever say) will make it into a game this awesome.
ogAR9.gif

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Shig said:
I've always been a bit skeptical of Vs. Sentinel for one reason: Marvel seems to be more hands-on with making sure this represents their characters faithfully, and Crazy Transforming Hypermech Sent is extremely off-model to the Sentinels seen in the comics.

I'd sort of be okay with them paring him down to his more humanoid form and scaling back on that stuff. Then bring in Huitzil or a mech from Cyberbots to fill the nutty morphing move quotient.

You know, if Sentinel is revealed and is a complete redesign so that he looks and plays more like the giant but humanoid Sentinels in the comics, there might be a bigger meltdown than the reveal that the button configuration might be different.

Of course, it just struck me that MODOK seems to almost be compensation for redesigning Sentinel, in terms of MODOK's area control game and flying abilities... hmm...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dahbomb said:

:lol

I think Capcom must have been pretty pissed about that list leaking. There's still 3 more weeks of hype left but at this point people just want to play the damn game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
2&2 said:

I think of it as a Casual / Hardcore Bridge. It's the kinda things anyone can appreciate on some level, because it's so ridiculous.

It's the definition of "HYPE!", a crazy amount of excitement which has no grounded sensibility. Kinda like the verbal representation of all the flashy colors and over-the-top effects of the game!

2&2 said:

I'm sorry, I'll be willing to listen to your opinions when the way you act keeps a game alive for 10 years.

Playing some MVC2 with friends last night made me wish Capcom would implement something like this:

individual player team battles. Each character is controlled by a single person. Would be fun for casual play and maybe even special tournaments. The PS3 version sales might increase a bit too since you could do 3v3 for reals. I loved dramatic battles in Alpha 3 (nothing better than beating down 2 friends at the same time) and wish something like that returned.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
robut said:
Playing some MVC2 with friends last night made me wish Capcom would implement something like this:

individual player team battles. Each character is controlled by a single person. Would be fun for casual play and maybe even special tournaments. The PS3 version sales might increase a bit too since you could do 3v3 for reals. I loved dramatic battles in Alpha 3 (nothing better than beating down 2 friends at the same time) and wish something like that returned.

It was called Cross Fever mode in MvC1 console release. People have asked if they'd do it in this game... I think they mentioned they'd LIKE to, but it wasn't a priority, and could present online play problems.

Dead or Alive 2 onward, and the new Mortal Kombat offer modes like this, however...

For a reference to how poorly made dramatic battle modes can turn out, reference Guilty Gear Isuka!

Giard

I wish they would implement a 1 vs 1 mode. No assists, one character for each side. Would make it much easier for my friends to appreciate, when it's 3 vs 3 and there's assists everywhere there's tons of shit on the screen. It's confusing and intimidating for new players IMO.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Gravijah said:
well, at least isuka had some damn good music

-nod- That it did! I even enjoyed the side-scrolling beat-em-up mode. But man did the core game feel clunky!

Giard said:
I wish they would implement a 1 vs 1 mode. No assists, one character for each side.

"Guys, lets have fun playing Marvel, by NOT playing Marvel!" I always figured you could... y'know... just play by those rules, until everyone understood how stuff happened. "10 rounds without using assist!" "Oh, so that's what that button does!".

You don't really NEED a mode to do this kinda stuff with actual friends! ^_^

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2&2 said:

"Close ya mouth son"

SAB CA said:
-"Guys, lets have fun playing Marvel, by NOT playing Marvel!" I always figured you could... y'know... just play by those rules, until everyone understood how stuff happened. "10 rounds without using assist!" "Oh, so that's what that button does!".

You don't really NEED a mode to do this kinda stuff with actual friends! ^_^
yeah, disable the assist input in options and reset to chracter select when the first character dies

or just play ST or something

Top Bottom