• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

19 year old girl eaten alive by Bear & cubs - Whilst on phone to her mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local environmental agency officials shot dead the bear and her three small cubs. They explained that if the cubs had tasted human flesh they might attack people again in the future, and thus had to be destroyed.

HOLY SHIT.....

Despera

Banned
Stupacabra said:
Unbearable.
Yeah, I was expecting a sound clip :(

Anyways, when I was younger I used to believe that a human could outrun a bear easily. I was shocked when I learned that they can be much, much faster than us.

RJT

SmokyDave said:
I reckon this is the original source.

Try googling for the province in which it happened.

Here is another article.
That sounds more legit, but has none of the details of the English tabloids (including the name of the victim). Hey, maybe they hacked their phone and have a copy of the call.

UrbanRats

SmokyDave said:
Damn, I was planning on having 'Va, Pensiero' from Verdi's 'Nabucco', but that suggestion might have topped it.
Nah, that's the (totally unofficial) Lega Nord hymn, in Italy. (basically xenophobe pricks who want to split Italy)

DonMigs85

daviyoung said:
So humans taste good. That's interesting.
There was once a butcher selling human flesh as pork in England, and the customers said it was some of the best they've ever had.

SmokyDave

DonMigs85 said:
There was once a butcher selling human flesh as pork in England, and the customers said it was some of the best they've ever had.
vasey_02_400x267.jpg

UrbanRats said:
Nah, that's the (totally unofficial) Lega Nord hymn, in Italy. (basically xenophobe pricks who want to split Italy)
Such beautiful music to cause strife by. Has anyone co-opted Mozart's requiem 'Lacrimosa'? I'll choose that instead.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I find it hard enough to dial contacts on a mobile when I'm walking down the street, so I am finding it plenty difficult to understand how someone could do it mid-bear mauling.

jaxword

Innocent young girl - check.
Horrific shock value - check.
Hook to make it different (live action on cell phone!) - check.
Remote area with low population of dissenting fact-checkers - Check-checked.

Has quite a few ingredients for a tabloid-style recipe of sensational headlines.

Teknoman

Pie and Beans said:
I find it hard enough to dial contacts on a mobile when I'm walking down the street, so I am finding it plenty difficult to understand how someone could do it mid-bear mauling.

If true...this is seriously messed up...but i'd also like to know how she managed to use her cell phone 3 times while mid bear attack. I mean damn.

Wanace

"Hello, mom? Yeah, this bear is eating me, it's such agony. Yeah. Just wanted to let you know. I'll call back if anything changes. Uh-huh, love you too. Bye!"

EdgecrusherLSU

Neo Member
This story is really hard to believe. Sounds like something a GAF member would do.

I'm being eaten alive, I should post on GAF and let em know how much it hurts.

I mean really, could you even dial a number and speak while being eaten alive. Just sounds too unbelievable.

jorma

is now taking requests
EdgecrusherLSU said:
This story is really hard to believe. Sounds like something a GAF member would do.

I'm being eaten alive, I should post on GAF and let em know how much it hurts.

I mean really, could you even dial a number and speak while being eaten alive. Just sounds too unbelievable.

The story is only believable if you reduce it to the facts given in the original story that smokydave posted.

A distraught mother listened on a mobile phone as her teenage daughter was eaten alive by a brown bear and its three cubs.

Olga Moskalyova, 19, gave an horrific hour-long running commentary on her own death in three separate calls as the wild animals killed her.

She screamed: 'Mum, the bear is eating me! Mum, it’s such agony. Mum, help!'

Her mother Tatiana said that at first she thought she was joking.

'But then I heard the real horror and pain in Olga’s voice, and the sounds of a bear growling and chewing,' she added. 'I could have died then and there from shock.'

Unknown to Tatiana, the bear had already killed her husband Igor Tsyganenkov - Olga’s stepfather - by overpowering him, breaking his neck and smashing his skull.

Olga, a trainee psychologist, saw the ­attack on her stepfather in tall grass and reeds by a river in Russia and fled for 70 yards before the mother bear grabbed her leg.

As the creature toyed with her, she managed to call Tatiana several times during the prolonged attack.Tatiana rang her husband - not knowing he was ­already dead - but got no answer.

She alerted the police and relatives in the village of Termalniy, near Petropavlovsk Kamchatskiy, in the extreme east of Siberia.

She begged them to rush to the river where the pair had gone to retrieve a fishing rod that Igor had left.

In a second call, a weak Olga gasped: 'Mum, the bears are back. She came back and brought her three babies. They’re... eating me.'

Finally, in her last call - almost an hour after the first - Olga sensed she was on the verge of death.

With the bears having apparently left her to die, she said: 'Mum, it’s not hurting any more. I don’t feel the pain. Forgive me for everything, I love you so much.'

The call cut off and that was the last Tatiana heard from her ­daughter.

Half an hour later, Igor’s brother Andrei arrived with police to find the mother bear still devouring his body. Badly mauled Olga was also dead.

Six hunters were sent in by the emergency services to kill the mother bear and her three cubs.

The double killing is the latest in a spate of bear attacks across ­Russia, as the hungry animals seek food in areas where people have ­encroached and settled on their former habitat.

A weeping Tatiana said that Olga had everything to look forward to, and was happy with her life and boyfriend Stepan.

'My daughter was such fun. She was so cheerful, friendly, and warm,' said Tatiana.

'She had graduated from music school, and just days before the bear attack she got her driving ­licence.'

Her husband and daughter are due to be buried today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026914/Mum-bear-eating--Final-phone-calls-woman-19-eaten-alive-brown-bear-cubs.html

sprsk said:
You are attacked by a bear and her cubs. Do you:

A. Call your mom to talk about it/if you were on the phone already, keep her on the line to describe the situation.
B. Hang up the damn phone and run like a mother fucker?

A. Yeh it makes no sense until you figure odds are she was already maimed though.
B. You never run from a bear. It will catch you.

Teknoman said:
Well what do you do then?
General advice is to slowly back away. Running usually ends up causing them to chase you down and since they can top 30MPH you're pretty much guaranteed to lose. Reading the article posted above it sounds like she could have gotten away too if she hadn't drawn attention to herself by running :( When cubs are involved it's especially dangerous anyway. Such a bad situation to find yourself in.

Eyeh4wk said:
Are you a computer ? How any of this sounds natural to you?

Uh wild animals don't control what they eat? Of course it is completely natural if they are carnivores to eat and prey on humans. What's not natural is using a cellphone as that was a man-made invention!

Nevertheless terrible story. Do people seriously think it is easy to escape bears here? You also have to take to the equation that if you panic you can also make mistakes and not act rationally.

storafötter said:
Nevertheless terrible story. Do people seriously think it is easy to escape bears here? You also have to take to the equation that if you panic you can also make mistakes and not act rationally.
I never said it was easy to escape a bear. I said you certainly never run from one as odds are it will almost always cause the bear to pursue you.

BMX Bandit said:
I never said it was easy to escape a bear. I said you certainly never run from one as odds are it will almost always cause the bear to pursue you.

I wasn't thinking of you, some others who were questioning her phone call activities. You had a good point.

storafötter said:
I wasn't thinking of you, some others who were questioning her phone call activities. You had a good point.
Ah, my bad. The phone call makes complete sense after reading the second article and was basically what I was figuring had happened :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm not easily impressed by stories like this, but this thread literally ruined my morning. Fucking nature.

xbhaskarx said:
< listens to phone call >
"You must destroy this tape, you must not let anyone else listen to it."

grizzly-man-herzog-listens.jpg
That's exactly what I was thinking, haha.

I still can't believe this happened. Absolutely horrible. It's also kind of sad that the cubs were destroyed, but understandable given the rationale.

bengraven

xbhaskarx said:
< listens to phone call >
"You must destroy this tape, you must not let anyone else listen to it."

grizzly-man-herzog-listens.jpg

Basically confirming that apparently death by bear is the most traumatic thing in the wild kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom