• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT14| Ruthless: The So Well Spoken Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

*sensibly nods* Evening kid.

Do you mean Elektra, or when Rosario-waifu showed up. (*longing sigh* ohh Rosario, how i love you)

You probably mean Elektra though.

I mean, shit. take your pick. But the B.B.D reference would be for Elektra, for sure.

Fuck it.

I'm going to start trying to date interracially. I don't want to because I want to be with a brother, but desperate times require desperate measures.

Dating blows, and not in the good way.

Do you.

Any man of color is on the table. No white guys.

Hoteps ain't shit.

I may need to tone down my confidence and start being more "pretty", less "brainy". I'm sure my personality is a huge turn off for dudes. I know what I want, and say what I feel. Don't give a shit. This is probably counter productive to finding mi amor.

Now wait a minute. Ain't a damn thing wrong with having brains and common sense. Not saying that you'd lose your mind and change or anything, but If a dude can't hang with all of you, then put them in the backup book and continue the search.

Now wait a minute. Ain't a damn thing wrong with having brains and common sense. Not saying that you'd lose your mind and change or anything, but If a dude can't hang with all of you, then put them in the backup book and continue the search.

Doesn't mean people can't use filters.

Kreed

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/19047014/

It's too early to be laughing this hard
Ww5Rfun.png

D i Z

Doesn't mean people can't use filters.

Don't you do that already though? I mean your filter might be a little more... refined than the average person out and about. But I've never gotten the impression from you that you weren't processing and letting small shit slide along the way. Not that I know you or anything. Just my impression.

----

For those that have watched CW already, you might enjoy a sip of that Double Toasted review hooch.

Malyse

What's on the menu BCT?

Today is steak cut fries lightly covered in a salt, onion, garlic, pepper, paprika seasoning with a salad with a homemade strawberry vinaigrette on the side and a chicken in tomato and onion dish.

Mizerman

It's a good thing I didn't drink my soda while laughing.

What's on the menu BCT?

Today is steak cut fries lightly covered in a salt, onion, garlic, pepper, paprika seasoning with a salad with a homemade strawberry vinaigrette on the side and a chicken in tomato and onion dish.

Right now, I got some beef ribs and ate a few burgers alongside some lettuce and cucumbers.

Don't you do that already though? I mean your filter might be a little more... refined than the average person out and about. But I've never gotten the impression from you that you weren't processing and letting small shit slide along the way. Not that I know you or anything. Just my impression.

Please donate to my fund to cure my affliction.

DE8R0sX.jpg

What's on the menu BCT?

You ever use that on baby spinach/kale? Makes for tasty oven chips.

Lasagna over here. Wife brought it from who knows where. You're shit sounds quite nice though. Enjoy.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
When you got to explain to your friend why it's not cool to say "I knew it was black people being loud in the theater" you start to reevaluate your friendship. It's just kind of sick that one moment people berate an entire race for trying to stand up for themselves then they actually demonstrate why we even have reason to do it in the first place...without realizing they're a part of the problem

----

Rib-eye
Fries
Asparagus

Shy

Any man of color is on the table. No white guys.
I understand that you don't want to feel fetishised for the colour or your skin, and that you feel in any political situation they'll be at beat diet racist, and at worst overtly racist.

But (and i'm going to get incredibly cheesy, so i apologise) love doesn't recognise skin colours. And by cutting yourself off from dating from any one particular group, could mean you miss your one true love.
I may need to tone down my confidence and start being more "pretty", less "brainy". I'm sure my personality is a huge turn off for dudes. I know what I want, and say what I feel. Don't give a shit. This is probably counter productive to finding mi amor.
I don't think you should change your personality at all, and find someone who loves you for you.

Because your only going to end up resenting your partner later on, and blaming him for you not feeling you can be yourself.

------------

Cindi. I hope you don't feel i was being condescending, or being ignorant about things that are none of my business.
I mean, shit. take your pick. But the B.B.D reference would be for Elektra, for sure.
Ahh. Didn't know that reference. Sorry.

I understand that you don't want to feel fetishised for the colour or your skin, and that you feel in any political situation they'll be at beat diet racist, and at worst overtly racist.

But (and i'm going to get incredibly cheesy, so i apologise) love doesn't recognise skin colours. And by cutting yourself off from dating from any one particular group, could mean you miss your one true love.

I'm not attracted to white men though. It's just really, really rare for me. They tend to not have features I find attractive such as thin lips, thin nose, pale skin, or round eyes. Maybe. But I mean, it's a big maybe. Mediterranean guys can be hot though. I like darker skinned white men. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I just couldn't get over the pink penis thing.

I don't think you should change your personality at all, and find someone who loves you for you.

Because your only going to end up resenting your partner later on, and blaming him for you not feeling you can be yourself.

Eh. Maybe so.

Malyse

You ever use that on baby spinach/kale? Makes for tasty oven chips.

Lasagna over here. Wife brought it from who knows where. You're shit sounds quite nice though. Enjoy.
No, cause I just made it today.

I've been wanting to make a lasagna for a few days. That or do a pizza from scratch.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You gonna tell people what they like breh? lol
Fitting an entire race into a box of stereotypical and pseudo racist aesthetics is stupid, yes.
It's pretty normal for women. I'm mostly attracted to black men.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/race-attraction-2009-2014/

Your observation has been duly noted.
those OK Cupid dating metrics isn't any type of revelation for me. I've read it and seen the thread on it here. It just confirms how stupid people are and how ingrained race is to them. preference is different than saying I won't date this race because they all basically have the same features.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=894899

Going to a Lauryn hill show in 2016 is like going to an azelia banks concert ever.

Just, why?

My mom wanted to go, and my older sister paid for it. I heard her performance is actually better these days than a few years ago , but she doesn't know how to show up on time.

Fitting an entire race into a box of stereotypical and pseudo racist aesthetics is stupid, yes.

those OK Cupid dating metrics isn't any type of revelation for me. I've read it and seen the thread on it here. It just confirms how stupid people are and how ingrained race is to them. preference is different than saying I won't date this race because they all basically have the same features.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=894899

bi-monthly pimping of my old Sexual Preferences and Racism thread, too:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109654

You're being corny af.

It's impossible to not be exposed to white men. They are everywhere, in media, in public. I know for a fact that I am not attracted to white men except for a miniscule amount.

Labeling that as "fitting an entire race into a box of stereotypical and pseudo racist aesthetics" is ridiculous.

I know what I'm attracted to, and it isn't white men.

You sound delirious and also like a total dude.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
bi-monthly pimping of my old Sexual Preferences and Racism thread, too:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109654
lol I'll give you that plug, for sure.

You're being corny af.

It's impossible to not be exposed to white men. They are everywhere, in media, in public. I know for a fact that I am not attracted to white men except for a miniscule amount.

Labeling that as "fitting an entire race into a box of stereotypical and pseudo racist aesthetics" is ridiculous.

what does being male have anything to do with this? I say the same thing to dudes who say they'd never date black women because they're too thick or "Loud". Lol you do you though.

lol I'll give you that plug, for sure.

what does being male have anything to do with this? Lol you do you.

Men, especially black men, often espouse that train of thought with a "we should be able to fuck anyone we want, anyone who thinks otherwise is backwards" to guilt other people for having strong sexual preferences to make themselves feel better that they can, in today's society, shack up with a white woman.

It's like guilt tripping people for having preferences while standing on some flimsy platform of racial color blindness. You can hang yourself while on that platform, by the way. Not touching it, not going near it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Men, especially black men, often espouse that train of thought with a "we should be able to fuck anyone we want, anyone who thinks otherwise is backwards" to guilt other people for having strong sexual preferences to make themselves feel better that they can, in today's society, shack up with a white woman.

It's like guilt tripping people for having preferences while standing on some flimsy platform of racial color blindness. You can hang yourself while on that platform, by the way. Not touching it, not going near it.
Lol and you think that's what's going on here?

D i Z

We talkin' about love? I thought we were talkin about getting Cindi some dick.

Don't hurt me, Cindi.

Was watching Love Life of an Asian Guy on his 100,000 likes stream today, and he was fielding questions / conversation about interracial dating. Specifically the unique hurdles that Black women and Asian men face, and the stereotypes that are often pervasive enough to keep these two peoples distanced with minimal effort.
He's been with his lady for years and they are a mixed couple. There was nothing revelatory about it, but I could tell that more than a few people were getting on the ground floor of this kind of education.

____

Roast Cod with Asparagus and Potatoes.

You're being corny af.

I'm a mixed (puerto rican and german, for those wondering) pansexual cis dude and while I don't have any specific preferences on race, I do tend to see myself gravitating towards people of color more often than not just because by and large they tend to be easier to talk to when it comes to stuff like identity politics, rather than trying to have to diffuse the situation before it even begins. Likewise with hetereosexual people - I've never really been attracted to straight dudes and while I don't personally exclude all of them, I also have issues developing romantic relationships with straight women because a lot of them think that pansexuality is inherently inseparable from cheating, polygamy, etc. the same way there's a stigma regarding bisexual people.

All in all, while this isn't exclusive to straight relationships, I feel like it's way more common for a lot of hetereosexual partnerships to feel more like an expectation rather than an actual, personal desire. While I get the idea of wanting to be with someone, I feel like there's a certain level of "predisposed commitment" that makes a lot of straight relationships (albeit generally not successful ones, mind you) seem like either side is just sticking to it for the sake of it or because they feel they have to, rather than trying to find someone whose company they actually enjoy.

That being said, though, I don't think I'd personally consider myself to never want to be with someone straight or white, it's just not as easy to find people in those demographics I can actually hit it off with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom