• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS: Info Collection - Dojo, Mega Man and Trailer! 2014!

SmithnCo

I wonder if this will sell better on 3DS due to the 3DS selling better.

To be fair, this is a while off yet and the WiiU could pick up the pace when games actually come out. I imagine a lot of people will want couch multiplayer from a Smash game. It will be interesting to see the sales either way.

Richie

Son of a bitch. I just realized Kid Icarus is going to get way better stages on the 3DS version. I don't want to play the 3DS version at all. :/

For the likes of Kid Icarus, I'd think they're gonna make an exception and feature stages from the latest installment in both. Because going by a strict Console-Handheld separation would leave us with no Pikmin stage in 3DS, for example.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My friend and I had an interesting discussion about casts for SSB4, and he said that he was pretty sure that we will get NintenDog as playable character.

My friend and I had an interesting discussion about casts for SSB4, and he said that he was pretty sure that we will get NintenDog as playable character.

I would vouch for Nintendog, if not for one thing - it's basically a realistic-looking puppy, and punching it around the stage doesn't sound fun at all. I'm pretty sure Nintendog will stick to indirectly influencing the match rather than actually being smashed anywhere.

Fingers crossed for the Duck Hunt Dog, though.

SuperSah

Banned
I think 3DS will have the upper-hand in sales if Wii U doesn't pick up.

3DS version will better for portable gamers, it'll have 3D and there's a ton of other 3DS games to play to warrant it over the Wii U version.

I for one am getting the 3DS version instead of the Wii U.

JoeM86

Todays picture

76Ma04u.jpg

qq more

I would not be seriously okay with this. I don't want to beat up realistic puppies, that's awful! What's wrong with him?!

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
The color... it pops.

It pops like rainbow popcorn with technicolor butter.

ugoo18

Is it just me or did the WiiU version get a visual boost/upgrade since Olimar's reveal pictures?

I've noticed it specifically for Link and a bit with Mario and Samus as well.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Battlefield is missing platforms in some of the materials they have shown off.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah, I was going on about this on the previous page. I don't really care for how they've chosen to split the stages up like they have.
Well if it means the GameBoy gets some love I'm all for it. I'm sure we're going to get at least one monochrome stage and probably some re-imagined stages of old games.

Spinluck

Ever wondered how Mewtwo works in comp. play? Here you go

He only went Mewtwo game 1 but he got really far into the tournament with just him apparently. Placed 13th.

The mobility and tricks he has, man, so cool.

Mewtwo always seemed like a character who was made for Brawl type play, but was stuck into Melee. He was awful in the competitive seen, cool video though.

SuperSah

Banned
Well home consoles are where SSB is at it's best.

Could argue that, but the 3DS version DID start development first, so a little more coverage could of been good.

The creator of the Super Smash Bros. series, Masahiro Sakurai, has stated that they decided on making Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS because they needed to evolve the fighting series. He states that the Nintendo 3DS version was developed first, but after technical difficulties, they decided to split it into the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U version and the Nintendo 3DS version.

I guess the 3DS one just lagged behind eventually.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There are daily images? >.> I wondered why nothing was happening

I wish the site was more straight-forward like Dojo! used to be.
You know the Brawl Dojo didn't start straight after the Brawl reveal. We are actually getting more out of this method.

If anything, we would get the Laughing Dog as playable before a NintenDog.

Duck hunt stage is what the people want, with a gun shooting the screen/ducks and if you get hit the dog laughs at you, then 10 ducks fly all over the screen and hit everyone

I need a stage like that.

Have there even been olimar/Wii fit trainer 3DS screens? Exclusive characters. I want to believe B^)

Plus, we're not getting every single bit of minutia revealed about the game prior to launch, which is much better.

This couldn't be more true. With every game that I've known enough to write an OT about before launch, I've ended up disappointed when it actually released.

Top Bottom