• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

vwzi.jpg

35rp.jpg

BONKERS

DS from 1800

EDIT: sorry about the hud. I thought changing the slider to zero mean it took it off. It just made it super tiny LOL

The AA in BF4 is pretty horrible.

Even downsampled there are a lot of glaring issues.

I can't wait to see how "Awesome" the PS4 and XBone versions look.

But those last shots of BF4 look amazing (Aside from an inconsistently modeled gun or texture here and there). IF only it was playable at those levels of IQ.

Also: Chromatic Aberration in that Lego game. Subtle without making it look very bad. I still wouldn't play it like that personally.

This game is coded all kinds of funny. Spent way too long trying to find a stable way to hide the weapon model. These are the only 2 shots I got before I crashed the game and gave up :) I'll just enjoy playing it.

10551679143_7a016a3ebb_o.jpg

10551679293_db6b0783a7_o.jpg

dsiOne

Banned
ArmA3's single-player is surprisingly well done, especially compared to the rest of the series. The new(ish) light shafts on dev branch look great.

ibaf9qIVdZYnY9.png

This is a mod that tracks terminal ballistics of bullets in ArmA3, the only other game I can think of that does anything similar to this is Occupation: Source. (Color code: Red 75%+ remaining muzzle velocity, yellow 50%+, green 25%+, blue 10%+, white 0%+) (the door was closed while spraying the 7.62mm rounds)

ibmlepMBRR56aO.png

That single round that ricocheted out of the window went on for another 300+ meters...

Why have people stopped listing resolution , downsampling/AA methods , any filters they are using etc in the screenshot thread?

I always liked seeing how much AA was used and what the effect was

Jibbed

Coming in to this thread was a huge mistake.

I'm now facing the dilemma of either waiting a month for my PS4 and buying BF4 for that, or delaying my PS4 purchase altogether for a new graphics card and BF4 on PC.

Sethos

Banned
Saw this before but was meaning to ask. Is that multiplayer? If so, what map?

Such a beautiful setting for a 1 on 1 showdown :)

No everything I've posted so far is single-player. I don't want to deal with MP through VPN, so I'll just wait till Thursday before I pop my cherry with that.

Thorgal

Why have people stopped listing resolution , downsampling/AA methods , any filters they are using etc in the screenshot thread?

I always liked seeing how much AA was used and what the effect was

The requirement to post your resolution. AA and any other filter was originally only needed in the Bullshot thread .

Now that thread has slowly been absorbed by this thread and most of us are now posting in here alone and since there is no rule that res should be posted . some do not see a need to .

For any rule changes you will have to ask Stallion .

No clue. I've replayed levels 2-3 times for recording, screenshots, looking for stuff but you seem to blaze straight through the game. I'd reckon like, 4 hours if you keep a good pace.

I hope that these 4 hours will be full of amazing action like the first level i've played..Thank u! ; )

Lime

Gimme gimme gimme some of that sweet BF4 life (5 more hours!).

Getting back into ME1.

I need to get some SMAA or TXAA injectors or something - any suggestions? My oldbookmark is broken for a SMAA d3d9.dll.

The second shot is from a cutscene, but I kinda like it since the Citadel is such an awesome place.

http://i.minus.com/iEUcIiSPCk8Rr.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iwCj8Thz84U9q.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

You need to enable some AA and high-res textures in your game.

Top Bottom