• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine Reportedly Launching June 7th

Regginator

that would be good news if true. witcher 3 is my goty and it's heading straight to one of my all time favourites. haven't played hearts of stone yet though. I was waiting for a final release date for blood and wine before buying the expansion pass.

With a title like "Blood and Wine", and dlcs premise being about "a dark secret" you could see a mile away what monsters the dlc was going to have, so I don't think it's a spoiler.

Anyway, I guess that June 7th is looking more and more solid now? 1 year after release is an absolute perfect time for a full on expansion pack, I wonder will they do more after this?

that would be good news if true. witcher 3 is my goty and it's heading straight to one of my all time favourites. haven't played hearts of stone yet though. I was waiting for a final release date for blood and wine before buying the expansion pass.

HoS elevates the game to even a higher level of awesomeness, IMO.

With a title like "Blood and Wine", and dlcs premise being about "a dark secret" you could see a mile away what monsters the dlc was going to have, so I don't think it's a spoiler.

Anyway, I guess that June 7th is looking more and more solid now? 1 year after release is an absolute perfect time for a full on expansion pack, I wonder will they do more after this?

In my wildest dream, I would love an expansion to the base game, like what they did with TW2. As great as it is, the ending fell a little bit short for me.

However, I think they will be all men on board the Cyberpunk train so I highly doubt there would be any substantial additions after B&W.

Exentryk

Cover reveal is threadworthy, so made a new thread.

The HoS expansion had a version with the Scoiata'el and Monster decks. I presume this is the other two.

the other 2 decks were in the Heart of Stone expansion.

So with the two physical editions you got all decks

Yes I know, but...

Nevermind.

These guys don't know what's in store for them ;)

Perhaps they're going a physical EE towards the end of the year, and that's when we'll get what you and I are thinking about.

Hmm... possibly.

Myze

So excited for this. While I really enjoyed The Witcher 1 and 2, I am still amazed at the quality and depth of TW3. I'm almost to the end of the main game and about to start the Hearts of Stone quests. I hear great things, that it's better than the main game, etc., so I can't wait.

Judging by the name of this, "Blood and Wine," and the mysterious and dangerous description of High Vampires in the Bestiary, I'm really hoping the expansion revolves around a High Vampire. I haven't read any of the books, so I only know what I've read there.

I could see it playing out as not being about a completely evil being and offering two sides to the story. Playing on our sympathy strings, even though he (or she) seems to be at least somewhat of a bastard
(a la the Bloody Baron).

Hoping the release date is accurate too, as it will give me plenty of time to play through Uncharted and Overwatch.

Nineonezero

Neo Member
Damn, that looks amazing! Only 2 card decks though? Hmmm...
Regardless... did the store owner give you any dates?
It's seems highly likely that there will be only 2 decks. Well,he didn't as the store were about to close but i'm gonna ask him more tomorrow and hopefully i could get any new info especially the release date ;)

It's seems highly likely that there will be only 2 decks. Well,he didn't as the store were about to close but i'm gonna ask him more tomorrow and hopefully i could get any new info especially the release date ;)

Thanks! Be sure to keep us update if you find out. ;) Personally, I'm betting May 17th.

UrbanRats

Fuck, I have yet to play the first expansion, despite W3 being my GOTY.
Between Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted 4, I'm not sure when I'll do it.

You're welcome. But I think due to my leak earlier, maybe we're gonna get any new official info today ;). May 17th would be sweet as it set between uncharted 4 and overwatch.

Now you're just teasing. Started my second play through recently on the PC so hopefully I'll get it done before it drops.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
oh man i'm way too excited for this! i already have the expansion pass but i'm gonna buy the physical copy anyway just for the cards. i'll probably give the code away to someone when i get it.

here in the UK the retailer GAME gets all the goodies so I've even registered an account with them just so I'm ready. I tend to avoid them but if it's the only way I'm gonna get those cards then so be it.

i wonder what it'll cost. GAME has the HoS at £15. Blood and Wine is gonna be much bigger than HoS. I'm expecting £15-20 digital and £20-25 physical.

Ducktail

I`m definitely buying this one, though I skipped Hearts of Stone.

The more I'm away from The Witcher 3, the more I miss it. I guess it will be one of those generation defining experiences, just like GTA V was before. Awesome game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I`m definitely buying this one, though I skipped Hearts of Stone.

The more I'm away from The Witcher 3, the more I miss it. I guess it will be one of those generation defining experiences, just like GTA V was before. Awesome game.

why did you skip HoS? you said you miss The Witcher 3...i don't get it. It's such a good expansion.

Exentryk

oh man i'm way too excited for this! i already have the expansion pass but i'm gonna buy the physical copy anyway just for the cards. i'll probably give the code away to someone when i get it.

People that have the expansion pass can get the cards via that Gwent website, and that means you only have to pay for the cards, and not the expansion. I did this for HoS.
I'm sure they'll make that option available for BaW too.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
People that have the expansion pass can get the cards via that Gwent website, and that means you only have to pay for the cards, and not the expansion. I did this for HoS.
I'm sure they'll make that option available for BaW too.

oh cool. well i'll keep an eye out for that then thanks for letting me know about it !

Heartfyre

why did you skip HoS? you said you miss The Witcher 3...i don't get it. It's such a good expansion.

Not only would I suggest that it's the best thing in the whole Witcher series (so far at least), I would argue that it's one of the best expansion packs of all time. It was such a densely-packed, yet superbly-paced quest line. I'm not sure how they're going to top it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Yeah, that's the one. It's likely in-active now since it had limited copies IIRC. I'm guessing they'll re-activate it for BaW.

how does it work exactly, i think you get a code or something but how can i prove i own the expansion pass and how do i get sent the code?

Exentryk

how does it work exactly, i think you get a code or something but how can i prove i own the expansion pass and how do i get sent the code?

They asked to take a screenshot of proof of purchase of the expansion pass along with your username visible in the same shot. I just took a screenshot of GOG Galaxy with those things shown.

phrostb

Neo Member
They asked to take a screenshot of proof of purchase of the expansion pass along with your username visible in the same shot. I just took a screenshot of GOG Galaxy with those things shown.

I bought the season pass through steam.. is there any way I can get all 3 decks when the new DLC comes out?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

uh ok, i have it on PS4. not sure how i'm gonna prove that. i wonder if just taking a screenshot of my library or something would be good enough. i'll wait and see.

Exentryk

I bought the season pass through steam.. is there any way I can get all 3 decks when the new DLC comes out?

Dunno about the first two decks, since those were only available with Hearts of Stone and that too were limited copies, but you should be able to get the last two with Blood and Wine.

I am just going off what they did with HoS though, and don't know if they plan on doing it differently this time around. We'll just have to wait and see.

the chris

uh ok, i have it on PS4. not sure how i'm gonna prove that. i wonder if just taking a screenshot of my library or something would be good enough. i'll wait and see.

I took a screenshot when I purchased the expansion pass from the Sony's online store and used that as my proof of purchase. You should be able to do the same since the PSN store shows if you've purchased it already.

Store link for expansion pass

You're welcome. But I think due to my leak earlier, maybe we're gonna get any new official info today ;). May 17th would be sweet as it set between uncharted 4 and overwatch.

May 27th according to Amazon...

Welcome to the land of knights, noble ladies and magnificent wineries. When this kingdom is torn apart by a series of savage massacres, Geralt of Rivia takes on his last great contract. Blood and Wine offers over 20 hours of adventure, in which beauty clashes with horror, and love dances with deceit.

kJanVJU.jpg

Top Bottom