• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

wormania

Just got a Pro for £250 off Amazon, condition is used - very good.

Anyone else get one in that condition? Any feedback?

I had one like that. Everything in the box was untouched, outside box seal didn't seem to be the original, that was it

Mideon

I had one like that. Everything in the box was untouched, outside box seal didn't seem to be the original, that was it

I got a used like new. It had been out the box and the power lead had a gash in it but apart from that it all seemed in new condition no scratches or anything.

Obviously I'm not going to spend £54.99 on a digital game because I'm not completely fucking insane, but I will always be willing to spend a few quid more to get a game digitally over physically if the resale value when I'm done with it will mean it's not worth selling. Like, that Fallout sells to CeX for five quid, and probably less if I play it for 80 hours and try and ditch it in six months time - it's not really worth selling so having an unsellable digital copy doesn't bother me.

The convenience of not pissing about swapping disks when I want to play something is worth that extra little bit of money, for me, because it means I'm more likely to actually play the game rather than just have it sit on my shelf gathering dust which, fun fact, Fallout 4 actually has been since it came out! I often find that since I know I'm going to want to play Game X again that day what's the point of putting Game Y in the console because I'll only have to swap it back again. With digital everything is just so immediate and accessible.

I am a bit lazy, but I doubt I'm alone.

I use to think like that until I move here, where the internet is really really shitty, it took me five days to download a 50GB game =(, that's lame because I would paid a few quid less and have the game almost a week earlier, and having only 1 or 2T of HD space doesn't help either, but yeah, I really prefer to not have to swap discs

Fixed.

And: by then you'll have long lost your patience and your sanity. But I guess that's a fair trade off for not having to friggin' swap friggin' discs!!! ;-)

Well if you had to download and install the game every time you wanted to play it, yeah, that'd be a bit awkward. I find it's generally a one-time deal though and it's still quicker than amazon!

Well if you had to download and install the game every time you wanted to play it, yeah, that'd be a bit awkward. I find it's generally a one-time deal though and it's still quicker than amazon!

Once is already more than enough.

I can't even stand having to download updates/patches of a couple of Megabytes every time I pop in a new game in my PS3. The PlayStation Store is so slow! The thought of having to download and install Gigabytes of game data before I get to play my games is a huge turn off.

And depending on how big your hard drive is, you may actually have to download and install your games multiple times.

And depending on how big your hard drive is, you may actually have to download and install your games multiple times.

It's pretty rare I'd have ten AAA games on the go at once, so HDD space is rarely an issue.

For sure I might have to re-install stuff, but we're talking periods of years between uninstalling and re-installing the same thing, so it's never a bother. And like I say, no matter how slow PSN is for me, it's never slower than Amazon Logistics.

EmiPrime

The 2TB 2.5" Firecuda is £101 on Amazon now. I think that's the cheapest it has ever been, I cancelled my order at the old price and put a new one in. It hasn't been in stock for quite some time however and they're probably heavily backordered so one for the patient cheap arses.

Just took advantage of the mynintendo offer to get Persona Q for £15.29, don't need any more games right now, but I like both Persona and Etrian Odyssey so couldn't pass it up.

JP

Just took advantage of the mynintendo offer to get Persona Q for £15.29, don't need any more games right now, but I like both Persona and Etrian Odyssey so couldn't pass it up.
I read that completely wrong...and almost had a heart attack. :(
Code:
[IMG]http://gamehubs.com/media/2016/02/pq5.jpg[/IMG]

I read that completely wrong...and almost had a heart attack. :(
Code:
[IMG]http://gamehubs.com/media/2016/02/pq5.jpg[/IMG]

Haha I'd have been all over an offer like that, was a machine I always wanted when I was younger and still do now, sadly with a mortgage and the price of the machine they don't seem to agree anymore :(

Did they show any marked improvement over the usual 5400 2TB drives, was it worth laying out again for one?
AFAIK, this drive (ST2000LX001) is considered the best HDD upgrade for PS4 (Pro) currently, considering the price/storage/performance ratios for a 2TB, SSHD drive.
It's been lauded both here on GAF and on Reddit. Been waiting for this one for a while. It's constantly out of stock everywhere.

AFAIK, this drive (ST2000LX001) is considered the best HDD upgrade for PS4 (Pro) currently, considering the price/storage/performance ratios for a 2TB, SSHD drive.
It's been lauded both here on GAF and on Reddit. Been waiting for this one for a while. It's constantly out of stock everywhere.

Yeah I've certainly seen the buzz for it, but with a 2TB drive already it would only be a load time boost for me and I can't say I mind the times currently. Maybe if they release a 3/4TB I might make the jump.

Enjoy the purchase :)

JP

Haha I'd have been all over an offer like that, was a machine I always wanted when I was younger and still do now, sadly with a mortgage and the price of the machine they don't seem to agree anymore :(
Seriously, I went dizzy for a second. All I could think was, "MUST NINTENDO QUICKER!!!!!".

I've never owned a Panasonic Q either, the Gamecube is one of my favourite consoles ever but these always seemed extravagant for somebody who only wanted to play the games.

They also have that Lego Harry Potter Collection for the same price.

Thanks for mentioning this! Just ordered a copy and let my friend know, we were both going to order it from amazon or somewhere for over £10 more

Really nice price. I've never played any of them before but I love Harry Potter and enjoy lego games so it's excellent value for me

11% Quidco is back on Flubit.

For an example of how good this is, I bought an item that was £25 on amazon. Flubit reduced it to £22.38, and then I got another £3.08 cashback. So a saving of nearly six quid on a £25 item.

Amazon free delivery is so shit.

Estimated delivery 8 days? No way. Oh wait you mean you won't dispatch it for 6 days even though it is in stock.

kadotsu

Banned
I won't look forward to the non prime service next year. But I can't continue my subscription. The German Amazon video selection is atrocious more than half doesn't have the original voices. I also am done with paying for adequate service. I'll just buy less from them.

There's something similar here in Norway as well.

And if you search for cashback + USA you'll find plenty of websites for the US as well.

Germany has shoop.de, which was called qipu until recently. France has shoop as well. All part of the same company

Interesting. I don't think we have anything quite like it. I've had cashback offers on individual products, like a Sony camcorder and such. But afaik we don't have anything as organised as Quidco or the services you described.

Edit: or maybe we do...
https://www.lyoness.com/be-nl/

I won't look forward to the non prime service next year. But I can't continue my subscription. The German Amazon video selection is atrocious more than half doesn't have the original voices. I also am done with paying for adequate service. I'll just buy less from them.

I dislike how they tie video to delivery services, rather they ditch the video and offer a cheaper delivery service.

NateDog

If anyone's getting TLG from one of the outlets selling it with that neat slipcover a d you don't want it, please let me know and maybe I could buy it from you for a reasonable price? I'm already getting the UCE but that slipcover is too adorbs to not at least try and get.

I think the savings are calculated on 65 model. The 55 goes for 2499 at mediamarkt.

I wasn't querying the saving, what I was implying was this

NEymwdx.png

If you were just to click the link and not check you could be forgiven for thinking you would be purchasing the 65" model as that's what the description has for the model number, only checking below do you see that the 55" is selected.

Top Bottom