• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

Okay guys, regarding my problem with my PSN account ban last night, I called Sony, explained the situation, and the dude was nice but said the situation is a strange one so he had to go off and speak to his supervisor after pulling up my account details.

He came back and said he had good and bad news. He said the bad news is the ban came from head office, so they can't make a request to them else they'd just outright reject it.

So I have to write to the head office in London (write, not email, in this day and age) and that was that. I asked him how long it would take to receive a reply upon receipt of letter, and he said it should be within 48 hours.

Why do I feel that whatever I send will be going to the same office I just called and will fall on deaf ears?

I'm going to send the letter but if I don't get a reply, should I just call back and tell the advisor I've written to head office but received no reply, should I keep asking to speak to somebody higher up?

From what I have been seeing in customer support, it's a better idea to bug them and demand to be escalated (snail mail in this day and age wtf?) rather than acquiesce to what they tell is 'due procecure'

Whatever that 'ban from the head office' was, I am willing to bet that the line manager there in the support center floor can at the very least challenge that, or give you a better answer.

When it comes to stuff like these it's difficult to be just speaking to the low-level reps because they really don't have the authority, and when they ask for their supervisor for help, you're just going to get something unsatisfactory. Better to demand to speak with the supervisor/manager yourself.

RE_Player

I feel bad for Towerfall. Even though it's on the store a lot of people are probably waiting for the Plus discount which I cannot see right now.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wasn't this a US only problem? I can't sign in the PC Eu store and the Vita Jap store.
Trouble shared is a trouble halved("mal comune mezzo gaudio" google translation)?

Tizoc

I'm a bit new to all this, but are there sales every week? Should we expect there to be when the store situation is resolved?

US PSN has weekly sales; as in various titles go on sale for 1 week only.
EU PSN has sales that last a week or 2 weeks and sometimes longer.

Basically whatever sale you find in the All Deals section on the webstore, get what you want of it BEFORE the next Tuesday ASAP.

VanWinkle

I hate how Sony isn't more open about this. Tell us WHY the store update is OVER 24 hours late.

I'm a bit new to all this, but are there sales every week? Should we expect there to be when the store situation is resolved?

Most weeks there are sales. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case this week as well.

Flandy

I hate how Sony isn't more open about this. Tell us WHY the store update is OVER 24 hours late.

Most weeks there are sales. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case this week as well.
Hasn't been 24 hours quite yet. Once it hits 2 PM PT then you can call it 24 hours late

I feel bad for picking on you guys yesterday.

Can't believe this has spread into Wednesday. I'm lazy, anyone care to fill me on in what they are saying is the reason for this nonsense?

When is the last time the store was late by more than a few hours? I can't remember it being a full day before. I remember when it switched from Thursdays to Tuesdays, and an occasional holiday that moved things around, but they always gave notice.

J2d

Why is the eu ps4 store so shitty? There's barely anything on it, the us one actually resembles the ps3 one.

Ponn

Banned
would help me if they did, planning on buying FFX HD collection for the ps3 and vita, would net me $10.

You still should be able to since it runs through the 18th. Well, actually as long as they don't pull this crap again next week and delay the update a whole day or more then it wouldn't work.

I would like to get FFXHD Vita and Deception Vita for the deal. I hate to get FFXHD Vita and be only $20 bucks away from getting $10 back.

puttyt10.png

new date... these guys are straight up trolls

ramyeon

US PSN has weekly sales; as in various titles go on sale for 1 week only.
EU PSN has sales that last a week or 2 weeks and sometimes longer.

Basically whatever sale you find in the All Deals section on the webstore, get what you want of it BEFORE the next Tuesday ASAP.
EU PSN has weekly "Deal of the Week" sales now too.

Waiting on the EU update for Miku today, no rush so I'm not too fussed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I should have explained myself further.

1. I meant when you back-up the full game with the save through content manager.
2. Subscription runs out. I buy the game that I backed-up through content manager before subscription ran out.
3. Will I be able to keep saves that way?

Yes, but you won't be able to use the title until you buy/resub. The DRM has to check to see if you TRULY own and/or re-renting the title before allowing you to boot it.

ramyeon

That right there is just a thing of beauty. So no OLED isn't too big of a deal?
Not a deal breaker no. It's definitely different, it's warmer and has less contrast. But it's not a bad display by any means and I think most people probably won't notice after spending time with it.

Worth it for the cosmetic upgrades, the better ergonomics and the battery life IMO.

Sylver

Banned
It's not the first time it happens and won't be the last time.
Somebody at Sony should take some decisions...
I bet this is costing money at some companies like SEGA.
And what's the deal with all that crappy Avatars every week?, Is this just to make people believe there is content on the PSN store?.
Put all of them on their own category because nobody gives a shit about avatars.
It's quite hard to find worthy content with all that mess popping around.

ReaperXL7

Not a deal breaker no. It's definitely different, it's warmer and has less contrast. But it's not a bad display by any means and I think most people probably won't notice after spending time with it.

Worth it for the cosmetic upgrades, the better ergonomics and the battery life IMO.

I am kind of interested in the 2000 because I have been having some weird issues with my 1000s battery. The problem that I have with the 2000 is that every shot I have seen makes it look like it has some kind of piss yellow tint to the LCD screen.

Example:

vita-comparison.jpg
could just be The pictures I'm aware, but I have not been able to see one in person and I have seen that tint in a lot of the slim pictures.

ramyeon

I am kind of interested in the 2000 because I have been having some weird issues with my 1000s battery. The problem that I have with the 2000 is that every shot I have seen makes it look like it has some kind of piss yellow tint to the LCD screen.

Example:

vita-comparison.jpg
could just be The pictures I'm aware, but I have not been able to see one in person and I have seen that tint in a lot of the slim pictures.
It's a warmer display yeah, but pictures don't really do it justice and make it look worse than it actually is. Your eyes adjust to the temperature of the screen so unless you're running your OLED next to it and actively comparing them it really isn't an issue I think.

Battery life seems really good though.

Skyzard

Banned
BTW I popped into a GAME UK store today. First time got to play with the x1 and ps4 controllers. They even had a Vita on display, worker was explaining it to some guy and mentioned that the only difference between the new and old model was the weight. I wanted to take out my Vita then and there but resisted.

Top Bottom