• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2: Episode Three speculation

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
IMO this one is the most impresive.

ep1_citadel_040007.jpg

Thanks, this is about half of my Ep. One images. Alyx is the centre of attention of course. I don't think I took this many for Ep. Two.

Excellent pictures. The game really does look better than I remember. Maybe it's because I was just playing through Half-life 2 (I hate Ravenholm).

Sibylus

Banned
I *just* realized that the hallway with the resistance troops under attack was the same hallway in the Mossman transmission.

I feel silly.

Sciz

Botolf said:
I *just* realized that the hallway with the resistance troops under attack was the same hallway in the Mossman transmission.

I feel silly.
Strange thing is, the bulletin board texture in that area is changed between episodes.

Let's see how long it takes for my Photobucket bandwidth to dry up. Watch as I progress from forgetting to take pictures to taking them with the HUD on to taking them at 1024x768 so I stop crashing to taking clean, HUD-free shots.

More in my next post.

Sciz

Botolf said:
Weird. Anything significant on the texture itself?
Nope. One is a generic bulletin board, and the other is from Kleiner's lab. I hope we actually get to go to that exact location in Ep. 3 just so I can see what ends up being there. :lol

HL2 in pictures, continued:

And that's a wrap. I have to admit, I've never really appreciated how finely crafted this game is until this last playthrough. There's a degree of artistry in every facet of the world's design that I don't think any other developer can touch.

And now, the full size "best of" selections:

d1_trainstation_050007.jpg

d1_canals_100011.jpg

d1_town_02a0033.jpg

d2_coast_070001.jpg

d2_lostcoast0006.jpg

d2_coast_120015.jpg

d2_prison_040006.jpg

d2_prison_070024.jpg

d2_prison_070023.jpg

d3_c17_020062.jpg

d3_c17_030001.jpg

d3_c17_040007.jpg

d3_c17_070004.jpg

d3_c17_080009.jpg

d3_c17_090017.jpg

d3_c17_10a0019.jpg

d3_c17_130002.jpg

d3_citadel_010012.jpg

d3_citadel_020036.jpg

d3_citadel_040063.jpg

d3_citadel_040068.jpg

d3_breen_010090.jpg

d3_breen_010098.jpg

d3_breen_010101.jpg

d3_breen_010110.jpg

d3_breen_010112.jpg

d3_breen_010128.jpg

Sibylus

Banned
Jaded Alyx said:
"What is this hallway? It looks familiar.

Hmm.

Eh, whatever. Back to my playthrough!"

Sciz said:
Nope. One is a generic bulletin board, and the other is from Kleiner's lab. I hope we actually get to go to that exact location in Ep. 3 just so I can see what ends up being there. :lol
Ah. Mossman recovered some documents from the lab before City 17 was blown up, maybe.

I never saw him at all during my first playthrough. Especially weird since as soon as I got to that area with the bridge, I said to myself, "that bastard must be around here somewhere!"

:lol The G-man would be a scary boss to have. And since I know Episode 3 is going to rock, I just hope the muscle car buggy returns. That thing was BADASS boy.

Oreoleo

Jaded Alyx said:
I never saw him at all during my first playthrough. Especially weird since as soon as I got to that area with the bridge, I said to myself, "that bastard must be around here somewhere!"

I never saw him either. It actually wasn't until the other day I was playing through EP2 with the developer commentary and one of the guys say "For the more attentive players, this is the first G-man sighting since HL2" and I'm all "What? Where?!" and sure enough, there he was on the bridge.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Botolf said:
So in my recent preparations for the eventual HL2 playthrough thread (early, I know), I divvied up chapters into days, and came up with 19 days to finish (a chapter a day roughly, shorter chapters or chapters that blend with the previous one are combined).

HL2: 10 days
Episode One: 3 days
Episode Two: 6 days

The idea is to set down hard dates when Valve announces Episode Three's release date, so Gaf can jump into III with perfect timing (Episode Three would be released on the 20th day).

Thoughts?

I would likely participate. I think your spacing is perfect - a liitttle on the slow side, but better to go through it too slow than too fast - gives us a good opportunity to discuss the finer points of each chapter, instead of glossing over them.

I don't wanna play through the saga again until ep 3 is about to drop, so I'm def. in.

Sibylus

Banned
GDJustin said:
I would likely participate. I think your spacing is perfect - a liitttle on the slow side, but better to go through it too slow than too fast - gives us a good opportunity to discuss the finer points of each chapter, instead of glossing over them.

I don't wanna play through the saga again until ep 3 is about to drop, so I'm def. in.
Happy to hear it :D

Thread needs more pics, to be honest.

BTW, this pic:

ep2_outland_11b0006.jpg

reminds me of the one time Alyx truly pissed me off. Who the hell makes a cup of tea that fast!?

Kabouter

Man, that opening level of Episode 1 outside the Citadel...amazing. One of the most gorgeous and well designed levels I've seen in an FPS. I also really really like the Lost Coast, which despite being a tech demo and being super super short, really showcases some good FPS design.

[Nintex]

Amazing screenshots, use these console commands to hide the hud/gun:
First find the enable console option, it should be somewhere on the keyboard option screen.

Press '~' for console:
sv_cheats 1 - enables 'cheat' commands like the ones listed here
cl_drawhud 0 - hides the hud
impulse 200 - hides the gun
jpeg_quality 100 - for better quality shots

Sciz

[Nintex] said:
Amazing screenshots, use these console commands to hide the hud/gun:
I've started doing this manually, but is there any way to string several commands together as a macro?

Half-Life 2: Episode One in pictures.

ep1_citadel_000006.jpg

ep1_citadel_000024.jpg

ep1_citadel_010018.jpg

ep1_citadel_010035.jpg

ep1_citadel_02b0014.jpg

ep1_citadel_030046.jpg

ep1_citadel_040057.jpg

ep1_citadel_040064.jpg

ep1_c17_00a0095.jpg

ep1_c17_010113.jpg

ep1_c17_02a0005.jpg

ep1_c17_02a0021.jpg

ep1_c17_060006.jpg

ep1_c17_060033.jpg

[Nintex]

Sciz said:
I've started doing this manually, but is there any way to string several commands together as a macro?
You could try a bind command like:
bind c "sv_cheats 1"

I'm not sure if it works though.

Sibylus

Banned
I heard about a console command a while back that enhances the game physics, allowing enemy ragdolls to pile on top of each other and so on. Does anybody know what the command is?

Jaded Alyx said:
He deserved it.
True enough!

Dolphin

Banned
Someone should mod HL2 to include all of the enhancements from the later installments. I'd love to see City 17 in HDR.

Dolphin said:
Someone should mod HL2 to include all of the enhancements from the later installments. I'd love to see City 17 in HDR.
I can't remember where, but I read somewhere Valve was going to add the new graphic enhancements back to HL2. They did add the episodes' new graphic stuff to HL2 on 360 I'm pretty sure.

lopaz

Banned
Pics are pretty and all but GODDAMN GET THOSE THINGS IN THUMBNAILS

I came in here to see sexy sexy speculation but every time I scroll to the bottom it takes me back up half the page cause a load of hugeass pics just loaded >: (

bee

Dolphin said:

already been done, fakefactory cinematic mod 8.2

2h2jr7r.jpg

10o34nr.jpg

1177cxk.jpg

5cnn2u.jpg

fwlzc3.jpg

n4xjsj.jpg

xkzvrs.jpg

16m0dpj.jpg

Top Bottom