• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces new Zelda themed 3DS SKU

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Luigi87 said:
Just bumping as the GameStop BF ad confirms the bundle for NA.
Does NoA still exist? Why do they never advertise new SKUs and bundles?

Buttons

Preordered it today. Gonna give it to myself as a christmas present. Was hard to decide between this and the nice white 3ds bundle. @.@

Vyse The Legend said:
It is a regular black 3DS, not the awesome Euro one.
ibxTIneTtpjmLe.png

Luigi87

I want this, but money is an issue.

Plus it hasn't even been a freakin' year yet since the 3DS came out and I got it at launch.

Vyse The Legend said:
Awesome.

The Best Buy Black Friday ad shows a regular Cosmo black only.

Nah, that is the Zelda one, whoever wrote up the ad just didn't identify it as being different. The really low-res scan makes it difficult to tell.

RBH

Luigi87 said:
Nah, that is the Zelda one, whoever wrote up the ad just didn't identify it as being different. The really low-res scan makes it difficult to tell.
solblade00 said:
I think it's just the low quality, but that's definitely the same as the EU one.
i_Best-Buy_2011_Nintendo-3DS-Cosmo-Black-Bundl_1321018213.jpg

Kinda looks like the normal black 3DS to me.

Guevara

So the red SM 3D Land bundle seems like the obvious better deal, it's a recent release of an all new game vs a rerelease of a game I already own x3, but goddamn the Zelda bundle is tempting.

Berordn

Guevara said:
vs a rerelease of a game I already own x3
Remake ;(

But the red does look infinitely better in person than the black does, if that sways your opinion at all. Curious how that weird trim looks.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It just says "Cosmo Black Bundle", if it was a special edition DS wouldn't it specify that?

I'm quite tempted to get one either way!!

-Winnie-

This was confirmed for Aus, but doesn't come with OoT... What a fucking scam. You can even see the shitty Photoshop job that they did to erase the OoT inclusion. :l

154303_detail_V2.jpg

Okay, I guess I'm a bit sour after seeing that awesome deal you guys in the States are getting.

HylianTom

Banned
-Winnie- said:
This was confirmed for Aus, but doesn't come with OoT... What a fucking scam. You can even see the shitty Photoshop job that they did to erase the OoT inclusion. :l

154303_detail_V2.jpg

Okay, I guess I'm a bit sour after seeing that awesome deal you guys in the States are getting.

It will be mine.
Oh yes.. it will be mine.

(goodbye, navy blue DS Lite! Thanks for the memories!)

-Winnie- said:

This is so bullshit. Aus is like the old europe and new america all in one.

So if this is on the list for Gamestop in the US for Black Friday, and Black Friday is just over a week away...why have we heard nothing about this officially from NoA?

(Then again I guess that last word is an answer on to itself.)

Ridley327

Edag Plata said:
So if this is on the list for Gamestop in the US for Black Friday, and Black Friday is just over a week away...why have we heard nothing about this officially from NoA?

(Then again I guess that last word is an answer on to itself.)
I don't think NoA has ever really done a ton of PR for Black Friday hardware bundles.

Bulzeeb

wait, when is the Zelda Bundle coming out? please tell me that it is coming out next month because I am so broke right now

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Still split on how this looks... Although I didn't know it came with OoT too, that's sweet.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And finally they announced them

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Thanksgiving is full of difficult decisions: Stuffing or mashed potatoes? Green beans or yams? Homemade cranberry sauce or fresh from a can?

Nintendo is adding two enticing choices to this bountiful cornucopia by introducing two limited-edition Nintendo 3DS™ bundles on Nov. 24. The toughest part will be deciding which bundle to purchase.

The first bundle includes the just-launched Super Mario 3D Land™ game and a Flame Red Nintendo 3DS system. The second bundle includes The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D game and a special 25th anniversary limited-edition Cosmo Black Nintendo 3DS system marked with the Hyrule emblem and gold-colored embellishments. Each bundle will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99 in the U.S.

Shoppers who want to test-drive Nintendo 3DS and these two games can pay a visit to one of two dozen malls nationwide between Nov. 21 and Dec. 18. Nintendo will have all the best video games for the holidays on display. Nintendo’s website has a complete list of malls participating in the program.

Remember that Nintendo 3DS also comes with exciting entertainment features right out of the box. Users can download and play hundreds of new and classic games from the Nintendo eShop, and the Nintendo Video service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood to the Nintendo 3DS system. Owners can play games in 3D without the need for special glasses and take their own 3D pictures. Netflix subscribers can stream great TV and movie content. Later this month, Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to record 3D videos or create stop-motion movies.

For more information about Nintendo 3DS, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

Got my US bundle from Bestbuy.com for 179.99, premier silver RZ members get black friday pricing for today while supplies last. Now hopefully the one I get won't have screen wobble or dead pixels. Also hope the "gold colored embellishments" as they called them are not just cheap silk screenings that will wear off from use...

Mupod

Going to go pick one up in about 20 minutes...I'm Canadian but I called up my EB yesterday and was told they'd have them.

It's a tiny-ass store though and it's usually a nightmare in there this time of year, sales or no sales.

? I don't see what the mystery is, it's like asking people why they have wallpaper/background images on their computers/360/ps3. I wish the U.S. got more limited edition consoles, some look great.

ff13-ps3-12-16-09.jpg

The Halo Reach 360 is the best looking 360 around. Microsoft should offer a matte gray/silver unit as a standard option.

Top Bottom