• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Announces Plans for Official Store in San Francisco

Deerock71

the rock n64 GIF
the rock summerblockbusters GIF by Sony Movie Channel

Scared Super Mario Bros GIF by Leroy Patterson

Hopefully the plumbers can do a good job of cleaning up the shit.

-----------------------------------------

The Sony store that was in the Metreon was pretty cool. The city was such a great place for a long time and then it went to literal shit. Not too long after I left, just about everyone I knew left too. Hopefully the powers that be have success in turning The Bay around, because in it's current state....It's not okey-dokey.

Winter John

That’s great news for anyone looking for some cheap Nintendo gear. It’ll all be on the sidewalk outside the store within 2 hours of opening day.

Bridges

Visiting the Nintendo store is always a highlight any time I'm in New York. I think it's a great idea to expand but going into San Fran is... Questionable

StereoVsn

It's depressing how bad it's gotten. Used to be my favorite city when I was a kid and now I dread having to go there for work.
I used to love going to San Fran in late 90s and before the 2008 financial crisis. It all went to shit afterwards. I don’t even go to conferences in SF anymore, it’s too depressing.

Esca

I was really hoping they would open one in the Orlando area. With the new epic universal Park with the super Mario Land opens next year and they could of used that to help promote the new site. The store would do very well here since we live of tourist and we have a good size geek culture with megacon being huge each year and has lots of gaming events in it.

Hero of Spielberg

Gold Member
My guess is that they are getting a MASSIVE discount to open this, in a desperate attempt to jump-start the market.

It's sad. I used to go to SF often and this was a beautiful and bustling part of the city.
It's actually one of the better parts of Downtown when I was there lat least year. I think they've stepped up police presence in Union Square so the businesses left don;t leave too.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
They should be forced to sell a physical copy of every crap 3rd party trash game they authorized for sale on the e-store, there would be no room to move.

Nintendo not knowing San Francisco in 2024 is a dump huh, they're gonna find out the hard way why so many businesses keep closing in SF

They should have opened the store in the Los Angeles area, there are plenty of non-dump places in LA which would have been happy to have them

Top Bottom