• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

so how about that LUCY movie starring scarlett johansson

Status
Not open for further replies.

pojut

Neo Member
this was such a stupid movie, the only cool thing was min-sik choi's character. and whats the name of the asian guy who shoots the rocket launcher

bounchfx

just saw it, I think I liked it, it was pretty strange overall. Very fun to watch, but didn't really make sense lol. The plot felt way too bland to fit the concepts and ideas thrown about. Still, brainless film despite the theme, heh heh. I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a neat action flick with cool effects and spacetime.

From the script:

lucy9mujy.jpg

To spoil myself or not to spoil.. Huh..

robotrock

Banned
This and Boyhood have now arrived at my local theater. I know which one I'm seeing tonight!
the beginning is LEON THE PROFFESIONAL
the middle is INCEPTION
the end is 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

Christopher

I can't wait to see it!

If someone believes we truly use 10% of our brain, then do some research? Hollywood is entertainment, not a classroom. To fault a movie on a forum where we love videogames, and superheroes movies...the logic fails.

The more I think back to the movie after I initially saw it, the more I like what I saw. It was a serious movie that also managed to not take itself too seriously, if that makes sense. It was a dumb, fun movie, and ScarJo displayed some terrific acting here.

Denton

Look, this is Besson, Arbogast and Serra, the holy trinity, making an actual non-comedy, non-child movie again after so many years.
I am going to go see this no matter what, I owe it to these three for the bliss they gave me with Leon and Fifth Element, for which I was too young to see at cinema (but have seen dozens of times since).

A co worker saw this last night. Said it really made her think about life, quantum physics heavy.

She laid in bed last night thinking about life, and where we are as a culture. Said she cant wait to talk to me about it Monday after I see it.

She said if you liked Inception, you will love this.

Ceebs

Yeah so went and saw this today. I am pretty sure I had a big stupid grin from the sheer batshit inanity going on in this movie. I have no clue if what I watched was good, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I saw mine on an XD screen at Cinemark, they are giving out free iPhone cases
BtWLT2LCQAAV__H.jpg
We finally answered the trailer. When Lucy learns to use 100% of her brain, she forces you to advertise for her.

anaron

Look, this is Besson, Arbogast and Serra, the holy trinity, making an actual non-comedy, non-child movie again after so many years.
I am going to go see this no matter what, I owe it to these three for the bliss they gave me with Leon and Fifth Element, for which I was too young to see at cinema (but have seen dozens of times since).

yup, MTE

Christopher

It was "OK" not as satisfying as I thought...much would have preferred her not being overpowered and maybe them chasing her and give her a chance to regain her life knowing what it could be instead of what it was....don't know what the fuck the last 3rd of the movie did

Just watched it. Thoroughly enjoyed it for its sillyness and seriousness which balanced itself out.

If you cannot enjoy this movie, you're using <10% of your brain :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Premise is really dumb, and I feel like it's using ScarJo to sell itself... but I kinda wanna know what happens at the end.

Decado

Boring and pretentious. Not nearly smart enough to be what it wants to be and since it never really tried to be a fun action flick, you don't even get that.

Only saving grace was that it is 90 min. We would have walked out of the theatre if it was longer.

only gonna read your link text. I don't really like the premise of the story (and I think Scarjo doesn't fit this role at all), but if they really go so stupidly crazy in this movie, it will be worth watching just for that.
I guess"ending is like 2001" just describes the point when she reaches 100% and is another expression for "trippy".

Maybe it would be best if they don't try to explain anything, it just doesn't make sense that she would get such powers no matter what they come up with.
Even Fry didn't get so powerful @100:
http://vimeo.com/25246686

Zaptruder

Banned
Not having watched the movie, I think the tagline is only justifiable if at 100% Scarjo goes into a seizure, her brain blows up and it turns into a psychic energy cloud and becomes ONE WITH EVERYTHING.

Not having watched the movie, I think the tagline is only justifiable if at 100% Scarjo goes into a seizure, her brain blows up and it turns into a psychic energy cloud and becomes ONE WITH EVERYTHING.

lets just say this movie goes into bizarre areas incredibly quickly. It gets weird in just the right way.

BearPawB

Banned
This movie was awful.

Ok, maybe that isn't fully true. But it was definitely dumb. One of the dumbest movies I have ever seen.

Made worse by the fact that it wanted to be so smart.

That being said, it made for an enjoyable time at the theater because I couldn't stop laughing.

Saw this with about 10 other people, everyone liked it LESS than I did. People wanted to walk out.

The beginning of this movie had my interest. The middle of the movie gave me a little hope for a decent ending. The ending was absolutely stupid.

This movie was so full of itself. The writers thought they were really clever and profound but I was just shaking my head.

I was hoping for a fun action movie with a crazy premise but all I received was a mess.

I think some people might like it but it was not for me.

A co worker saw this last night. Said it really made her think about life, quantum physics heavy.

She laid in bed last night thinking about life, and where we are as a culture. Said she cant wait to talk to me about it Monday after I see it.

She said if you liked Inception, you will love this.

You should ask her what else she thinks about other than the movie, er, in bed.

Saw it. And I quite liked it. The premise sounded really dumb in the trailers but they explained and executed it decently enough for me to suspend my disbelief.

big ander

Hopefully this ends up on amazons "watch while in theaters" thing. I want to watch it again!

It won't (in North America at least, which is where Im assuming you are). It's distributed by Universal and their movies usually take a traditional window to arrive on VOD services, i.e. around the same time as home video.

nynt9

Ending spoilers:
That's pretty much exactly what happens, but she also leaves behind a USB stick that is all the knowledge in the universe. Not even kidding, it's an actual flash drive.

Mesoian

Ha, the beginning really is Leon: The Professional, or at least as good as it.

Eh...

Not really.

I really liked the ending, the "2001 space odyssey" stuff was fun to watch. But man, this movie was bad, until it was dumb, and then it was dumb until it got DUMB, and then it was sort of boring.

It's a bad movie.

lmpaler

I saw this and Hercules today. I guess this would be rated R because of the blood, but that is kinda mild imo.

The movie itself was....okay. Entertaining to a point, but the whole end just kinda killed it and made it feel dull. Nonetheless it wasn't terrible.

I found Hercules the more entertaining of the two as I expected both to just be fun movies(although both had me roll my eyes at some of the dialog and cheese factor(in a good way)). Seriously the "I AM HERCULEEEEES" line should have been cut lol. I like The Rock and all, but that line was just terrible

Had this movie been 30-45 minutes longer I think it would have played out better, as mentioned in the reviews, the ending just kinda kills the whole thing

way more

Eh...

Not really.

I really liked the ending, the "2001 space odyssey" stuff was fun to watch. But man, this movie was bad, until it was dumb, and then it was dumb until it got DUMB, and then it was sort of boring.

It's a bad movie.

The beginning is tense, funny, and also brutal and violent. They really channeled the vibe there.

.GqueB.

Banned
Didn't much like this. No tension, overall no point. Things just happened until they stopped happening and then it ended. There was nothing to care about.

A couple of fun scenes but overall I felt like someone made a film about a high schooler's stoned ramble about what would make a great movie.

Mesoian

That vibe is what I thought the whole movie would be sadly

Yup. The moment you realize that she has a handle on this power is the moment that movie is essentially over, because of the rest of it is 100% inconsequential.

The movie is really only interesting from a narrative prospective for about 15 minutes.

Cormano

This movie was awful.

Ok, maybe that isn't fully true. But it was definitely dumb. One of the dumbest movies I have ever seen.

Made worse by the fact that it wanted to be so smart.

That being said, it made for an enjoyable time at the theater because I couldn't stop laughing.

Saw this with about 10 other people, everyone liked it LESS than I did. People wanted to walk out.

I agree with you, the first 25 mins were great and then it went downhill from there.

Yup. The moment you realize that she has a handle on this power is the moment that movie is essentially over, because of the rest of it is 100% inconsequential.

The movie is really only interesting from a narrative prospective for about 15 minutes.

Yea, I really don't understand why they didn't focus on that more in the movie. They turned her into a god so quickly the tension just evaporated.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Ending spoilers:
That's pretty much exactly what happens, but she also leaves behind a USB stick that is all the knowledge in the universe. Not even kidding, it's an actual flash drive.

Did they miss a chance to
slap a brand on the thumbdrive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom