• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Pachael

New idol game HYPE!

iDOLM@STER Million Live Theater Days is almost released.

iOS: http://appsto.re/jp/edX0jb.i
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps...ainamcoent.imas_millionlive_theaterdays&pli=1

The servers are not up yet. Soon.

It's up~ And it's already looking to be a straight up mix of Platinum Stars (PS4 w/ 765 crew) with the ML cast, Starlight Stage mechanics and UI/gacha, and of course, Bamco money - when the skits have 3D models, it looks really good. Of course, the on a high res screen the low-res videos in the homepage and in the first song looked pretty bad.

I haven't played it, waiting for it on ios, but I've seen a few "leaked" vids and screens and the quality looks better than I was expecting. The lack of details/updates on their site and fact their official youtube channel has the songs muted didn't inspire a lot of hope.

I'm a huge Macross fan as well, especially 7, which looking on the reddit now a days seems to be the black sheep. But when I was 11 Fire Bomber was (is) my Beatles.

I'm looking forward to it now. I've been playing BanG Dream recently to scratch that rhythm game itch, just got my first 4*, woo. Seeing some gameplay and that there are "only" four lanes bolsters me a little. BanDori has 7 and I can only do one or two songs on extreme.

All these Macross ladies and here I am just hoping to draw Basara. BOMBAAAA!

I continue to play Project Tokyo Dolls and it continues to be addicting. I went from hating guns at first to now they are my favorite. Reina4Life. (though I'm warming up to Yuki).

Looking forward to play all that - the best thing about gacha is the competition and its 'throwawayness'. Million Live looks to build off Starlight Stage while its developer (Cygames) will come our with racing horse idols next month, AM2's Soul Reverse Zero is okay-ish (get Kancolle over~) but graphically is a step above Hortensia Saga, while f4samurai work to get Magia Record off, Iwakami/Aniplex's hoping for another F/GO hit.

The second best thing about gacha is their throwaway nature. Like it? Yes, carry on and I'll drop a few dollars. Don't like it? See ya game~

EDIT: I found the option for graphics settings outside Lives, the theatre and prep room look better now :)

Sölf

Has anyone here played the Yu-Gi-Oh! Gacha? I am still looking for something a friend of mine and me can use to play Yu-Gi-Oh! online (which has proven to be rather difficult after the various pages have been closed). While this is a Gacha and it will take ages to build a somewhat good deck, it at least looks fun enough to work after buying a few decks.

MiTYH

Sölf;242179491 said:
Has anyone here played the Yu-Gi-Oh! Gacha? I am still looking for something a friend of mine and me can use to play Yu-Gi-Oh! online (which has proven to be rather difficult after the various pages have been closed). While this is a Gacha and it will take ages to build a somewhat good deck, it at least looks fun enough to work after buying a few decks.

Talking about this one, right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1337164

Decent community, bigger on reddit (/r/DuelLinks). Definitely worth a look, I enjoy it a bunch as a casual player and F2P

Sölf

agI7vBT.jpg

Finally. Just look at this beauty. <3

Next up is Frey. Will probably take a bit, but shouldn't take too long.

Dandte

Sölf;242233287 said:
Finally. Just look at this beauty. <3

Next up is Frey. Will probably take a bit, but shouldn't take too long.

maybe i should have started when it launched...

@kitty....dang.

Sölf

Okay, that was much faster than I thought:

Didn't know I could buy the 100 fragment pack twice per month. Also forgot the Tower of Challenge resets, which gave me even more fragments. With that, I can now auto farm most of chapter 5 hard. Now I need money to upgrade all the equipment these two need, ugh. D:

MiTYH

Sölf;242432805 said:
Okay, that was much faster than I thought:

Didn't know I could buy the 100 fragment pack twice per month. Also forgot the Tower of Challenge resets, which gave me even more fragments. With that, I can now auto farm most of chapter 5 hard. Now I need money to upgrade all the equipment these two need, ugh. D:

Which game is this?

Malyse

So, the Sakura event in Project Tokyo Dolls ended quickly. I would have focused on it if I'd known how little time it would last.

tatsuki

I just started playing Tokyo Dolls and was wondering if this is a good place to start?
I picked Shirori as my free ssr ticket.
This was my first 11 pull.
I heard the card rates were pretty bad from other people so I was surprised to get 3 ssr cards.
I guess my only concern would be that I have no decent green gem cards to counter blue enemies with. Also, the Yuki ssr uses the hammer weapon which I feel might be a bit useless overall? It's good to build up your break meter but the damage seems really poor.

Bonus pic. I found cat ear accessories in the shopping cart/ticket exchange menu earlier. These are the blue accessory ticket exchange ones. I think the black ver costs real money though.

I just started playing Tokyo Dolls and was wondering if this is a good place to start?
I picked Shirori as my free ssr ticket.

This was my first 11 pull.

I heard the card rates were pretty bad from other people so I was surprised to get 3 ssr cards.
I guess my only concern would be that I have no decent green gem cards to counter blue enemies with. Also, the Yuki ssr uses the hammer weapon which I feel might be a bit useless overall? It's good to build up your break meter but the damage seems really poor.

Bonus pic. I found cat ear accessories in the shopping cart/ticket exchange menu earlier. These are the blue accessory ticket exchange ones. I think the black ver costs real money though.

ssr rate is quite high actually at 9%, but when ur exist with 1% rate ppl will focus on that one when talking about gacha rate

Rixa

so people is saying ff a new empire is a ponzi scam , this game sems shady as fuck.

Prolly not a scam, just reskin Mobile Strike...

Polygon said:
The game's a massively multiplayer online game for iOS and Android, created in collaboration with mobile developer Machine Zone. The studio's previous work includes other MMOs for phones, like the strategic army-building game Mobile Strike.

Polygon | Final Fantasy 15 A New Empire iOS Android impressions it sucks

Quonny

I played New Empire. It is complete dog shit. The third tutorial upgrade has a 4 minute timer that you cannot skip. Usually these games let you "pay" to skip the tutorial upgrade wait timers by giving you the free currency and forcing you to skip, but this one makes you wait or pay for real. In the tutorial.

The production values suck, the writing sucks, the gameplay sucks. It's awful.

Stumbled into this taiwanese gatcha game with absolutely gorgeous music and visuals. It's puzzle based, with the amount of blocks you select dictating what attacks each character does. It's in open beta right now and has english support, though the translation itself is really rough atm. Not that it matters because the game is gorgeous.

Here's a video of steparu playing it I saw this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ArQbgmV38A

I got it working on Memu but it's getting to the point where I'm juggling four gatchas + granblue and I'll be needing to drop one real soon.

Sölf

I got it working on Memu but it's getting to the point where I'm juggling four gatchas + granblue and I'll be needing to drop one real soon.

I currently have 5, and I started a few more but dropped them pretty fast. I am basically doing nothing else beside Gachaing now.

Is this hell?

Shirke

Stumbled into this korean gatcha game with absolutely gorgeous music and visuals. It's puzzle based, with the amount of blocks you select dictating what attacks each character does. It's in open beta right now and has english support, though the translation itself is really rough atm. Not that it matters because the game is gorgeous.

It's by Rayark, which is actually based in Taiwan. They did great work with rhythm games Cytus, Deemo and Voez, and are starting to branch out with Implosion and now this. Will try when it's released.

yuuki

Stumbled into this korean gatcha game with absolutely gorgeous music and visuals. It's puzzle based, with the amount of blocks you select dictating what attacks each character does. It's in open beta right now and has english support, though the translation itself is really rough atm. Not that it matters because the game is gorgeous.

it got released ?! that i can see that day....

Sölf;242586441 said:
I currently have 5, and I started a few more but dropped them pretty fast. I am basically doing nothing else beside Gachaing now.

Is this hell?

yes. yes it is. i have a ton of games i want to play but every day the gatcha pull is too strong.

It's by Rayark, which is actually based in Taiwan. They did great work with rhythm games Cytus, Deemo and Voez, and are starting to branch out with Implosion and now this. Will try when it's released.

my bad! i'll correct my post asap.

MiTYH

Gonna be a busy few days for all these games.

OPTC has new content coming today/tomorrow, plus a sugofest that I'll be pulling on

Dokkan has SSJ4 units, finally, on Friday, and the events that go with them. Going to be intense

YGO has the Bakura event which I've only dabbled in, but need to do more on

FireEmblem got an update today

MarvelPuzzleQuest has a spiderman event this friday

Plus Fate Grand Order is new and taking my time! FFRK is the easiest with just farming orbs though, thankfully.

I don't have time for all these!

urgh Tokyo dolls is now 2gb size after that random update. my phone internal is almost max now, and I don't want to reformat my sd into internal D:

Z3M0G

After playing King's Raid for a week, I must say... maybe the best mobile game I have come across, definitely in this genre. The story is actually INTERESTING. The Characters are actually LIKABLE, and are more than just pretty to look at. I can definitely see the potential for strategy with the character abilities, for both PVP and PVE. Visuals and music are top notch.

This is as AAA as you can get for a mobile game... that's for sure.

Not Gacha games I believe, but I'm blown away by Titanfall and South Park as well... both of those games exist in the same genre, I would say. But both are unique in themselves.

Sölf

After playing King's Raid for a week, I must say... maybe the best mobile game I have come across, definitely in this genre. The story is actually INTERESTING. The Characters are actually LIKABLE, and are more than just pretty to look at. I can definitely see the potential for strategy with the character abilities, for both PVP and PVE. Visuals and music are top notch.

This is as AAA as you can get for a mobile game... that's for sure.

Not Gacha games I believe, but I'm blown away by Titanfall and South Park as well... both of those games exist in the same genre, I would say. But both are unique in themselves.

Do you have a guild? I did open one and am alone in King's Raid. It's called "Emdes", you can just join. Even if only for 3% more EXP und Gold (and soon even more gold). Maybe we could turn that into a GAF guild of more people are playing...?

Sölf

Want to get into King's Raid, but it keeps crashing on me. Ah well.

A friend of mine has the same problem on Nox. Also, the game crashed when I tried to paly it on a german device, that simply doesn't work (as it tries to download german files which don't exist yet). Once I changed the emulator to english it worked.

Dandte

Finally had time to download king's raid....it's already on version 2.29? Dang, why didn't i play it in the past? something must have thrown me off, but what i saw so far looks good...guess i will try it out.

I hate joining a game late haha.

Next big game (that we will see a global version off) will be the tales game right?

Sölf

I am just posting again, I did open a guild called "Emdes" in King's Raid and people can just join there. So, if you want something, even if it is still pretty much a new guild since I am alone, you could all join.

Maybe I should add "GAF" in the description... xD

yuuki

Sölf;242669814 said:
I am just posting again, I did open a guild called "Emdes" in King's Raid and people can just join there. So, if you want something, even if it is still pretty much a new guild since I am alone, you could all join.

Maybe I should add "GAF" in the description... xD

full already?

Sölf

full already?

The guild is empty besides me at the moment. If you aren't part of a guild you should just be able to join mine, as it is open for anybody. Unless I made some mistakes, but I don't think so.

Edit:
Yep, it's free to join, you don't need approval and your team level only has to be 1 (which is your starting level). There shouldn't be any problems. It's called "Emdes".

Edit 2:
I am talking about the guild, not the friendlist btw. In order to join a guild you have to visit the "Guild" building in the town of Orvel. My friendlist is full, but I will make some room tomorrow.

I've got King's Raid on my phone and I tinker with it occasionally but I can't quite get hooked on it like I am on other gatchas. Maybe it's because I only just unlocked friendlists and daily missions.

I'm getting close to 6k rubies though. Looking at the roster of recruitables I think I might want to snag some big ol DPS unit to blaze through the story.

Dandte

Sölf;242712252 said:
Oh, yeah, server. I am on Asia because I did not realize you could choose. Also, there are no EU servers so far.

And here i am, started on the us server..gues i will have to everything again haha.

RexRexRez

Neo Member
Gonna be a busy few days for all these games.

OPTC has new content coming today/tomorrow, plus a sugofest that I'll be pulling on

Dokkan has SSJ4 units, finally, on Friday, and the events that go with them. Going to be intense

YGO has the Bakura event which I've only dabbled in, but need to do more on

FireEmblem got an update today

MarvelPuzzleQuest has a spiderman event this friday

Plus Fate Grand Order is new and taking my time! FFRK is the easiest with just farming orbs though, thankfully.

I don't have time for all these!

Add Granblue Fantasy in there to complete your gacha life

Rixa

Kings Raid is not available in my country google play. Oh well apk, I found 2.28.0 version no mention of 2.29.0. Lets download this.

Edit: Yup I need 2.29.0 update. Anyone have link to that apk?

Top Bottom