• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

This thread was created so that other threads remain spoiler free.

ITS OUT!

Here we go (spoilers start after image)

asd101.jpg

Starting Character Stats:

Screen_Shot_2015_03_14_at_13_49_06.jpg

Taken from - http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Classes

Notes from the person on reddit who I think was a journalist. Posts are now deleted but many people have copied the text:

Completion time -
45 hours

Number of Weapons found (not all) -
14 trick weapons, 12 off-hand weapons/items. "Trick weapons each feel unique and of its own"

Number of Attire found (not all) -
19 full sets, with some being light armour sets. Unique pieces as well that either do not have a set or set has not been found

Is there magic? -
"In terms of magic, there are a few items that I have found that can be used like magic".....not sure :p

Day and Night cycle? -
No, depends on story

Overall thoughts: Overall I think this game is a masterpiece and even after finishing it once I feel like I have only began to scratch the surface

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what the fuck am I doing in this thread?

Anyway, you don't actually "earn" statpoints by choosing Waste of Skin - but it seems to be the best class if you want to spend as many manual points on your character as possible.

sock it to me. i don't have a ps4 yet but spoilers will definitely put me over the hump if it sounds as good as dark souls. mostly i'm interested in pvp since that's what makes the games endlessly fun for me. what do we know about how pvp works differently than souls?

also is there any hint of an agility stat attached to any of those stat categories? does weight still affect your rolls?

also wtf can't you post spoiler tag related things in the OT if you use the tag? then no one who is being spoiled didn't ask for it. why isn't this thread just a free for all? makes no sense.

what the fuck am I doing in this thread?

Anyway, you don't actually "earn" statpoints by choosing Waste of Skin - but it seems to be the best class if you want to spend as many manual points on your character as possible.

Its okay. Just read about the mechanics and stats stuff. Thats what I'm doing. Anything lore,character, boss. location related is not going to be read by me.

Not necessarily. For instance for a STR build I think Violent Past is best.

TomShoe

Banned
14 weapons
? Nice. I was worried we wouldn't have as much diversity when that one guy said
6 in 40 hours
. Glad to see that's not the case.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also trick weapons refer to the transforming stuff. So even though the Kirk Hammer has the move set of 2 weapons (longsword + heavy hammer) its still counted as one. The Scythe seems to have the move set of a curved sword + great scythe etc etc.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I wonder what a 2 handed sword's transformation is. My best guess would be the blade extends / expands from a 1 hander.

cerulily

45 hours
! That will take me a month given I've never played a souls title!

Ah, ok

My genuine advice is that, if you get stuck on a boss or something for a long time. Just go do something else in game (start a new area or explore an old one more thoroughly) then come back. Usually you've leveled up a bit, you've done something productive, and can approach it with a cool head.

Regarding bonfire frequency, or what they are called in Bloodborne, Lanterns:

"they are not like bonfires.....they are more widely scattered...think of archstones in Demons Souls

Hey Mantis, are your spoilers all from one source/person or are they a compilation?

One person. Looks to be a reviewer who was on reddit answering numerous posts. All the posts are deleted now but we have printscreen on our side ;) He was considerate and did not spoil anything notable.

jmaine_ph

To think it to him
45 hours
and he feels like he hasn't scratched the service is incredible to me. I'm not a souls fan so this will all be a new experience for me.

Derpyduck

Banned
Are there messages around from other players like in the Souls games? And also player ghosts? I noticed my pre-order got me a hat for my messenger, which made me think that perhaps the messages aren't being handled like past games.

Can anyone explain what all those settings relate to?

TomShoe

Banned
Ugh, Bloodborne is going to keep me busy for a long while.

Considering I just started Dragon Age, this does not bode well for my backlog.

Oxn

Can someone explain to me what each of the stats do, so I can know what calss to pick? For example Vitality is more HP correct?

Regarding bonfire frequency, or what they are called in Bloodborne, Lanterns:

"they are not like bonfires.....they are more widely scattered...think of archstones in Demons Souls

More shortcuts in levels i bet!

Are there messages around from other players like in the Souls games? And also player ghosts? I noticed my pre-order got me a hat for my messenger, which made me think that perhaps the messages aren't being handled like past games.

Can anyone explain what all those settings relate to?

In the IGN gameplay video you get a notepad at the start of the game to drop messages and in the alpha i saw plenty of messages.

Looking at the stats, I'm probably taking the violent past background for my first character.
For starting weapons, I'm still not sure which ones I'll choose.

viveks86

My genuine advice is that, if you get stuck on a boss or something for a long time. Just go do something else in game (start a new area or explore an old one more thoroughly) then come back. Usually you've leveled up a bit, you've done something productive, and can approach it with a cool head.

Thanks! Useful advise!

hew9753

If anyone knows or finds out, I'd love to get an idea of how many unique areas there are in the game, i.e.
Central Yharnam, Hemwick Cemetary, etc.

Not even names or descriptions, just a general estimate.

Can someone explain to me what each of the stats do, so I can know what calss to pick? For example Vitality is more HP correct?
From the wiki:
Vitality = HP
Endurance = Stamina
STR = self explanatory
Skill = DEX
Bloodtinge = Blood weapon damage
Arcane = Fire and lightning weapon damage, it seems?

Finalow

milquetoast, waste of skin. lol

I wonder if we have to thank the localization team (Frognation again?) or the devs for these names.

Guys i implore you, dont check out too much about the game before release. Try to preserve that first playthrough feel. Its sounding like we got another masterpiece on our hands and i want us all to get that feel.

ibaeheh0twsjwdzxjx6.gif

hew9753

Blood Echoes are like souls, right? So each Origin starts with a set amount that can be turned in to level up right from the start?

If anyone knows or finds out, I'd love to get an idea of how many unique areas there are in the game, i.e.
Central Yharnam, Hemwick Cemetary, etc.

Not even names or descriptions, just a general estimate.

The reviewer on reddit said there were
11 districts, where for example Undead Burg and Lower Undead Burg would count as one district.

Afrodium

Banned
Looking at the Waste of Skin stats, is there going to be a similar problem to DS2 where the Deprived/Waste of Skin Class isn't the best for min/maxing certain builds? Right away I can see that it's got one more STR point than some other builds, so it may not be the best for someone planning on focusing their build on Skill.

Top Bottom