• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you think you could beat-up yourself from five years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Often people ask if you could have sex with yourself would you, but since we're talking about fighting, if it were to be a clone, it'd be too close to call. So I added the stipulation of you from five years ago. Maybe you were in worse or better shape half a decade ago?

I would probably kick my ass. I'm in the best shape I've been in my whole life. How would you guys fair? Also no drunk thread, or high thread, I'm straight edge. I was thinking about this on the toilet earlier and wanted to get some thoughts on this.

Rules:
  • No interference
  • No weapons
  • Can fight dirty
  • allowed to kill with no time distortions
  • you're not allowed use spoilers

isitstill

Five years ago, I was fed up with a job that I had been in for 14 years. It was a pretty bad situation, and I was angry (tons of aggression to take out on someone). I'm 36 now, and have also gotten four herniated discs and a shoulder injury since 2010.

2010 me would destroy 2015 me.

Haha this question rules.

I was working out evrey day with a body builder 5 years ago. I would fucking eviscerate my current self.

No way. I could do rope climbs without using my legs and was doing tumbling. I'm like 100 pounds heavier now. Working on it, but yea I'd get thrashed.

Younger me got better sleep and worked out a bit, though younger me still wasn't particularly buff. Older me spends too much time on the internets and not enough time living healthy. Older me also has some aches and pains that younger me didn't have, though perhaps that would help older me ignore some of the punishment that younger me could dish out.

I suppose if it came to it and older me got into a fight with younger me, I could say with great confidence that my head would explode once it realized that younger me and older me were in the same place. The fight would be a draw.

_Ryo_

Past me would destroy present me. Past me had ambitions and hope for the future, as well as better health.

Couleurs

Probably not, since I was in better shape 5 years ago. I would kick the shit out of myself from 20 years ago though.

MIMIC

Banned
Also no drunk thread, or high thread, I'm straight edge. I was thinking about this on the toilet earlier....

So shit thread? I kid =p

I'm 29 now, so could I beat up my 24-year-old self? Maybe. I'm maybe 4 or 5 lbs heavier and I've done 2 rounds of P90X since then so I'm probably a bit stronger.

Hmmm. If the question was anything sooner than 5 years I'd say yes. I'm in much better shape now than I have been in the last four years.

But five years ago - specifically - I was in pretty good shape. in 2010 I got into a workout-kick. I probably still could beat myself up, but it would be the hardest fight of the past 5 years of variations of me.

gaiages

Banned
My past self would probably be too lazy to try.

And my present self would be too lazy to take advantage of that.

So nope, I'm too lazy to even punch myself in the face.

My 15 year old self who only did isolation exercises would stand no chance against my current self that does both compound and isolation exercises.

I ain't even in my prime.

Xe4

Banned
Almost assuredly. Five years ago I was 13, and since then I've had multiple years of martial arts training since then. Five years ago me wouldn't stand a chance.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
10 years ago, yes. 8 years ago, yes. 6 years ago, yes. 5 years ago, no, 3 years ago, yes. last year, yes.

Wedge7

I honestly think it would be pretty damn close. Not a huge difference either way. Talk to me in another year or 2, and I'd like to think my future self will be at its peak.

Moppet13

18 year old me would crush current me. However 22 year old me would crush 18 year old me.

Edit: however I could ruin 18 year old me and my whole view of the future. "You drop out of college and deliver pizzas for a living in the future!"

Physically? Hell no. My old self would tear me a new one.

I could absolutely destroy him/me/it on a psychological level though.

So beware, former me. I'm on to your shit.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I was gonna say that I was 15, pretty inactive, overweight, and really low self esteem which would be an easy win...but that was SIX years ago.

FIVE years ago, I was already nutting up and going through some Batman Begins level of change, getting more active and more rebellious, so I'd say younger me would put up a fight.

My upper hand though would be the fact that I no longer have excessively long and blinding hair.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think I'm in slightly better shape now.. And I know my spirit is tougher now. 5 years ago my morale was low from unemployment and Final Fantasy XIII so I know I could crush me.

Bloomers

Overall, I'd estimate that I am around the same place health-wise now as I was back in 2010 (lost it then regained it). However, I'd give the edge to current me because the slight physical strength advantage of old me as been replaced by stamina and intelligence advantage in 2015 me.

This is so meta

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I was in better shape 5 years ago. Also actively training in MA.

So I'd probably have to hit myself with a loose brick or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom