• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think the chances are for an F zero game for the Wii U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets do this by percent out of 100%

mines 40%, i think nintendo is thinking about it, with mario kart 8 dlc, but idk, maybe they are just trying to get people to say "hey we dont need f zero, we got mario kart" so im not sure that they are ready yet for an f zero

Eff... zero.
Laughing-then-stops-laugh-GIF.gif

liquidtmd

Banned
An F-Zero game will hit Wii U
a mini game in another game involving Captain Falcon collecting coins or something

Nightbird

Didn't Miyamoto answered that in a Smosh Video?

I thought he was saying something like "we need a Controler that fits first"

Didn't Miyamoto answered that in a Smosh Video?

I thought he was saying something like "we need a Controler that fits first"

They've had two controllers that fit. Wii Remote and Gamepad can be used as a wheel.

I think they may be waiting to see how well FAST Racing Neo does before making a move.

spekkeh

Banned
F-Zilch. Mario Kart completely subsumed F-Zero. To the point it would make no sense to release the same game with less gameplay features.

I can see them leading with an F-Zero on the next console though, with MK being released later down the line.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Very slim, but I think we will get a new F-Zero game in the near future. Probably on their next console.

Colombo

I think a future F-Zero game will happen but I think it's unlikely on Wii U, maybe the next Nintendo console as a launch title.

Suzzopher

why not just release an f zero game to take more money from the f zero crowd instead of just teasing them with awesome mario kart 8 maps?

In Nintendo logic giving players F-Zero themed courses is giving the players F-Zero. They can't afford to make an F-Zero, certainly not when they have MK8. It's sad but we just have to face the fact that we are not going to see F-Zero for a long time.

Very slim, Nintendo is probably going to make Mario Kart 8 the flagship racing title for the Wii U so they probably don't want a F Zero game clashing that.

Maybe their next console could have it but I ain't holding my breath on it.

What Shigsy says about the controls is kinda true. I don't expect another PilotWings game for a while for the same reason, because after flying around in stereoscopic 3D in Resort where can that series go without new hardware?

Peru

It's the kind of game that might show up for a console launch - pretty graphics and less difficult to conceptualize in time for a launch . I hope.

Rosur

I really hope one is announced at E3 as Zelda is delayed.

Though thinking more likely announced next year as a launch game for NX.

Frodo

Eff... zero.

Ha! :p

I though Mario Kart 200cc was the way Nintendo found to subtly say they are not giving you a F-Zero any time soon? We don't even have a Metroid on the Wii U. F-Zero is mostly unlikely. If the next Nintendo console/handheld has some awesome sales they might attempt to make a revival, best case scenario, but for the Wii U and its minuscule userbase... I seriously doubt it. Although it IS Nintendo, and making no sense could be a good excuse for them to do it anyway.

LewieP

I'd love a new F-Zero, but even a new ExciteTruck would be great.

I don't think either will be happening any time soon.

Red Hood

Banned
I'd like to be positive, but I think F-Zero is dead. I think Mario Kart 8 borrows a lot of the anti-gravity/awesome loops things F-Zero has, and by implementing that in Mario Kart 8, for me it was a sigh we won't be getting a mainline console F-Zero for a long time.

I'll be happy to eat crows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom