• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe Mortal Kombat X Review.

You mean impossible.
One would think that if I hate something, I would ignore it, but apparently that's impossible for some.

The best ones are the passive aggressive questions like 'why's this guy so popular, can someone explain?' that comes up in every single thread lol.

Don't like the guy, don't come into the thread and derail the discussion.

Nephtis

Well, it`s hard to make a new thread about Angry Joe without attracting a few haters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely with him on this review, and a lot of his other reviews. He was just too high strung in them. He seems much more mellowed out though.

impact

Banned
Well when easy Fatalities have been free in previous entries...yeah it's kinda stupid they're charging for it as well.

Well when you can't input five buttons and have to pay money so that it's only one button, you deserve all bad things that happen to you.

Well when you can't input five buttons and have to pay money so that it's only one button, you deserve all bad things that happen to you.

This is like, victim blaming. 'Well it's your fault for not knowing all the fatalities for every character!'

Like being charged for something that was a cheat in previous games? Lol, corporate apologists take their mental gymnastics to olympic levels.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
This is like, victim blaming. 'Well it's your fault for not knowing all the fatalities for every character!'

If the free option wasn't there, then those people you speak of would never be ale to do a fatality. I lump them in with the people that pay $5 so their character is purple.

I dont think you could use cheats to use fatalities in MK9 online, could be wrong though.

If the free option wasn't there, then those people you speak of would never be ale to do a fatality. I lump them in with the people that pay $5 so their character is purple.

I main and only play kenshi because his fatality is back forward back back

....or is it forward back forward forward....I AIN'T GOT TIME TO MEMORIZE FATALITIES OK, BUT I WANNA LOOK COOL IN MULTIPLAYER

Believe it or not, this is one of the lesser grating videos of his. There's others where he's all high pitched and annoying as fuck. Makes this seem super pleasant in comparison.

OK i must admit, this is only the 2nd video of his i have watched and i honestly couldnt get through it. I didnt find it funny at all, and i had to keep adjusting the volume on my work laptop as he kept shouting for no reason. Also, i didnt think the skits with ermac were funny and i didnt think the jokes were that great. I turned off after about 15 mins in as it really wasnt my thing.

stephen08

The complaints about Goro and easy fatalities are fine but I am pretty sure the nerfed koin earning one in an effort to push the Krypt unlock has been proven to be false.

EDIT: Ugh, the complaints about story mode are so ridiculous. Yes, it is has less total fights but the story itself and the presentation are leagues above it. Would jamming in a couple fights like where Johnny Cage mouths off and Jax fights him really improve the package? It was filler then, it is filler now. The biggest criticism I have of it is the same as the rest of NRS' games where you don't get to play through a chapter for each character. That being said, I think that could be for the best as it keeps the story well paced. A separate story focusing on villains would be the best solution but means a whole lot more work.

Memory

Well when easy Fatalities have been free in previous entries...yeah it's kinda stupid they're charging for it as well.

This is the first MK with easy fatalities, also they are so easy to do anyway this time around I don't see why anyone would buy them. Also the Krypt has always been a meta game, some people complained about having secrets locked away in this meta game so the response was to offer a paid way to unlock everything.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I main and only play kenshi because his fatality is back forward back back

....or is it forward back forward forward....I AIN'T GOT TIME TO MEMORIZE FATALITIES OK, BUT I WANNA LOOK COOL IN MULTIPLAYER

Use Scorpion, just down back forward up/Y

DryvBy

Why are you playing a fighting game if you can't input commands that are a about 3-4 directional inputs with sometimes a single button press? Do people that pay for fatalities need to pay for special moves as well? Because if not, then why pay for fatalities? There's nothing complicated about any one of the fatalities in MKX. They even let you pin the move set to the screen while you play.

Carcetti

I was pretty annoyed when I heard about the easy fatalities thing. Then couple of friends of mine who played it said that normal fatalities are ridiculously easy to do even if you're terrible at fighting games and you can check the move list from menu even while waiting to do the fatality. Saving my outrage for some Batman season passes, I think.

This is the first MK with easy fatalities, also they are so easy to do anyway this time around I don't see why anyone would buy them. Also the Krypt has always been a meta game, some people complained about having secrets locked away in this meta game so the response was to offer a paid way to unlock everything.

Easy fatalities have been in since atleast the PS1 versions. You have to activate a cheat code, but it's fun to use when you're just shooting the shit with someone.

You can see inputs for every move when you press start.

Yeah, in online it's annoying though.

Why are you playing a fighting game if you can't input commands that are a about 3-4 directional inputs with sometimes a single button press? Do people that pay for fatalities need to pay for special moves as well? Because if not, then why pay for fatalities? There's nothing complicated about any one of the fatalities in MKX. They even let you pin the move set to the screen while you play.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a pro MK player, but aside from a few fighters(Kenshis whirling blade Fatality and Subzeros close fatality), but I'd like the option to perform an easy fatality without paying.

Wagram

Good review in my opinion. I found the sketches humorous and I pretty much called the
from a mile away. Pretty sure my standards are about on par with his in terms of scoring.

Vormund

You could always print out a move list from somewhere if it is too hard to remember.

You also can earn some easy fatality tokens while playing. Personally, I'm more interested in going for Brutalities myself.

You could always print out a move list from somewhere if it is too hard to remember.

You also can earn some easy fatality tokens while playing. Personally, I'm more interested in going for Brutalities myself.

Yeah, I like pulling off Sub Zeros brutality because it's easy(Freeze Ball+Enchanced Freeze ball.) Crazy that Jax can just instakill someone with his slam move though.

I honestly dont like Joe's videos. But this was decent to watch......outside the long "comedy" sketches, but ill let it slide since it looked like he had fun makin them.

Lain

Pretty good review. He brings up a lot of good points for both the positive and negative aspects of the game.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's impossible for Angry Joe, apparently. You don't like games with DLC and microtransactions. I get it. Moveon.org

Angry Joe isn't against DLC. He just doesn't like bad DLC practices. Practices like locking a complete and ready to play on day one character out of the game as a preorder incentive, and then charging $5 for people who didn't preorder.

The game is $60 and comes with 24 characters by default. Ignoring everything else included in the base game, if you divide $60 by 24, that's only $2.5 per character. But Goro is (and all subsequent Kombat pass characters are) $5.

What kind of sense does that make?

I find the easy fatalities pointless. I like playing random with my friend online and when I win with a character I don't know anything about I literally have why more than enough time to push start, scroll to finishing moves, read the inputs and do it all within the "Finish Him/Her" time period.

Top Bottom