• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dutch retailer lists Tales of Zestiria for PS4 (also bestbuy.com)

Dutch retailer Nedgame has listed Tales of Zestiria for PlayStation 4 in addition to the already announced PlayStation 3 version.

While not announced, the game has been speculated to receive a PlayStation 4 port due to the timing of its release, as well as a PC version via Steam.

Nedgame ties a September 25 date to the title. Bandai Namco previously confirmed a fall release for PlayStation 3. Fall begins on September 23. Since games release on Fridays in Europe, this would be the first possible release date for the game.

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/dutch-retailer-lists-tales-zestiria-ps4

It seems like a forgone conclusion at this point. Sure, the latest English trailer listed PS3 only, but that's likely because they want to announce the PS4 version formally. Maybe Japan Expo?

L~A

It seems like a forgone conclusion at this point. Sure, the latest English trailer listed PS3 only, but that's likely because they want to announce the PS4 version formally. Maybe Japan Expo?

Tales of Festival in June seems more likely. Maybe separate announcement for the West at the Japan Expo, yeah.

Weiss

Banned
People are moving onto new consoles much quicker than last gen. It's a good idea to start pushing next gen games without abandoning the established userbase, especially since the PS4 and Xbone lack backwards compatibility.

Great news if confirmed! If the ps3 version comes out first I'll end up getting both as the tales series is my favorite game series. Now release some info on a CE! :3

Great news if confirmed! If the ps3 version comes out first I'll end up getting both as the tales series is my favorite game series. Now release some info on a CE! :3

I'd expect it to be a simultaneous release. Zestiria was originally supposed to release within six months of its Japanese release, but now it's a fall release. That's likely down to the porting time as well as the Japanese release of the game.

I'd expect it to be a simultaneous release. Zestiria was originally supposed to release within six months of its Japanese release, but now it's a fall release. That's likely down to the porting time as well as the Japanese release of the game.

Yeah hopefully that's the case. I'd get both if the ps3 came out earlier but I know many people either sold off their ps3's or just don't want to bother with them so the best way to garner sales is to release both simultaneously or possibly risk losing sales/interest if a ps4 release is later.

Rpgmonkey

PS4 will probably just come with all the DLC. If it has exclusive extras I'm gonna be pissed.

This is Namco, you're gonna have to buy that DLC, maybe people who already bought it will even have to buy it again lol. I think Graces PS3 didn't include any DLC that was paid and readily available in the Wii version. Maybe the extra story episode will be included though.

Not sure about extra content. They still seem to be bringing over the PS3 version so unless they put it in there as well I'm not sure they'd create too big of a content gap.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That's better. I was about to shake Baba and Namco Bandai for being so damn thick headed

BriGuy

Refresh my memory - is this the same game all of Japan returned/set on fire because they replaced spunky anime girl #985643 with spunky anime girl #985644?

On a side note I do hope the the "Big announcement" that namco promised is more then this (if its confirmed) as this was pretty obvious to happen.

Tales of hasn't been swept up in the remaster thing thats going on maybe they'll announce a remaster of phantasia or eternia

Could be an announcement of a new game of course too.

or a western PS4 port of Tales of Vesperia! a girl can dream T_T

Espada

This has to be true, because releasing it only on PS3 in NA at this point is sending the game to die. Not that Bamco hasn't done that in the past with Tales titles, but it'd be especially stupid considering how quickly people have adopted the new consoles.

I'm not expecting much from the PS4 version beyond a higher resolution.

Cornbread78

or a western PS4 port of Tales of Vesperia! a girl can dream T_T

This is the only proper course of action. I'm really surprised it hasn't happened yet since it has been admitted that there is no contractual reason why they cannot release it in NA on Sony systems.

This is the only proper course of action. I'm really surprised it hasn't happened yet since it has been admitted that there is no contractual reason why they cannot release it in NA on Sony systems.

It definitely would bring a lot of hype and sales as many western fans have been dying for the ps3 version forever and with this game being the FF7 of the tales series I can see it growing the tales PS4 base quite substantially in preparation for when Namco decides to release the PS4 exclusive tales game they said they are starting on.

there's also the fact that the next proper new tales will be years away and Vesperia on PS4 would be a quick, cheap alternative until the new one is ready

This is Namco, you're gonna have to buy that DLC, maybe people who already bought it will even have to buy it again lol. I think Graces PS3 didn't include any DLC that was paid and readily available in the Wii version. Maybe the extra story episode will be included though.

Not sure about extra content. They still seem to be bringing over the PS3 version so unless they put it in there as well I'm not sure they'd create too big of a content gap.

I imagine they'll at least make the DLC cross-buy across both versions. They did cross-game DLC for the Xillia games, so no reason they wouldn't do this again since its on the same network.

That's probably why Graces didn't include any DLC.

And in all honestly, I imagine Bamco wants to avoid even more backlash for ToZ here with making people buy the DLC again, lol

kewlmyc

Makes sense since Amazon and Gamestop are selling the PS3 version at $50 instead of full price. I can see Namco Bandai keeping the PS4/PC release a secret until Tales Festival in early June. They've been doing a terrible job at keeping it a secret though.

Banned
Why is it always international retailers like the Dutch, German, French or Chilean that list these rumoured games?

Chilean retailer listed mass effect trilogy. French one listed uncharted trilogy remastered. Now the Dutch with this.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm not expecting much from the PS4 version beyond a higher resolution.

And better performance. The original game suffered in that area from what i've heard. I'll take better performance and higher res anyday

Top Bottom