• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Product Placement All Night Trailer

Ryuukan

video_2013126215421x5cqufu.gif

He put away the vita last season because he's waiting for this game

Holy cow.

Yu's (AH-GC20): $399.00
Rise's (AH-MM200): $199.00
Yosuke's (AH-MM300): $299.00
Chie's (AH-MM400): $399.00

Anyone own one of these? They're expensive as hell, but they look pretty nice. I'm curious what the quality is. I might be able to fork over for the $200...

Atlas157

Holy cow.

Anyone own one of these? They're expensive as hell, but they look pretty nice. I'm curious what the quality is. I might be able to fork over for the $200...

I'm not surprised Rise's are the cheapest.

Bloody hell those jiggle physics! I don't care boobs(sad face) but that looked painful.
Edit: and yes I am in the right thread.
Edit edit: C'mon guys...Chie is best.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy cow.

You can get better sound at cheaper.

Denon aren't as good as they used to be.

Note how Chie's are wood look, to match her personality.

As in stupid or deserving of wood? Choose your answer carefully.

Rise is love

On topic: I really like the look of these... Hmm, I wonder if they'll be good enough to justify the price. Denon is a pretty respectable make though.

Style

Banned
ibtlU6GO3MosFd.gif

Can we not do this ranking thing?

On topic: Those headphones are really cool, but way too pricey for me.

Minato's Audio Technicas were pretty baller

1392352-ath_em700_em7gm.jpg

I like using them, but they're hard to wear with glasses. I usually have to wear my contacts if I want to use them.

I remember seeing the model number for Yosuke's when P4 initially came out but never bothered buying them. They're actually orange like in the game, which I though were cool.

Style

Banned
I like using them, but they're hard to wear with glasses. I usually have to wear my contacts if I want to use them.

I remember seeing the model number for Yosuke's when P4 initially came out but never bothered buying them. They're actually orange like in the game, which I though were cool.

You actually own these? I can only find the wood variant online and they are still pretty exspensive.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
$399 is about midrange when it comes to headphone prices honestly. Its about the top level for the general enthusiast before breaking into the truly high end audiophile.

DVCY201

I've got a pair too. The cord is too short for me personally, it's meant to have the MP3 player hang down on your chest, so I added an extension cord and now it's too long. They're really nice though, and comfortable.

You actually own these? I can only find the wood variant online and they are still pretty exspensive.

Bought them in 2008.

Super old photo, but here's what they look like in the packaging (aside from my other pickups around the time I got them):

IMG_0880.jpg

I've got a pair too. The cord is too short for me personally, it's meant to have the MP3 player hang down on your chest, so I added an extension cord and now it's too long. They're really nice though, and comfortable.

Yep, I've done the same (used the 3.5mm extension from a pair of Phillips headphones I got) so I usually use them only when traveling or doing quick errands. They get heavy on your ears after a while.

Nachos

The reason why they went with Denon is because, after a brief stint of being truly wonderful, their quality isn't nearly as great as it used to be, and you wonder why they won't just stop trying to be relevant. Y'know, just like Persona 4.

/s

Cha

Don't really like the look of any of them tbh. I'll play the game using my cheapy headphones thanks :)

Haven't heard anything through Denon's recently so can't comment on how these would sound.

The Denon headphones themselves are rather bland looking though functional. A shame since they would at least have a bit of color to them or something to make them stand out from the other countless headphones being sold.

$399 is about midrange when it comes to headphone prices honestly. Its about the top level for the general enthusiast before breaking into the truly high end audiophile.
I understand how pricey quality can be which is why I was wondering earlier how the quality of each of those models is. I wouldn't mind buying the $200 ones, but I fear paying for aesthetics and brand name instead of quality.

I understand how pricey quality can be which is why I was wondering earlier how the quality of each of those models is. I wouldn't mind buying the $200 ones, but I fear paying for aesthetics and brand name instead of quality.

Did a quick search regarding Yu's model and seems that those are Bluetooh headphones and have a built-in mic.

Still only a few reviews as they're quite new (they were just recently released) so I guess if you're interested in a particular model, definitely keep an eye out for reviews.

Here's the Denon PR regarding the AH-GC20.

Did a quick search regarding Yu's model and seems that those are Bluetooh headphones and have a built-in mic.

Still only a few reviews as they're quite new (they were just recently released) so I guess if you're interested in a particular model, definitely keep an eye out for reviews.

Here's the Denon PR regarding the AH-GC20.
Damn, everything in that PR sounds good to me. I'll definitely need to look for reviews I guess!

Man P5 can't come soon enough. I love P4 but I'm getting sick of it being milked so much.

I wanna see something new and fresh. Then see it get milked.

Geneijin

What. No way. $200 is more like it but that's stretching. It's closer to $100. $50 is general enthusiast. You'd be surprise what the average budget is.

SeanTSC

What. No way. $200 is more like it but that's stretching. It's closer to $100. $50 is general enthusiast. You'd be surprise what the average budget is.

You are *not* an "enthusiast" if you only spend $50 on junker headphones. That's regular joe territory.

Man P5 can't come soon enough. I love P4 but I'm getting sick of it being milked so much.

I wanna see something new and fresh. Then see it get milked.
"Yes, the cast of Persona 4 has come a long way since some Atlus employees reused their previous game's engine for a quick buck. Who knows what products they will shill between now and when the cast becomes unprofitable?"

Top Bottom