• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Persona 2 and 4 Remake in the works

Mephisto40

I'd rather they just made a new game tbh, these games are such a slog to get through, I honestly just can't get excited to play through one i've already finished before story wise

I prefer a remake of 2, had enough of the school life.
Currently playing through P3 Reload, and its exhausting.

I think 3 is just missing a lot of the elements that made 5 more fun. The lack of palaces for example. Tartarus is really repetitive and it was a bit in Persona 5 too, but Persona 5 had palaces. They did a good job of giving you more reasons to go into Tartarus in P5.

I think Persona 5 also had much better social links, particularly since the social links are people you tend to know better rather than just randoms around town/school.

Persona 5 also handles the calendar a lot better with deadlines.

Persona 5 also had better cutscenes and better music. From what I hear the game gets much better later in the calendar year. If I recall I'm in July or August.

But for real, think about the output of Atlus right now compared to their PS3/PS2 days when we head years of silence.

We're eating pretty good nowadays.
It's so true! We've gotten Persona 3 Reload from them this year, and then SMT5: Vengeance and Metaphor will drop later in the year (oh and The Answer DLC for P3R, too).

I also think we'll hear official news about Persona 6 sometime after Metaphor releases this fall (late 2024 or early 2025).

Last edited:

Zheph

I'd rather they just made a new game tbh, these games are such a slog to get through, I honestly just can't get excited to play through one i've already finished before story wise
We will get P6 eventually and Metaphor is not that far out but I agree that P4 doesn't need a remake.

From a financial perspective, the series didn't really hit mainstream until Persona 5. A lot of us never played the other games. It makes a lot of sense for them to remake them, I just think they need to put more QOL enhancements in the games and make sure they're feature complete without nickel and diming.

I probably wouldn't buy P4 remake day 1, I'd wait for a sale or a complete edition.

Hudo

It's so true! We've gotten Persona 3 Reload from them this year, and then SMT5: Vengeance and Metaphor will drop later in the year (oh and The Answer DLC for P3R, too).

I also think we'll hear official news about Persona 6 sometime after Metaphor releases this fall (late 2024 or early 2025).
Can't wait for Metaphor. Even if it turns out to be "just Persona but in a fantasy setting", I'd be more than satisfied.

Kurotri

Might be an unpopular opinion since I haven't really taken the time to see what others thought about it, but personally I've gotta say they delivered in *spades* with Reload. I'll even go as far as to say that it's better than the original. The only aspect I find better is Yumi Kawamura in the original, but that's that. I could feel the love for the original every second of my 70 hour playthrough. It's evident there are multiple teams over at Atlus as Reload and P6 have been in the works almost simultaneously. If the Reload team can do the same for Persona 4, then by all means, go ahead. I'll be playing.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Persona oversaturation is very quickly becoming a thing...

Same with yakuza... these devs need to chill on these ip cause they are quickly going to be ignored if there's so much of it

I still play the original P4 and don't think it would benefit greatly from a remake. Would love to have a complete Persona 2 in an updated package. That PSP intro never fails to hype me up for playing the game.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'd rather they just made a new game tbh,
They already doing that and its coming out this year.
9c7fa70aa6adb60bb01ab621c331fa18

Zheph

She explicitly says remake instead of remaster. Oh fuck. I never played 1 and 2 (I guess like the majority of Persona fans?) so I'd be super down for them, especially since I heard that 2 has an awesome story.
2 has a really good story/villain, it will be good

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
She explicitly says remake instead of remaster. Oh fuck. I never played 1 and 2 (I guess like the majority of Persona fans?) so I'd be super down for them, especially since I heard that 2 has an awesome story.
I only played P2 Eternal Punishment but yeah the story was pretty cool and did NOT take place in a damn high school. It was mainly let down by its slooooow ass battles and punishing dungeons.

Actually P1 had a pretty cool and trippy-ass story as well.

sigmaZ

I tried playing the first half of P2 when it came out on PSP but found it an absolute chore. It also prominently features characters and references stuff from P1 which I hadn't played.

If all three games are available I'd give the it another shot after finishing the first game.
The first two games are hard to get into due to dated QoL issues, but when they hit, they hit hard story wise.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’d love a P4G remake since I never played it. I thought about buying the current Steam version but they did such an amazing job with P3R, I’m going to wait for the remake to be my first play through.

Top Bottom