• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children E3 2015 trailer

pswii60

Downgrade?

I swear last time it looked like it was using some special lighting technique we hadn't seen before. In this footage it just looks like any other game.

Need to watch the original reveal again I think.

taoofjord

Downgrade?

I swear last time it looked like it was using some special lighting technique we hadn't seen before. In this footage it just looks like any other game.

Nope, looks like the same amazing lighting that I saw while playing the alpha.

Can't wait for this, it's such a blast.

still so curious and excited about this but NOTHING will top their original reveal trailer. My god the music the pacing and the visual. This was so new and bold and epic

https://youtu.be/8DjjQo-56cc?t=10s

it blew my mind and still today I think its one of the best reveal trailer I've ever seen

Macrotus

Such a curious, odd little game. Looking forward to more info. Is it a 2015 release?

The Gamersyde servers were heavy, so I went searching for the trailer on Youtube.
This is the trailer on the PS Japan official Youtube channel.
At 1:00 it says in Japanese, 2015 Autumn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXkcFEJjwVI

I wonder why Sony didn't announce the release date during their conference.
This is their first party exclusive thats going to be released "this year"...

Gren

Crap, in all the hubbub, I forgot about this game. Easily the most interesting Sony title on deck. I hope the alpha went well, and if so, really hope it finds an audience.

Q Games was just testing a twitch broadcast like 30 minutes ago for tomorrow

The Gamersyde servers were heavy, so I went searching for the trailer on Youtube.
This is the trailer on the PS Japan official Youtube channel.
At 1:00 it says in Japanese, 2015 Autumn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXkcFEJjwVI

I wonder why Sony didn't announce the release date during their conference.
This is their first party exclusive thats going to be released "this year"...

it's Q Game's game not Sony's

GnawtyDog

Banned
Downgrade?

lol?
-----------

Anyway, one of the things that boggles my mind - Sony not showing their quality indies. This, Rime and others missing in action. I know Paris is coming but yeah... if they're not there then Sony is doing a poor job of marketing them. Game is coming this fall too.

No new Persona trailer yet it's also coming this fall. No emphasis at all on games coming this fall and they do have games. TGS is not the place - it's dead.

A lot of new stuff on that trailer. Still looking forward to it.

I would of paid money for the alpha I played.

This looks amazing. Love the new wall blocks you can put up. No footage of the mech defender though!!! I want to see that in action!

Love the trailer though. As I will love the game. Need a release date!

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great and special! I didn't play the Alpha so I don't get the game. What's the purpose of building and mining?

Ogawa-san

I'm curious to see how it's performing now. That town in the trailer is pretty packed, and the game struggled to keep up during some busier parts on alpha.

Gief beta pls, I miss going around on my hovercraft shooting granite Godzillas to save matryoshka dolls while only occasionally shooting myself instead.
What's up with the weird flickering on the characters?
That's how other players look to you, and they only show up while doing actions and not just walking around or idling.

Looking great!

Loving that 'Aphex Twin' sounding music. I hope that's the style of the in-game music.

I watched a ton of gameplay on this when people were streaming the Alpha live on PS4. Really like the aesthetic and this new trailer shows more of the (I assume) city-building aspects that weren't in the Alpha.

Can't wait.

d9b

Banned
Downgrade?

Not sure if downgrade, but it does look different I think.

dramatis

oops sorry about that.

It doesn't change the fact that Sony really should have said something about it, since its an exclusive coming out this fall.
This game was originally announced at Gamescom last year. This and the other weird games they showed at Gamescom said to me that Sony thinks the Americans can't deal with weird fancy art games, which is probably true considering the reception Dreams got.

I think Sony is probably saving it for show in fall.

Lucent

This game was originally announced at Gamescom last year. This and the other weird games they showed at Gamescom said to me that Sony thinks the Americans can't deal with weird fancy art games, which is probably true considering the reception Dreams got.

I think Sony is probably saving it for show in fall.

Dunno why ppl wouldnt like Dreams. It looks amazing and the dream sequence was hilarious. My friend lost it when the girl teddy bear was killing zombies. Can't wait for that and this game.

Shin-Ra

What's up with the weird flickering on the characters?
Everyone's a projection clone (hologram) and if you spend too long in the dark you rez-out of existence. You can carry a light with you to survive. I can't remember exactly but there's other times the sparkly effect shows up.

Gamersyde have an intro tutorial video, not much to see here if you watch/played the Alpha but there's new effects for digging and updated UI.

Downgrade?

They are using Ray Tracing. This is still obviously using Ray Tracing. The only other game this looks anything like is Media Molecule's Dreams which is (almost definitely) also using Ray Tracing.

Ray Tracing

Top Bottom