• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy builds robot to do the lighting strike dodges in Final Fantasy X HD on Vita

The most impressive part is that it's made of K'NEX

edit: oh my god K'NEX means connects because the parts go together

K'NEX! That's the name of the toy I was trying to remember the name of when I saw that Impossible Road trailer the other day. That;'s what the track looked like it was made of.

inferior to the other one fully automated :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiHcDcJdzZM

Ah, yeah that's definitely on-point. Sorry, guys, thought it was something fresh. Just saw it a few minutes ago.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
and ultimate weapon for Kimahri (I think)

No. Lulu is the lighting dodges. And honestly, you don't really need the ultimate weapons for ANY of the characters. Too much tedious bullshit for not a huge gain.

Blobbers

Is there a robot that makes Blitzball fun?

Over the years I've learned of the spots for consistent lightning dodges and I've even grown to like the Chocobo races, but Blitzball remains the most boring, tedious, unbalanced and clunky piece of shit game and an enormous grind if you want Wakka's ultimate weapon.

entremet

No. Lulu is the lighting dodges. And honestly, you don't really need the ultimate weapons for ANY of the characters. Too much tedious bullshit for not a huge gain.

It really helps with Penance and the Monster Arena.

But Lulu is not really one of the best characters anyway. Wake, Tidus, and Rikku's are very helpful to have.

Such brutal mini games. Some sadistic asshole created them.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
The robots are probably having the exact same amount of fun that I did during that sequence

Uh guys, that's LEGO.

FIA9H2WGR0E7267.jpg

White bar and smaller pieces give it away - that's K'NEX

Gotta be K'NEX. Unless LEGO is fancy stuff now

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Back in the old days I sat hunched over my PS2 controller and mashed out the lightning dodges manually. It was tense stuff when you got up to the 90s and got worried that you might screw it all up.

Neff

Do you see, Square? This is how fucking boring and frustrating this shit is. You made a man go to the trouble of BUILDING A FUCKING ROBOT to endure it rather than doing it himself.

(mat)

I'm not a fan of the series, but I respect and am entertained by this kind of thing. Somebody catch me up? What's the goal here?

From what I've gathered out of context, is that in order to unlock a crazy weapon, you have to dodge over 90 thunderbolts? Is that about it?

Parfait

I'm not a fan of the series, but I respect and am entertained by this kind of thing. Somebody catch me up? What's the goal here?

From what I've gathered out of context, is that in order to unlock a crazy weapon, you have to dodge over 90 thunderbolts? Is that about it?

You have to dodge 100 in a row. I'm pretty sure that's the number. Your only cue is that flash of light, and it's not on a specific timer so you have to pay attention the entire time.

You have to dodge 100 in a row. I'm pretty sure that's the number. Your only cue is that flash of light, and it's not on a specific timer so you have to pay attention the entire time.

200 in a row, without getting hit and without leaving the main area.

Do you see, Square? This is how fucking boring and frustrating this shit is. You made a man go to the trouble of BUILDING A FUCKING ROBOT to endure it rather than doing it himself.

I love FFX but what you have to do to get some of the Ultimate Weapons is awful.

Hycran

Banned
200 in a row, without getting hit and without leaving the main area.

There's one area where the lightning consistently flashes and quite quickly. Not sure if that was changed for the new version but I remember it being pretty painless once I found the sweet spot

SeanTSC

There's one area where the lightning consistently flashes and quite quickly. Not sure if that was changed for the new version but I remember it being pretty painless once I found the sweet spot

The most painless spot is the one he's using in the video. Basically, you run up to that little crater and the game forces a Lightning Strike to happen. It won't happen at all while running up to the crater or back and forth around it, just right at it. It makes it absurdly easy to do - Run up, press Dodge. Repeat x200. It's pretty foolproof and the difficulty of doing it is completely overblown by people who don't know of the crater spot.

edit: oh my god K'NEX means connects because the parts go together
And Legos is a portmanteau of "let go!" in the plural form because as a kid you could never get those damn pieces separated, especially those small flat ones. Put those together and the fun was over. If you didn't even know that then I don't know what to tell you.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Speaking of this, where can I get this game on the cheap? Every seems to have it for $30 or more. I don't want to get it from Gamestop.

Speaking of this, where can I get this game on the cheap? Every seems to have it for $30 or more. I don't want to get it from Gamestop.

If you mean the Vita release, getting a used copy would be cheapest, but then the FFX-2 voucher would probably be missing. Digitally, it's only sold as a bundle, but I think it's been on sale a couple times and I could see it getting another one sooner or later. Pretty sure I've seen the physical copy drop to $20 once or twice on amazon.

You can get physical copies of both FFX and X-2, but X-2 only got an English release in Asia, and can be hard to find/expensive now.

Top Bottom