• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sounds of Killer Instinct - BTS Video

kogasu

Caught this video last night. It's always really cool to see how they do their foley and, just in general, how they go about doing the sound.

God damn that was really awesome. It's amazing how many small touches go into the sound design of this game.

Also Mick Gordon continues to bring some of the best music in the industry.

Jarlaxle

Nice video.

Sound design is phenomenal in this game. Can't wait for a season 3 announcement to confirm they'll be more Mick Gordon goodness on the way.

Is season 2 over yet? Waiting for that OST to hit Spotify. I noticed The Old Blood didn't make it there yet either.
The season 2 album was announced to be released August 4th in tue killer instinct panel at evo.

Nine Mick Gordon tracks for season two and a lot of unreleased music and mixes of classic killer instinct.

Karak

Friggen awesome! Thanks for posting that. This is why I cover music so much in my content. The amount of work that goes into a games music is so easily overlooked.

Yeah Cinders new theme is absolutely disgusting, one of the best reimaginging of a themes ever when it comes to games.

Kind of weak they didn't go into Mick's thought's on it since Cinder was such a huge part of Season 2.

lazygecko

I really wish there was a dynamic version of the soundtrack available. The music is super cool but the way it's squashed just sucks all the life and power out of it.

I very much loved this video.

I do wish we got more behind the scenes from Mick. Like, how in Thunder's theme, Mick recorded the vocals at a ranch in Idaho with actual Nez Perce native americans! I would love to hear more about the process of all of these KI tracks, because they are truly some of the best works of music that I have heard in a long time.

Synth

I really wish there was a dynamic version of the soundtrack available. The music is super cool but the way it's squashed just sucks all the life and power out of it.

Funnily enough, I wish there was a non-dynamic option for the game itself, as I often find myself hearing the same areas of track looping constantly as a result of doing a similar combo often.

Shredderi

The soundtrack by Mick Gordon is fucking superb and my favourite thing sonically to come out of video games the past two years. Bring on S2 ost!

It's pretty amazing how the sound teams came up with sound effects for everyone. That whole bit about Hisako and crumpling lettuce was golden. Kinda wished they talked about Aganos and Maya, even if Maya doesn't have any unique sounds tied to her.

Now i'm here waiting for the Season 2 Killer Cuts to come out on iTunes.

Teeth

I wish they would have gotten more into the way they spliced the tracks to match the intensity of the fights. So awesome.

Also, I went to Mick Gordon's website to see other games he's done and under the list of stuff:

Current Projects
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Killer Instinct
Routine

Previous Projects
Need for Speed: The Run
Shootmania Storm
Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat
Shift 2: Unleashed
Need for Speed: World
Vancouver Canucks Stadium Sound Design Rogers Arena/Canucks

Woah!

fallingdove

Mick Gordon did an amazing job. Killer Instinct has incredible music. As a huge fan of the original music, he more than lived up to my expectations.

bumpkin

Cool video with lots of interesting little tidbits. It's also nice to finally see/hear Mick Gordon in the flesh. I've tagged him in KI related Tweets that he's liked and/or favorited over the past year or two, but really had no idea who he was outside of that.

KI's soundtrack is the first time I've heard of Mick Gordon and I honestly pictured him as a hairy metal head and not somebody who practised Mongolian throat singing.

Top Bottom