• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will have to step it up with quality of games if they decide to go third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNG32

Honestly I don't know how Microsoft doesn't get called out for having 70 percent of their releases this gen being First person perspective games. Like seriously I think it's fuckin overkill and they need some fuckin variety. At the developers direct Hellblade was the only game that looked interesting to me. It looks slightly riskier than Microsoft's usual offerings but with it being a short game we will see how this goes. If Microsoft does consider to go full throttle third party I hope we see some revised ip like Conkers, Killer Instinct 2, Banjo Kazooie or fuck a Jet Force Gemini game would be great. Fuck all this first perspective games. The Microsoft developers need to stop doing fucking cartwheels in the office and start creating games with deeper mechanics and being comfortable with more games where you can see your character on the screen.

Yes I know playground games is making a Fable game where I can see that third person ass and i'm looking forward to it.

bender

What time is it?
ettu.jpg

What this thread is actually about: OP is upset about Indiana Jones and thus feels like MS publishes too many first person games.

What this thread looks like at first glance: Another doom and gloom thread about MS if they go third party.

Robb

Gold Member
Honestly I don't know how Microsoft doesn't get called out for having 70 percent of their releases this gen being First person perspective games
Just googling a list of the stuff they’ve released this gen..

Flight Simulator
Psychonauts 2
AoE IV
Horizon 5
Halo Infinite
Deathloop

As Dusk Falls
Grounded
Ghostwire Tokyo
Pentiment
Hi-Fi Rush
Redfall
Starfield
Minecraft Legends
Forza Motorsport

I can only find 4 games that force you to play 1st person (unless the list is missing a ton of new releases). That’d be about 27% of their output.

damidu

yeah they devalued their ouput massively, releasing half finished dissapointing games back to back,
its clear that they aim for quantity not quality to keep gamepass "engaging", but good luck convincing people to pay full price for your AA output.

Last edited:

SHA

I love how some of you criticize Xbox, when apparently you barely know the platform. It's telling.
You can't judge something you haven't tried, even reviews doesn't tell much like for example, RE4 remake, you almost can't find someone dislikes the game on the internet but the game after I bought it clearly isn't for me, if people don't get this opinion piece then I don't know what the hell they're talking about, they're just as clueless as everyone else.

The problem with the Bethesda acquisition is they ALL make first person games. Just a massive amount of studios all reliant on that perspective. Add CoD on top of it. And Halo. First Person shooter overload. For all the crap about Sony making the same types of games, just look at Microsoft and the studios they have.

IMHO they need to merge some of these studios to work on mega-projects and let them diversify the types of games they make.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Some games do make sense in first-person, so it's not that big of an issue.

But they will have to step up the quality of their games significantly if they want to compete - that's for sure. Production qualities, animation, combat mechanics, graphics, storytelling, mo-cap, audio design: they are a lot behind in every aspect than other AAA developers.

If they go third-party, they will have to compete with games such as Zelda, Mario, TLOU, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon, etc. They'll have to make games that look and play better than those games. Otherwise, folks would rather spend their money on those games over XGS games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Honestly I don't know how Microsoft doesn't get called out for having 70 percent of their releases this gen being First person perspective games.
I myself not really in to first person perspective games but we could say the same about 90% of games from Sony are 3rd person but thats okay but not okay for First Person games?

I feel like some of you guys VERY obvious bias against Xbox......its fin you guys are not into their game (its same for me) but some this threads it just weird.

Last edited:

tusharngf

For me, Microsoft has delivered the game I wanted which is Forza Horizon 5. I got the game after 3 months of its release and they patched most of the things in the game. I have more than 400 cars in my inventory and spent over 250 hours into it. This game has a tuner system where you can tune your car using a number template. I must say forza horizon 5 is the best first-party game that Microsoft has delivered. I did around 100 hours into all playlists on the map. Later tried multiplayer and it's awesome. The graphics are much better than most racing titles out there. People never bring up forza in discussions but its a masterpiece in every aspect. I am still playing this game after 2yrs of its release and got DLC's as well.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't know how Microsoft doesn't get called out for having 70 percent of their releases this gen being First person perspective games. Like seriously I think it's fuckin overkill and they need some fuckin variety. At the developers direct Hellblade was the only game that looked interesting to me. It looks slightly riskier than Microsoft's usual offerings but with it being a short game we will see how this goes. If Microsoft does consider to go full throttle third party I hope we see some revised ip like Conkers, Killer Instinct 2, Banjo Kazooie or fuck a Jet Force Gemini game would be great. Fuck all this first perspective games. The Microsoft developers need to stop doing fucking cartwheels in the office and start creating games with deeper mechanics and being comfortable with more games where you can see your character on the screen.

Yes I know playground games is making a Fable game where I can see that third person ass and i'm looking forward to it.
What a load of shit 😅 And just look at the clown who gave it a thumbs up 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom