• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suggest PSX Title

Teasel

well since the other thread "Let's Replay Something" didn't end well
i'm going to hunt some old psx games but i would like some suggestion from gaf... note that the more unknown the game,the better it is. we all played FF7/8/9/T,MGS,SOTN,etc so it's pretty pointless to name those game again

madmook

Tenchu 1 - ninja splinter cell

Soviet Strike - graphics look like vomit on the screen, but pretty fun (hard, too)

Wes

venison crêpe
Pool Shark - I still play this from time to time.
FIFA Road to the World Cup '98 - The only good EA made football game I've ever played.

Xdrive05

Tomb Raider 1. I just started playing through it again a couple days ago myself. It's easy to tell it's the best in the series, primitive controls aside.

Xdrive05

Has GAF ever had a "best PSX games" thread? You can't really narrow it down enough to find anything particular using "PSX" in the search with a forum this big.

Wes

venison crêpe
The Friendly Monster said:
Did you like it because you won 18-0?

Something like that. It was a much better game to play against other people rather than the computer as it was so open.

agent069

Banned
bravefencer.jpg

Brave Fencer Musashi, nobody seems to like it much, but I think it's one hell of an action
game, good action, good soundtrack, good control, etc...

top-25-psx-games-20050906102307438.jpg

I don't remember the game very well, but what I remember is that I liked it pretty much, I believe it's one cute plateform with a lot of style! It was also pretty popular back in the days.

image_deliver.php

image_deliver.php

Looks pretty sweet anyway :lol

As far as the more classic games goes, I suggest any Crash Bandicoot or Megaman title, those games have aged very well, with little to no loading. Not to forgot both Oddworld games.

Well there is still the AWESOME Dragon Quest 7, my best RPG, I discovered it two years ago, and I must say that it aged pretty well. Okay the graphics are pretty horrible, but there is no loading, the battle are fast and the random battle frequency is very low, which makes the game very cool to play. The caracters move really fast and the dialog are pretty short, all of those things makes a very very very plesant RPG. And with all this smoothness you're good for more than 100-120hours of gameplay just to see the end.

oracrest

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up G Darius a few years back. A really solid shooter, with branching level paths. And giant fish!

BT0844FB.jpg

Here's one I doubt anyone else will be recommending...

RC de Go! from Taito (part of the Simple 1500 budget series in Japan). It reminds me a lot of RC Pro Am for NES since you race from a side perspective. EGM rated it 8.0/10. Buy it if you enjoy games lik RC Pro AM, Super Sprint, and Super Off-Road.

robot

Apologize in advance for the crappy screenshots:

Jumping Flash! (1 & 2)
jumping4.jpg

Hasnt aged the best but who cares - it's jumping flash for god's sake.

Motor Toon Grand Prix
mtgp27.jpg

The game that put Polyphony(?) on the map. A bit of a sleeper (at least in the US) but the game kicks ass. Amazing graphics for it's time too!

TRAP GUNNER! The only game of its kind as far as I know. From Atlus, it was a one on one fighting game mixed in with strategy and a little bit of shooter all in one. A very slick anime look with neat character designs and an explosive techno soundtrack. I loved this game. In fact, I'm gonna go replay it now.

Also reccomend:

Twisted Metal 2 - Still the best TM ever. To hell with Black.

Jumping Flash 1 or 2 - I second the votes for these games! Really cute and original!

Einhander - Best shooter to hit the US market for PS1. Very old-school gameplay with a new-age look. Good soundtrack too.

Vandal Hearts - Awesome strategy RPG in the same vein as FF:Tactics, but not as complicated. Way more user-friendly with a cool story and decent soundtrack. Ugly graphics, but it was a lot of fun anyway.

holy shit... someone actually recommended ECHO NIGHT?

...awesome. I loved that game! (and try out ECHO NIGHT: BEYOND for PS2 if you can find it :))

Top Bottom