• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - The next DOOM title believed to be called 'DOOM: The Dark Ages'

Calverz

Gold Member
Personally I would have preferred quake but more doom isn’t a bad thing. Could do something unique with a medieval twist I suppose. Il trust id on this one.

Varteras

Gold Member
But if it's in like a dark age kinda setting, how are they gonna do the BF-

dragon energy GIF

Bidding Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Hmmm...so leaning more into that space knight bullshit from Eternal....Can't we just re-introduce Heretic to the world instead. =P

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
Interesting idea, but yeah, looking at the description alone I'm surprised they haven't rolled with Hexen's reboot instead

zapper

it seems that natethehate has confirmed that it will be a multiplatform release, everything that guy leaked on discord has come true

Pimpbaa

Sounds cool and all but I thought they were working on a new Quake. Oh well, I’m there day 1 even if I don’t have game pass by then.

edit: as in I’m willing to pay full price for an id software game.

Last edited:
Man Doom Eternal was so intense it broke my Dualsense R2 trigger lol. The sword was fucking baller and I hope they add more melee weapons now.

Sintoid

I'd love to trak how many leak each Insider claim finally reaveal to be true
We could build an official topic with this kind of statistic
It could be fun

Apocryphon

Cautiously optimistic.

The less like Eternal the better as far as I’m concerned.

Unfortunately I feel like it will go off the deep end and be incredibly lore dense, delivered through more appalling writing.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Based on the title this could be great, but instead we'll get a gay Australian Aboriginal two spirit with lots of shit dialogue.

Danknugz

If this is a melee-focused Doom, I am actually intrigued. Let's hope they can make the combat at least be as good as Dark Messiah's, then.

If it's just Doom but in a medieval-inspired setting, I'd rather have Quake, tbh.
iirc the original quake was conceptualized to be a lot more melee focused and slower, it sounded like they were going for a more immersive gothic single player experience. but i would expect that from a quake remake not necessarily doom. i'm not holding my breath and sad to say i'm expecting to be disappointed but maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with a return to doom3 style original explorative gameplay without forced arena fights, rgb disco balls and rave tunes

Top Bottom