• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Microsoft was previously weighing bringing Gears, Flight Sim, and the next Doom to rival platforms. Final decision has not made yet

Draugoth

Gold Member
QBJVnng4tdVEM9SyfCaTnb-1200-80.jpg

Via Tom Warren:

I understand that Microsoft has also previously been weighing up the idea of bringing Gears of War, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and even the next Doom game to rival platforms. Final decisions haven’t been made on these other games, but there’s bound to be more than just four. As this strategy evolves, it’s clear there will be some interesting decisions being made about the future of Xbox games and exclusivity.

Last edited:

blakdecaf

They’ll bring many, many more if the cash starts rolling in. You’ve seen how mental some of those reactions have been by the fanboys this past couple weeks, you gotta start slowly to avoid complete meltdown.

Slowly boil the lobsters, don’t chuck em right in.

XXL

You mentioned that Starfield and Indiana Jones aren't part of the four despite rumors, but will those ever come to PS5? Can you rule that out?

I don't think we should as an industry ever rule out a game going to any other platform. We're focused on these four games and learning from the experience.
But I don't want to create a false expectation on those other platforms that this is somehow the first four to get over the dam and then the dam's going to open and that everything else is coming, that's not the plan today. I also don't want to mislead customers on those other platforms. We're launching these four games, and we're excited about it. We're excited about the announce and everything else, but we'll see what happens for our business
lyingphil.png

They will be considering all of their titles, and port the ones they think make sense. Many more will follow the first 4.
Absolutely. The retarded train is still full steam ahead I see.

But “Gears? No.” Is still consideration. Have we learned nothing in the last two weeks? Exclusives days are numbered, but Microsoft can’t/won’t do it alone. As Spencer said, in five to ten years they’ll be much less significant, and hopefully over.

Last edited:

Gudji

I'm surprised Flight Sim isn't one of the titles to be honest, it's much less of a "game" and more of an interesting piece of software to play around with.
Team probably doesn't even have devkits at this point.

Notice how the games that are supposed to be released for now are from studios that already have PS5 devkits - maybe with exception of rare.

Astray

Gold Member
We are back to square one.

Yeah that podcast was a complete waste of time.
He actually managed to add more names we didn't havr news outlet corroboration on lmfao.

Add Grounded, Gears of War, Doom and Flight Simulator to the list rofl.

(Actually, S SneakersSO mentioned Doom before lol, but nice to get that Tom Warren corroboration there too).

Ozriel

M$FT
the best part of the ‘has been considering’ line of ‘leaks’ from insiders is that nobody can call you out when you’re wrong. You’ll just say they considered and changed their minds.

Warren talked about a big game coming and had a Verge article heavily hinting at a day one port of Indiana Jones.

All wrong.

Hohenheim

This forum goes full retard every time this cunt makes a tweet. Maybe it's time to put the whole "insiders" thing to rest? The joke ain't funny anymore.
Stop giving these folks this "power". Ignore them. Play some games.

Last edited:
the best part of the ‘has been considering’ line of ‘leaks’ from insiders is that nobody can call you out when you’re wrong. You’ll just say they considered and changed their minds.

Warren talked about a big game coming and had a Verge article heavily hinting at a day one port of Indiana Jones.

All wrong.
They haven't ruled out putting Indiana Jones on other consoles. Phil admitted that you can't rule out any game going to other consoles. It's just a matter of time before Xbox puts their bigger games on other consoles. They'll make far more money that way than actually making a new expensive console and playing catch up with Sony and Nintendo.

near

Gold Member
Gears needs new life, Flight Sim should be on everything, Doom Eternal already has a userbase on PS so add the sequel. Do it.

Of course they are there was too much smoke from Microsoft insiders fundamentally the hardware isn't selling well, gamepass slowed and software sales have declined they have a severe growth issue but as long as Phil is in charge it'll be a wishy washy strategy the man just can't be clear to save his life.

CLW

But it’s “just 4 games”. Ms needs to fire that cuk Spencer guy has to be one of the most incompetent executives in business history

He actually managed to add more names we didn't havr news outlet corroboration on lmfao.

Add Grounded, Gears of War, Doom and Flight Simulator to the list rofl.

(Actually, S SneakersSO mentioned Doom before lol, but nice to get that Tom Warren corroboration there too).
Honestly, I get that they needed to put out a community fire and probably struggled for a long time with crafting a messaging narrative that would dilute this for their community, but this entire thing was a tremendous waste of time. Even the interview pieces afterwards talking about 'biggest leap in hardware'.

This entire outfit is just unbelievably misguided. I already felt this way based on just years of working with/for and with loads of other folks who have experience with Xbox and Microsoft, but Xbox is without a doubt one of the most poorly run gaming orgs in the industry. They just have a lot of capital to cover up the mistakes, and even then its not enough.

Mister Wolf

Based off Sea Of Thieves and Grounded coming to Playstation I can see Flight Sim coming as well. They want you guys spending your whole paycheck buying digital airplanes.

Top Bottom