• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games: Summer Jam, HK CPTA, SCRII Prelude, X-MANIA XVI! PAX PRIME & MORE

Tripon

Note: If you have an interest in discussing the Fighting Game Community, consider joining the Fighting Game Weekly (Just moved to Community) thread where we try to talk about what is happening in the FGC.

Summer Jam is this weekend (August 28-30) and is a Capcom Pro Tour ranking event!

Info about the Capcom Pro Tour can be found here.

This tournament features some of the best U.S. Ultra players including but not limited to:

Tempo|ChrisG
EG|K-Brad
EG|Ricki Ortiz
YOMI|Dieminion
RZR|Perfect Legend
PIE|Smug
WFX|801Strider
BX3|Phenom
F3|Alucard
EMP|KDZ
KIG|Problem X
Liquid|NuckleDu
DojoGaming|Velociraptor
RMZ

Summer Jam also are hosting Smash for Wii U, Mortal Kombat X, Guilty Gear Xrd, BlazBlue Chronophantasm Extend, Smash Melee, UNIEL, UMvC3, Street Fighter: 3rd strike and many more games! Big E (the Tournament organizer) also usually holds a cosplay event, but unfortunately there will be no stream this time.

Here is the infographic by game:

5sytmeK.png

Here is the infographic by stream schedule:

OFryO4V.png

Streams:
www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
www.twitch.tv/nycfurby
www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork
www.twitch.tv/kpblive
www.twitch.tv/nica_KO
www.twitch.tv/smashstudios

Also happening this week is the Hong Kong CPTA qualifier and CPT ranking event. This is a 1 day event that features some of the top players in Asia. More info can be found here.

Players confirmed going to the Hong Kong CPT ranking:

Infiltration
YBK|Shiro
CodyNP
CCG|HumanBomb
Dark Jiewa
Chuan
Misse
KOG
GL|Saunic
MOV
G.Y.R.O.
Qanba|Xiao Hai
Gonzalez
RZR|RB

The stream can be found here:
www.twitch.tv/gamestartasia

Also happening this week is SCR Prelude II, the second SCR prelude event that leads to the main Socal Regionals event in October. This tournament is for players local to Southern California. I do not have a list of players confirmed to be here, except for Alex Valle, who is too old to fly to Summer Jam.

Here is the stream by game:

BGUD3LN.png

And here is the stream by time:

Qh3iyIS.png

Level Up Live is handling both streams:

www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
www.twitch.tv/leveluplive2

X-MANIA XVI is also happening this weekend! A tournament focused solely on Super Street Fighter II Turbo, X-MANIA is a long running tournament that draws players from across the globe to enter. It is a 2 day event with the 1v1 tournament happening on Friday 29th, and the 3v3 tournament happening on Saturday 30th.

Here is the infographic for the tournament:

str_x-mania_schedule.jpg

Stream: twitch.tv/mikado_SSF2x

PAX Prime and Twitch will also host a Melee and Smash Wii U tournament with stream provided by VGBootcamp. It is a free to enter (which means no entry fee) tournament with a $10000 pot bonus for both Melee and Wii U.

More info can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1471939476440743/

SCHEDULE:

DAY 1 (Friday):
Sign-ups at the door for each individual wave. You may enter 1 event per wave. 64 player CAP per event wave
10-12 PM: Wave 1 signups
12-2 PM: Wave 1 pools, Wave 2 signups
2-4 PM: Wave 2 pools, Wave 3 signups
4-6 PM: Wave 3 pools, Wave 4 signups
6-8 PM: Wave 4 pools

DAY 2 (Saturday):
12-2 PM: Smash Wii U Singles Top 32 Wave 1, Doubles Top 32
2-4 PM: Smash Wii U Singles Top 32 Wave 2
4-6 PM: Smash Melee Singles Top 32 Wave 1, Doubles Top 32
6-8 PM: Smash Melee Singles Top 32 Wave 2

DAY 3 (Sunday):
10-12:30: Wii U Doubles Top 6
12:30-3: Wii U Singles Top 8
3-5:30: Melee Doubles Top 6
5:30-8: Melee Singles Top 8

Stream: www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

As always, if you see an infographic for a FGC tournament, it was likely made by acekingoffsuit. The guy makes stream schedules for every major tournament and he does it for free. You can find his twitter account here: https://twitter.com/acekingoffsuit

Also, Malice215's FGC Calendar was used to help get more information on tournaments. Malice215 (also a gaffer) spends much of his free time maintaining the FGC Calendar

Without them, it wold be a lot harder to give out any of this information.

I'm hype to see how Tachikawa does at X-Mania. The SF2 championship edition Japanese champion.

edit: Could have been hyper fighting.

El Sloth

Banned
Damn, no one watching either huh. Guess I'll check out Smash at Pax since I'm not too interested in the team tourneys at Summer Jam

Saturday night at Summer Jam there will be a FT10 exhibition between Scamby and Cloud805 in umvc3.

Edit: I see it in the graphic now. And the other exhibition is Perfect Legend vs Sonic Fox.

Malice215

Is this the first tourney where they use the PS4 ver? Alcucards Hugo is godlike tho

First big PS4 tournament in the US. Asian and European tournaments have already started the switch over.

Hugo brings the damn hype! Loving these matches.

Also appreciate the shoutout. Just doing my part to keep people informed. I also started a new Twitter for live updates.

Tripon

HK starting. Zhi and some Hong Kong guy commentating. Zhi is doing the boring anyalst roll so far. Not too far off the rails yet.

Tripon

There is an Ibuki player named Chow Chin Pang.

And he's about to beat Akimo.

Edit: holy shit, Chow Chin Pang won.

Top Bottom