• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Attorney 6: western release confirmed

L~A

Edit: since this the main thread for AA6 (I think?!), putting the link to Court-Records's post about the Famitsu article. Much more details compared to the leaks.

> http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31416

Feel free to make a new thread when the official website is launched!

New news, new thread... please merge/lock if needed.

Capcom has confirmed with Shacknews Ace Attorney 6 will be receiving a western release. The company says, "Ace Attorney 6 (working title) will be coming to the west. We’ll have more information on the Western release soon."

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/article/91...nounced-for-3ds-confirmed-for-western-release

Can't make it more official:

You heard Wright! Ace Attorney 6 (working title), announced in Japan today, is also in development for the west!

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/638729291178467328

Vibranium

Banned
Well, that was pretty fast. Thanks Capcom. But no Great Ace Attorney or officially localized AAI2 hurts.

Hopefully we get it fairly close to the Japanese launch.

D-Man

So it's basically confirmed that the West is only getting mainline AA games from here on out? I mean, I'm happy we're getting this, but getting no DGS is such bull. Really wanted to play another Takumi game...

Golnei

Likely still digital-only, but it's nice to see confirmation. I guess DGS and any hypothetical sequels are in the hands of fan-translators now...

Madao

well, there it is.

the series only comes over if it is a main entry. it's like the Yakuza series in that sense.

takoyaki

So it's a bit like Yakuza, the mainline games are localized, but they stopped doing a localization for the spin-offs. Better than nothing I guess…

That was even faster than I think anyone could have expected.

And that's the final nail in the coffin for Dai Gyakuten Saiban, I think.

FluxWaveZ

3OM7Qws.gif
k5kvglg.jpg
phoenix-emo.gif

So conflicted.

Tizoc

What about The Great Ace Attorney?

That one doesn't star Phoenix Wright so that's likely why it isn't getting localized. I personally am expecting Dai Gyakuten to someday get localized just not in the near future.

I also lol at anyone who thought this wouldn't get localized.

Phantom Pain release

Ace Attorney 6 announced and confirmed for a English release

Today is a good day

Too bad for Dai Gyakuten Saiban but it's too soon to think a localization is impossible

addik

Oh no, this doesn't bode well for Great Ace Attorney, right?

How can a localization of an AA game bring so much distress?

Tizoc

Phantom Pain release

Ace Attorney 6 announced and confirmed for a English release

Today is a good day

Too bad for Dai Gyakuten Saiban but it's too soon to think a localization is impossible

Capcpom would release Gyakuten Collection Vol. 2 for iOS, that ish gets localized and then we can wait for 1 or 2 more spinoffs for Dai Gyakuten localization :3

eZxulygY2ngYa-v4I93IP9kVRkLBNNQk6Lz3e_j9q-jJTk6_i5emB4HLol9Oys5A7M-hZAGZPFsqhFBk_e-cRTrHV14=w426-h240-n

Good to have this one confirmed, but disappointing that it seems like we're going to be missing DGS, and presumably it's followups too.

FluxWaveZ

Come on... this false hope is more annoying than anything. It's been expressed since the start.

It's extremely frustrating, because we already know that DGS is actually going to become an ongoing series within Ace Attorney. Takumi stated this, and he didn't even consider it strictly a "spin-off" due to how important he regards it within the series.

This sucks.

Drago

Nice, quick confirmations are the best.

I hope people have started work already on a DGS fan translation. I'm counting on them!

Top Bottom