• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

a66014db42b305a43d8e09d04d77eaf4700774b66618097d8ce11fa232983b94

Game Information​

Game Title: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy

Platforms:

• PC (Jan 25, 2024)
  • Nintendo Switch (Jan 25, 2024)
  • PlayStation 4 (Jan 25, 2024)
  • Xbox One (Jan 25, 2024)
Trailer:

Developer: Capcom

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 81 average - 100% recommended - 11 reviews

PZPEJCj.png

OpenCritic - 84 average - 17 reviews (Nintendo Switch)

ylbCAEj.png

Critic Reviews​

ComingSoon.net - Tyler Treese - 9 / 10

These are some of the best adventure games released in the past 20 years and made even better thanks to the new features included in this lovingly crafted package.

Cultured Vultures - Jimmy Donnellan - 8 / 10

While the games themselves may vary in quality, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy still presents a pretty solid case for purchase.

GamingTrend - David Flynn - 80 / 100

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy only makes minor improvements to the three games it compiles, but the extras are well worth it for any fan to see. Some textures are still low resolution and the game is still capped at 30 fps across the board, but these are three fantastic games full of humor, drama, and heart.

God is a Geek - Lyle Carr - 8.5 / 10

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy brings the last three mainline Ace Attorney games to modern consoles, and they're just as good as ever.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 85 / 100

Quote not yet available

Push Square - Stephen Tailby - 8 / 10

It's very hard not to love Ace Attorney, and that trend happily continues with the Apollo Justice trilogy. The games themselves are steeped in charm thanks to well-written, melodramatic stories and a great ensemble cast. They've been treated with respect, too, with lovely visual improvements and an enjoyable array of extras. While some weak spots here and there are inevitable, and some of the series' flaws are still present, overall there's little to object to.

The Switch Effect - Elly Oak - 5 / 5

I still have issues with Dual Destinies’ handling of returning characters, but in my old age, I find myself caring less and less. These games look good, they play good, and having all three together in HD with all the amenities, it’s perfect.

VGC - Chris Scullion - 4 / 5

A solid collection of three brilliant visual novels, this Apollo Justice collection may not offer a lot more than HD-friendly versions of the handheld originals, but the quality of the source material means that's enough to entertain regardless.

WayTooManyGames - Leonardo Faria - 8.5 / 10

Those games, just like other Ace Attorney titles, are more than simply excellent visual novels. They are absolutely ridiculous stories, almost always engaging, and often times thought-provoking. They are still the best examples of what the genre can achieve, and how easily accessible and entertaining they can be, even for people who aren’t exactly into static, story-based games with little in terms of interactivity.

XboxEra - Genghis Husameddin - 8.2 / 10

Barring a middling ‘middle’ entry, The Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy brings a set of great games from a series I love to the big screen. There’s no beating the bush around this one: this collection does Apollo Justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom