• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ace Apollo Justice Attorney Trilogy coming early 2024 | Capcom Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

TAKE THAT! Court is back in session with Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy! Featuring three games - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice - join Apollo Justice on his journey to bring order to the courts and bring an end to the dark age of the law!​

FydI5_8aIAADAhK
FydIywMaUAEduNV

Last edited:

sensor

It's nice to see the whole main series and Great Ace Attorney on modern platforms. One of my favourite series, and these are the only games I haven't played among them.

Ace Attorney 7 soon, Capcom?

near

Gold Member
Why doesn’t it show ps5 XSX at the bottom? I know it’ll bone for out for them but it looks weird showing only ps4 Xbox one

Don't think this is an error. It's repeated on the official website and in the trailers. It doesn't seem to be coming to PS5/XSX, weird.

Fake

Don't think this is an error. It's repeated on the official website and in the trailers. It doesn't seem to be coming to PS5/XSX, weird.

There is no error, just no next gen version. IDK if this type of game really need a 'next gen'? BC probably will work fine.

Mhmmm 2077

Amazing. So now we will have all the games "remastered", with the exception of both "Investigations" games and "vs Layton"... and while I'm sure the Layton one is not gonna be re-released, I hope we get an Investigation pack at some point too.

Batiman

Banned

I find that very hard to believe. That would be a first and a very ridiculous decision.

Shifty1897

Not upgrade just on the consoles. I know it’ll release for all but why not show ps5 XSX at the bottom? Is that normal?
It's most definitely either compliance with Sony/Microsoft standards where you can't put the PS5 XSX logos unless you have a native version, or maybe a legal stipulation with false advertising since it's not a native version.

Batiman

Banned
It's most definitely either compliance with Sony/Microsoft standards where you can't put the PS5 XSX logos unless you have a native version, or maybe a legal stipulation with false advertising since it's not a native version.
Ok didn’t notice that before.

RavageX

I thought this was already done? Plus...only so much can be done with the same games, remastered remasters....any new ones coming soon?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
More amazing is it's back on Xbox One. A system Great Ace Attorney completely skipped.
Good point! First trilogy did come out on Xbox but Great Ace Attorney skipped Xbox completely for some reason but this time Xbox is getting Apollo trilogy......its weird.

Last edited:
Its not getting physical release in west!!?

crushed.gif
Nothing confirmed so far regarding a physical release, but for example, the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy got a physical release in Japan only, so my impression is that they'll probably do the same here.
And yeah, I know that The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles got a release in the west.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nothing confirmed so far regarding a physical release, but for example, the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy got a physical release in Japan only, so my impression is that they'll probably do the same here.
And yeah, I know that The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles got a release in the west.
angry-mob.gif

drganon

Cool news since the e shop just closed. I went ahead and bought the two 3ds games before it closed, so I'll probably just play them there for now and pick this collection up later.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Xbox One? What year is it?
This makes me think this trilogy was basically complete some time ago.

Being Italian, I see that not only they choose not to translate 5 and 6, but they also got rid of the original Italian translation in 4, so it's only English here.

Not mad, because I know English, just... Annoyed
It’s impossible to localize these games in Italian and preserve the tone, the humour, the puns.
It’s a miracle they managed to localize them so well in English already.
I’d also bet they have sales data for Italy and that’s probably abysmal and not worth the effort.

Zephir

It’s impossible to localize these games in Italian and preserve the tone, the humour, the puns.
It’s a miracle they managed to localize them so well in English already.
I’d also bet they have sales data for Italy and that’s probably abysmal and not worth the effort.

Oh, I know that very well: I'm just disappointed it's not even an option. Just the same about having a retail version

Why weird, since both are capable of BC.

Why on earth would you want e dedicated PS5/XSX version when there is 0 to be improved upon tech wise?
Its a 2D slide show. What do you want... 120fps, RT, VRR?

Dont be stupid.

near

Gold Member
Why weird, since both are capable of BC.

Why on earth would you want e dedicated PS5/XSX version when there is 0 to be improved upon tech wise?
Its a 2D slide show. What do you want... 120fps, RT, VRR?

Dont be stupid.
What's weird is a game coming out in 2024 from Capcom releasing for Xbox One and PS4, and omitting their successors. Nothing wrong with it considering the game, just seeing that on their website is. I wouldn't even play a game like this on console to begin with, I'll get it on Switch.

Gambit2483

What's weird is a game coming out in 2024 from Capcom releasing for Xbox One and PS4, and omitting their successors. Nothing wrong with it considering the game, just seeing that on their website is. I wouldn't even play a game like this on console to begin with, I'll get it on Switch.
It's not harnessing the power of PS5 or the Series X. This way they can release it to a wider audience of people. It makes complete business sense as there are still millions of people who still only own PS4/XboxOne

near

Gold Member
Capcom didn't say if it would be selling the games separetely too, did they?
They haven't mentioned anything. If it's anything like the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy it will remain as a bundle.

It's not harnessing the power of PS5 or the Series X. This way they can release it to a wider audience of people. It makes complete business sense as there are still millions of people who still only own PS4/XboxOne
Does every game released on PS5 or Series X harness the power of the systems? There are plenty of visual novels on both systems. I'm not saying they should release it on PS5/XSX I don't give a crap in all honesty, just weird seeing them omitted when it's releasing in 2024.

Fake

Omitting or just saying there is no PS5/Series X version? I not even a fan of the franchise, but I respect transparency.

Because there a loads of devs getting backlash about the PS5/Series X tag, but in fact are just BC version with 'unlocked' framerate patches. A PS5/Series X/S version is a game using the native APK from those respective machines, not a game running via BC with patches.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

They haven't mentioned anything. If it's anything like the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy it will remain as a bundle.

Does every game released on PS5 or Series X harness the power of the systems? There are plenty of visual novels on both systems. I'm not saying they should release it on PS5/XSX I don't give a crap in all honesty, just weird seeing them omitted when it's releasing in 2024.
They ommited it because they didn't want to confuse the PS4/XboxOne userbase. Every PS5/Xbox Series owner understands it will run on their system, it simply didn't need to be posted.

Top Bottom