• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is AC:BF on PS4 free?

Codiox

Just saw this in the US PSN store:

4CCqeLt.jpg

If you go on spotlight and then on deals and switch one site to the right there it shows black flag for free. But if you click on it it shows $15.

Maybe next ps+ game?

Next PS+ free game would make sense to promote the new AC game.
fuck yeah AAA (but why they only giving AAA games that can be found for $9.99 in bargain bins tho? Sony aint tryin')
Well we had a thread about this what people wanted, so problem solved.

delSai

Oh damn, Afro Samurai is 30 bucks? Uh, yeah, i will wait for it to be cheap.

On topic: Hope AC4 is not one of the Plus games cuz i already played it lol. Its a good game tho.

Hey guys, here's a 50-hour long Assassin's Creed game please buy our new Assass- hello? Anybody? Is anybody there? Oh, they've all gone away to play Black Flag. Who will buy our new game now?

That'd be pretty crappy since Assassin's Creed is having a franchise wide sale on PSN right now.

Yeah, this is just a mistake and means nothing.

I just hate that they didn't put the DLC on sale, wanted a nice deal on Freedom Cry DLC version. The standalone is only 25% off the DLC version now and will leave me with an incomplete Black Flag trophy list.

Also fuck you Ubisoft for making physical copy exclusive DLC that I need to pay $5 extra for because I got the game on PSN.

They actually did that with Assassin's Creed 3 on PS+ shortly before Black Flag came out. But that was back when PS+ was actually good instead of just monthly 5 dollar indies.

Tizoc

Hope this is still up in 3 hours' time when I get home >_>
Lets see if I can get it using the phone app otherwise.

I mean come on Black Flag is a decent pirate game at least!

wrowa

Yeah probably.

Fucking yawn.

Some people will be excited though because it's a triple a old game.

This idiotic mudslinging between people who'd rather see AAA/retail games on the service and people who like to have Indie-ish titles really needs to stop. It's incredibly childish.

I think it's just a mistake. If I look for it on the EU PS Store it only says -10% discount for PS+ members.
But I would gladly take it if it would be a PS+ game next month.

Madness

Yeah probably.

Fucking yawn.

Some people will be excited though because it's a triple a old game.

It was perhaps the best AC game in years, since Ac2. I liked it as much as, if not better than Brotherhood. Solid game. Was free on Xbox 360 already, and went free for Xbox One as well a while back.

TimmiT

They actually did that with Assassin's Creed 3 on PS+ shortly before Black Flag came out. But that was back when PS+ was actually good instead of just monthly 5 dollar indies.

You mean when PS+ had $15 AAA games that were at least a year old instead of new $15 games that are that price at launch?

FelipeMGM

Prob just a mistake, doesnt mean anything Ps Plus related IMO

You mean when PS+ had $15 AAA games that were at least a year old instead of new $15 games that are that price at launch?

Yeah, people dont realize we had 3 free games that were launching on that day last month. And we had OlliOlli2 and Rocket League for free on launch as well, and both have an 86 meta and are amazing games. They are better than most AAA released this year

Karu

Would be an awesome Plus-title. Probably a mistake, though (or just the 1-hr demo? Dunno if those exist on the Ps4 yet)

The game is two years old and dirt cheap now. I guess people will get excited over anything AAA.

That being said it was a very good game and probably the last AC I will play.

Setsuna

For people that have such an extreme hate for a series. You take every chance to go into every thread and shit talk it

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The amount of people that would rather this than good unique games makes me a bit sad.
Yea pirate games are the most common thing ever, especially ones that properly explore the era.... /s

2581524-1689591968-ac4_s.gif

Not because it's part of a series, but because it's part of a series of extremely similar games which hardly chaange up their gameplay at all from title to title.
The above gif is of AC4, I'd love to see this replicated in the other AC games.

Could be the next PS+ game listed early in error. Worth noting that it's £12/£10.80 on UK PSN this week though - could be that it's meant to be a slight discount but for some reason on the banner they accidentally entered 100% discount hence it's showing as free.

The only thing AAA about AC:BF was the budget and the number of people who worked on it. That game was b-level open world dumping ground of bullcrap, and a stark reminder that AC hasn't mattered one bit since 2. The ship combat, the only thing worth talking about, was serviceable at best. If this is one of the free PS+ games soon, then its a slap in the goddamned face and a detriment to the service.

EDIT:
For people that have such an extreme hate for a series. You take every chance to go into every thread and shit talk it

You're damned right I do. People need to be warned to not waste their time with such trash. If I save just one person the bandwidth from downloading this, then it will be worth it. j/k.

The reason I complain about it is because the series started off so promising, and then Ubisoft made it lame. If the series was always garbage (i.e. Dynasty Warriors) then I wouldn't care one way or another.

WITHE1982

As someone who is not a big fan of the franchise I thought Black Flag was very decent . I know I enjoyed it and played the shit out of it.

Very good game and, if it turns out that it's free, a fantastic chance for those who've not played it to give it a go.

P.S. Is all this AAA hate a direct result of the Indie hate being directed the other way?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Not because it's part of a series, but because it's part of a series of extremely similar games which hardly chaange up their gameplay at all from title to title.

What are you talking about, AC4 was massively different than the previous games. Point is a good game is a good game, no matter how unique it may or may not be. You better head over to the PES and FIFA threads and tell them their game is bad because it's similar to last years.

Yea pirate games are the most common thing ever, especially ones that properly explore the era.... /s

2581524-1689591968-ac4_s.gif

The above gif is of AC4, I'd love to see this replicated in the other AC games.

Whilst I agree with you on this topic, I'm fairly certain that could be replicated in AC Rogue ;)

Though it is beside the point.

Nice, while I enjoyed many of the PS+ Indie games, it's time to get some of them "traditional AAA retail" games.
Already have AC4 on disc though, Knack next please?

Hated Assassin's Creed 1. Got told 2 was brilliant so I tried and hated it. Picked up Black Flag cheap as the series' last chance to impress me, and it did. I love this game. It's so fun just to throw the narrative to the wind and go sailing, listen to shanties and hunt for treasure on deserted islands.

P.S. Is all this AAA hate a direct result of the Indie hate being directed the other way?

A lot of people here just really dislike the AC series. I'm not a big fan and BF was probably the last one I'll play, but I still enjoyed it.

The moaning between indie games and 'triple-A' games around PS+ does get pretty tiresome though.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The only thing AAA about AC:BF was the budget and the number of people who worked on it. That game was b-level open world dumping ground of bullcrap, and a stark reminder that AC hasn't mattered one bit since 2. The ship combat, the only thing worth talking about, was serviceable at best. If this is one of the free PS+ games soon, then its a slap in the goddamned face and a detriment to the service.
The ship combat is serviceable at best compared to what? There's also the matter that the narrative is pretty brilliant, (especially the handling of female characters).

A lot of people here just really dislike the AC series. I'm not a big fan and BF was probably the last one I'll play, but I still enjoyed it.

The moaning between indie games and 'triple-A' games around PS+ does get pretty tiresome though.
You'd think that people who care so much about either would just buy them instead of waiting for them to be free. Especially cheaper indie games, yes if they're so fun and unique then buy them instead of waiting months for them to be free. There isn't exactly a direct correlation between small budget and "unique" :/

LifEndz

I don't see it as free on the us store (website), but I'd love to have it again and go for the platinum. The sailing stuff and the crew breaking into song was so great at the time.

Top Bottom