• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] Ubisoft, building their future games: AC:S could end up broken or not.

-BLITZ-

I pointed out as RUMOR/RUMOUR because it was a chat after all.

I forgot all about this from last week. Firstly Admins can contact me for extended details to verify that I'm not making this up. I'm not going to tell from which department he is in, to keep his identity and the numbers that will follow anonymously.

Working employee of Ubisoft X country (I know which one). Told me that some hundreds of man hours was used to identify bugs/glitches while the numbers hit again, hundreds of them and when I'm saying this value, 100 - 200 is a minor thing in the course of the entire game progress build to present and more will probably follow.

He asked himself, addressed his own questions to me while I was listening to what he was saying: Following lines/questions:

"I don't know what we are doing here anymore, which department is building the game and what duty were given to take care off ? Us, verifying the next Assassin's Creed ( aka Syndicate ) of all it problems and then afterwards the other guys/gals assembles it when it suppose from the beginning that who is building the game, to not start with an already unstable build-(reffering as to the engine) ? Do we actually know what we have in front of us ? Are we actually building a game or the newest engines needs verification first (I mean we are trying to make a game on a engine that you cannot even call it yet that or else, an engine that doesn't understands yet what you want to do with him) to know eventually what we should do and from where to start with the set pieces, by making the game ?. Would have been much more better if the game will not have just one year limit, in particularly when a game is being build while the other is not even yet or close to finish (aka related to Unity).

He felt tired because was not about the job, but coming to know that in next day, the same state of nothing move on. Now, he can not predict if the game will come better than Unity and less problematic until the day of release, but if things stagnates at the same phase expect the worse to both performance and graphically level (the old image, posted below). Patches will roll in the course of months after the release instead of giving a little more time and not hurrying up the game.

As in some of Ubisoft games that lately faced with graphical downgrades, bugy scripts, codes aka the letdown of Watch_Dogs, if things will not take a drastic change inside the Company, more of their AAA titles could follow the same situation in the future.

Because of this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1116332

Apologize for bad writing and confusing. Here are some clear explanations:

I think he's saying that they don't know where the engine ends and the game begins when it comes to work.

As far as I can tell, it's the least surprising thing imaginable. Ubisoft's game making factory is still pushing itself too far trying to make yearly AC games since the engine is fundamentally busted and Syndicate could suffer because of it. This all pretty apparent looking from the outside.

The trick to reading this is just to skim through it rather than dwelling on individual words or sentences.

The OP appears to be saying that he has a friend who is working on AC Syndicate. The said friend suggested the design team was being ordered to build the game when the game engine was not yet in a developer-friendly state.

This could lead to a sequel (in more than one sense) to AC Unity scenario.

images

Boem

I sort of get what you're saying (AC:S will be fucked an require a lot of patches), but I'm afraid that was a very confusing read.

McDougles

They're mentioning a game that's under embargo, correct?

I don't think anyone has a copy of Syndicate yet, with the whole it being a month away from release.

KAOz

Short bus special
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I think the OP need to re-read and do a slight rewrite.

I'm going to assume there's an English-as-a-second-language issue going on with this thread. That title says absolutely nothing in its current state.

But assuming what you're saying is that things look pretty similar to last year, it sounds like AC:S is going to be in rough shape. I'm surprised, honestly. Seems like they wouldn't let that happen two years in a row. Unless this is just the way of things now for the franchise.

Don't like 2500 people have a hand in making each AC game at this point?

Aren't they aware that their way of making games is clearly having a detrimental impact on the games development when nobody has a fucking clue what is going on?

hoserx

I definitely have a headache from trying to piece that together........I hope for ubisoft's sake that the new AC isn't anything like the mess Unity was.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
#NeverForget
Never forget that one glitch that 1% of players, (no really, the number may actually be less than 50), experienced with a very specific combination of pc hardware? I feel like the OP was translated from a different language.

KingBroly

Banned
So...

He's tired of ending the workday with the game looking one way and then coming back the next day with it looking like something else.

And that making AC games have become so intertwined when it comes to work that there's a lot of crossover, causing confusion and fatigue.

Gator86

Ubi might actually manage to kill this franchise. Back to back broken, underwhelming titles will drag this franchise way down from what they're banking on. What a fucking disaster.

Kysen

No console bundling this year means Ubis' wallet will finally take a hit. Releasing unfinished garbage year in year out.

KarmaCow

I've tried reading this a couple of times and forgive me but I can't make sense of what you're saying.

As far as I can tell, it's the least surprising thing imaginable. Ubisoft's game making factory is still pushing itself too far trying to make yearly AC games since the engine is fundamentally busted and Syndicate could suffer because of it. This all pretty apparent looking from the outside.

I think he's saying that they don't know where the engine ends and the game begins when it comes to work.

That's what I got out of it, nobody knows what they are developing anymore because the lines between production and pre-production of the game has become so muddled that you don't know if your work on the engine is actually a fix for the current game or is going to be implemented in the next.

At least that's what I think OP was saying.

I-hate-u

Ubisoft is trying their hardest to kill their number one franchise, aren't they? I won't say that AC might be dead, but that franchise will be tarnished greatly if Syndicate is a mess like the one before.

This post may be more buggy than the Ubisoft game it is supposedly about.

But thanks for posting it nonetheless.

Brutal.

Also I didn't understand your post OP. I tried re-reading it and no luck. You need to heavily patch it up like Ubisoft games themselves are nowadays.

Best wishes.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
No console bundling this year means Ubis' wallet will finally take a hit. Releasing unfinished garbage year in year out.
This isn't even week old news...
assassins-creed-ps4.jpg

There he is.

Get some coffee, there are long workdays and a release ahead of you.
I'm just stating a fact. Coffee is bad for you. And yes there are long workdays ahead. Three hours a day at least. For an entire year. ._. But that's not video game related per se.

Top Bottom