• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...I had a weird "nocturnal enuresis" moment this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, back in College, I had a few sporadic episodes where after a night of heavy-drinking, I passed out and ended up having a serious nocturnal enuresis (aka bed-wetting) accident that absolutely devastated me. I hadn't wet the bed in years, and I was worried that something was seriously wrong with me, but I also imagined the alcohol played a big part, and for a couple of years now I've limited how much I drank at night and haven't had any such issue since.

Until this morning (around 7:00 or so?), where I awoke after having a ton of weird bathroom dreams to a wet sensation and a need to empty my bladder. When I had the episodes back in college, there was no mistake I had an accident---my bed was completely soaked, but this time was different. Only the back of my right leg and boxers felt wet, otherwise I was dry. There was a small wet spot on my comforter I sleep on, but it didn't go through and stain the sheets (like what happened last time), and it didn't smell like urine. The rest of my bed and clothing feels completely dry. I quickly ran to the bathroom, and had to go pretty badly, and then went back to sleep since I was very tired. I woke up a few hours ago, and felt otherwise normal.

I'm confused as to whether this was a bed-wetting incident, or if for some reason I was simply sweating and mistook it for a nocturnal enuresis since my room was rather hot when I went to bed? I can't think of any reason this would've happened---I haven't been drinking in months, last night I didn't drink a significant amount of liquid before bed and went to the bathroom before going to sleep like normal. The only possible thing I can think of is that I've been waking up around 6:30 so recently due to work, and around 7:00 is when I usually go to the bathroom---is it possible my mind was so set with that schedule it messed up my bladder? But it seems weird I leaked in a way that only the bottom of my leg would be wet---so I don't know what's going on. Anyone ever experience a wetting incident like this where it was localized in a specific location?

komplanen

Sometimes I have dreams where I'm having trouble peeing and I try and try but only small drops come out. Then I wake up with a full bladder and it can take me a good minute or so of frantically tapping the mattress to be sure I didn't wet my bed. I mean the amount of effort I put in it on the dream side had to traslate to something IRL but nah, dry sheets and all.

Then last week I wet my bed but I blame the flu and ear infection. It was the first time in as far as I remember.

Icefire1424

I have to agree with group think here - are you sure your dreams didn't involve some sort of sexytimes? Nocturnal emission certainly seems plausible.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nah, it definately wasn't a wet dream I think...I mean, I feel like you can easily tell when that happens, and it was moist, but wasn't sticky.

I'm really starting to think it was just a weird sweat, because everything's pretty dry now. Still, I'm kind of afraid to go to bed and have this happen again...

Sounds like sweat to me. I've had bouts of that for whatever godawful reason. Wake up feeling sticky in various spots, but not in the ones that indicate you pissed the bed.

In my case, it's either because my giant ass cat slept on me all night or I'm getting sick.

But now and then it just happens. Stressful dreams, perhaps?

You wet the bed a tiny bit, but you caught yourself/woke up right when it started. The dream/need to pee right as you woke up was the giveaway. The dreaming of peeing thing is extremely common, and specific, to wetting the bed.

If you had a night sweat, you'd fucking know.

Man, toilet dreams are seriously the worst.

But I guess you woke up right when the floodgates were about to open? Not too sure.

v1lla21

slob on my knob like corn on the cob
check in with me and do your job
Lay on the bed and give me head
dont have to ask dont have to beg

thefit

Yo when I get really fucked up I don't even bother to go to the bathroom I just piss in the bedroom or so my wife tells me she then has to grab me like a grown ass kid and help me piss. My point is don't fucking worry about it alcohol makes you do lots of stupid shit. The good part is sometimes you black out and don't remember shit so it doesn't count or in your mind it never happened. Drink up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom