• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Development Portal just opened

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
https://developer.nintendo.com/home

I know that the current talk of the town is the WSJ's article about NX, but this is (IMHO) on the same level of relevance. Basically, this is the new portal for developers and publishers, substituting WarioWorld.com (we'll miss ya, old friend!).
As you can see, the main categories are

- Game Developers
- Tool Developers
- Publishers

These are the current quotes that ekim highlighted from the site

From the new Dev portal:

Our new website makes publishing simple

This new website had one goal—to make your lives easier. We’re hard at work making more and better tools to help you self-publish, digitally publish, and publish at retail.
Our plans are big, because yours are

We’ll soon have advanced project tracking and ROM submission, project-based message boards and more, helping you with every step—from concept, to publish, to counting your accolades. And as always, you’ll have the best global developer support team ever, right from the start, making the Nintendo Developer Portal your go-to resource.

Nintendo Dev Interface

Our newest gem in the box is the NDI Client. NDI stands for Nintendo Dev Interface, but it’s really going to be your new best friend. The NDI Client will help make sure you have the optimal development environment on your development system — by downloading and installing it all for you! You can tailor it to the platform you’re developing for, the SDK you want, even the region you’re working in. It allows easy download of all the relevant guidelines and documentation you need to do your work. It even allows you to update the firmware of certain development kits.

What's GAF's opinion on the brand new site, and the outlined policies? Is there anything else note-worthy?

Let's get...um...physical if old.

FZZ

Banned
Let the leaks begin

big-leak8.jpg

SuprDuperFly

Neo Member
To be clear, publishing a game on a Nintendo platform won't be as stringent now?

EDIT:Scratch that, you won't get a physical kit without the proper credentials.

So E-shop only for the non-initiated.

I expect Nintendo is aiming to have third party demos ready well in advance for E3, as opposed to a bunch of franchise logos on a powerpoint slide. Let's hope.

Hopefully they sort out their CS around this - took them months to reply to me about getting a JS framework working on their NWF. Site looks nice though.

entremet

Nintendo has made great strides with indie relations, heralded by Dan Edelman in the Wii/DS generation.

I really do hope that continues as is buffeted with big publishers too.

AdanVC

Exciting times ahead for Nintendo. Well at least I hope so.

At least more than their last one

warioworld_current_screenshot.jpg

This was their previous website for devs?? my god...No wonder why 3rd parties walked away of Nintendo. That looks like an early 2000s fan page website.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
warioworld is still up, and this new site seems purely focused on developers. WW encompassed actual retail publishing too. I don't think it's replaced.

Top Bottom