• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Land's End |OT| Monument Valley devs on Gear VR

Man

Seems like GearVR lucked out with a small launch gem. I have finished 3 out of
5?
chapters so far and I'm very impressed. Land's End is a first person puzzle adventure (think middleground between Journey and Monument Valley) on Gear VR. It's expertly polished with established VR-laws in-mind, atmospheric with impressive visuals and totally comfortable. The pay-off near the end of chapter 3 was breathtaking. Goes to show what's possible to do in this new medium using a smartphone. While I haven't finished the game yet the levels are increasingly large and I would guess that this delivers a couple of hours long quality experience (multiplied by number of people you share this with, you will want to!). Fits any age.

Platform: Samsung Gear VR (powered by Oculus)
Release date: Out now worldwide.
Price: $7.99
Gear VR is releasing November 20th in the US at $99. Very soon (before end of year) in the rest of the world. You will need a 2015 Samsung mobile in addition.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCoR35sXM2w

http://www.landsendgame.com/

It's the featured game on the Gear VR / Oculus Mobile storefront and seems like a favorite among Oculus founder Palmer Luckey.

[Polygon] Land's End is one of the best VR games so far, this is how it was created

lescreen_2015-11-06_15-38-17.png

LandsEnd_Sept16_05_9560x4000.png

LandsEnd_Sept16_02_9560x4000.png

Man

John Carmack tweeted:
@ID_AA_Carmack: Land's End is great VR! I had a great time playing through; I'm really proud to see quality like this showing up on Gear VR.

Man

Completed the experience. It was really well made and the ending was beautiful.
It has a small story to it but just as a framework to deliver some nice visuals.
It's short like expected but I feel that it was the right decision as it's an optimal introduction to VR and everyone will get something out of this.

Blizzard

Banned
Are Gear VR games anyway compatible with Google Cardboard?
I was wondering if they were compatible with the Oculus Rift, since it's associated with Oculus. I'm guessing not? It almost feels like they're undercutting one of their headsets if they are doing GearVR exclusives.

The game looks nice. The visuals remind me of The Witness or Firewatch, and I like the look of those games too.

Top Bottom