• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Study declares your cat is trying to murder you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wag

http://www.9news.com/story/life/pets/2015/10/29/cats-can-be-neurotic/74808046/

KUSA - Cats. They're awesome. They're cuddly. And, according to new research, they are neurotic.

Researchers from the University of Edinburgh teamed with the Bronx Zoo to compare the personalities of the domestic house cat to those of different types of wildcats. In order to better understand cat personalities, cat experts rated a number of animals' behaviors using the "Big-Five" human personality traits:

Openness to Experience
Conscientiousness
Extraversion/Introversion
Agreeableness
Neuroticism

From the "no shit" category of science- So essentially if you owned a 50lb house cat you'd be breakfast.🙀

Your beds trying to kill you
Cats are trying to kill you
Food will kill you

Just pack it up, it's all over. Humanity is finished.

ExVicis

The only thing stopping a bad guy with a bed is a good guy with a bed.
We need more pro bed-carrying laws!

Also I figured Cats were murderous. They're barely domesticated as far as I'm concerned. If cats figured they could take us they wouldn't even hesitate.

Vegito

Banned
Your beds trying to kill you
Cats are trying to kill you
Food will kill you

Just pack it up, it's all over. Humanity is finished.

Bqjt8hc.jpg

Makai

I'm guessing cats are:

High Openness
Low Conscientiousness
Low Extroversion
Low Agreeableness
High Neuroticism

Replicant

All I know is that they do tend to develop MPD if they don't get what they want.

My cat can go from cuddly and clingy to wanting to chew my hand all of a sudden. One moment he wants me to pet him and another moment he turns annoyed when I do it again.

Yrael

Funnily enough, this was reported by ABC Australia last month with the headline: "Is your cat trying to kill you? Probably not, but it does share personality traits with the African lion."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-...lion-but-it-is-not-trying-to-kill-you/6903064

Researchers at Edinburgh University worked in collaboration with the Bronx Zoo to compare the behaviour of domestic cats with their much larger, wild relatives and found the two shared strikingly similar personality traits.

But although the cat may essentially be a miniature lion, one of the researchers, Marieke Gartner, has cleared up just how far those similarities go — and whether your dearly beloved pet views you as prey or not.

To suggest your cat actually wants to kill you would be "a pretty far stretch", Dr Gartner told CNET.

"Cats don't want to bump you off," she said.

"But people often don't know how to treat them and then are surprised by their behaviour."

Well, we've already designated every type of human behavior under the sun as some sort of psychological disorder. Guess it's time to start pigeonholing everything other animals do as some sort of aberrant psychosis now.

Next up: Plants are lurking menaces that thrive on the death and decay of other life forms! If your potted flower could behead you, eat your still beating heart, and suck the marrow from your bones as your last moments of consciousness were a symphony of pain and suffering, it probably would! Science, yo!

Anyway, I'm off to vote unironically for one of the unambiguously sociopathic power mongers we call "political leaders". I personally favor the one who has the platitudes that best hide their utter contempt for the vast swath of humanity! *tap dances out*

xenist

That's why I like cats more than dogs. Wolves would hang their head in shame at seeing what submissive bitches dogs have become.

Ryaaan14

Banned
It's a known fact that domestic cats eat the corpses of their dead owners.

If that's not clue enough for u then idk what is

Edit: Proud cat owner

Bert409

Cats aren't the ones attempting to maul babies every week, despite being capable to doing so. I'd trust a Maine Coon over a Pit Bull any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom