• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Trump. It's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looking at recent polls it seems that President Trump is now a real possibility.

How will America and the world handle it. I used to think he was a bit of a clown but I'm not so sure.

What say you GAF.

I rarely ever vote, but I will definitely get off my ass to vote for anyone other than this joke of a human being when the time comes.

Americans voted George Dubya Bush into power after he'd already been in the job for 4 years, so I'm fully expecting the living embodiment of everything wrong with the country to get elected too.

At least comedians will have a second golden age before we all die though.

i've played fallout 4 so i'm prepared

150709211727-trump-on-obama-birthplace-sot-cooper-ac-00001004-large-169.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It would be a disaster and an embarrassment for the American People. But it's not happening. If he wins the primaries though, it's first and foremost a disaster and an embarrassment for the Republican Party.

Foffy

Banned
There's still a fundamental difference between the primary and the general election

Yes, but people run on fear and incredibly short term knee jerks.

The man is a national crisis away that risks his regressive nonsense from becoming a larger and larger force. He's going to be the guy who gains from the shooting this week, just like he was with the Paris attacks.

Fear is an incredible tool to make one ignorant and hasty.

G.O.O.

I don't believe it will happen. When even the GOP tries to prevent him from winning the primary, you know it's not looking good for the general election.

pa22word

Americans voted George Dubya Bush into power after he'd already been in the job for 4 years, so I'm fully expecting the living embodiment of everything wrong with the country to get elected too.

At least comedians will have a second golden age before we all die though.

Bush didn't really beat Kerry, kerry mostly beat kerry....

Aegus

The idea of him having a say in the deployment of nuclear weapons is nightmare fuel.

Also I just realised I'm going to have the president's golf course 5 miles away. FUUUUUUUCK.

You know how in some post apocalyptic world stories, you are never told how the world ended? Well this is what I imagine the prologue to those stories is.

But in all seriousness, if Trump really does get elected the result will either be terrifying, hilarious, or dull. But at least it'll be an eye opener for some people.

Calderc

If it happens, the rest of the World should come together ostracizing and shunning America. You will have shown you can't be trusted to be part of a civilised world.

Osahi

They will probably find a way to impeach him before he has the time to say "you're fired"

Then revolution happens

pa22word

You know how in some post apocalyptic world stories, you are never told how the world ended? Well this is what I imagine the prologue to those stories is.

But in all seriousness, if Trump really does get elected the result will either be terrifying, hilarious, or dull. But at least it'll be an eye opener for some people.

Hilariously enough, one of the setups for an apocalyptic future used by Stephen king was Goldwater winning and nuking north Vietnam.

I imagine in the future a trump presidency will be used by many a millennial authors in the future to set up a post-apocalypse story ;)

Betty

Banned
If the election was held right now, he would have zero chance, he only appeals to the far, far, far right.

However, between now and next November, there will undoubtedly be more terrorist attacks, and if any of those attacks happen on American shores with a high body count, the fear that will be cultivated could see him elected.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
He seems like he understands the average person pretty well.

That's what I'm thinking. He's clearly a successful business man. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad for America.

El-Suave

If he were a German politician his career would have ended after his first offensive remark and he would have been sued left and right already probably looking at heavy fines or even worse. Time in prison would seem more likely than time in office. It's insane to me that a people can entertain the thought of letting such a lunatic run its country. The US would face some tough times internationally if he were to be elected.

Looking at recent polls it seems that President Trump is now a real possibility.

How will America and the world handle it. I used to think he was a bit of a clown but I'm not so sure.

What say you GAF.

Would be scary if he was even a contender.

Some of the things he says are on a Hitler/Nazi level.

cyberheater

If he were a German politician his career would have ended after his first offensive remark and he would have been sued left and right already probably looking at heavy fines or even worse. Time in prison would seem more likely than time in office. It's insane to me that a people can entertain the thought of letting such a lunatic run its country. The US would face some tough times internationally if he were to be elected.

You are talking about a country that voted in Bush. Twice!

Anything is possible.

pa22word

If the election was held right now, he would have zero chance, he only appeals to the far, far, far right.

However, between now and next November, there will undoubtedly be more terrorist attacks, and if any of those attacks happen on American shores with a high body count, the fear that will be cultivated could see him elected.

Doubtful, as hillary has a very hawkish side that she's hiding in the primaries from the bleeding hearts in order to hold onto the nom without much fuss.

If needed, she could easily double back around again and revert back to hawk Hilary to counter whatever bullshit trump craps out, because the far left will vote for her in the general regardless.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
from the other side of the pond, I really hope Trump does not get into power..

him and Cameron together , arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

from the other side of the pond, I really hope Trump does not get into power..

him and Cameron together , arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

I can't imagine what would happend when Trump and Putin would meet..

But I guess him and Berlusconi, if the Italians would dig him out again, would like each other.

pa22word

Anything is possible.

Once*

Plus, it was in the middle of a war and against a candidate who flopped on the big stage.

Dont get me wrong, I would have vastly preferred a kerry presidency, but the man blew it. Dems were handed one of the easiest incumbent knockdowns since Herbert Hoover and proceeded to play prevent defense the entire back half while bush drove the ball down the field and won the game.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

Anything is possible.

Which is why I kinda stopped laughing about this Trump crap. Even if he only has a tiny chance, he has already gone farther than most people expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom