• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation VR "Cable" Features Power, Volume, Mic Controls

Per VR Focus
http://vrfocus.com/archives/26141/p...er-volume-mic-controls-first-images-revealed/

while it’s hard to work out the markings for each on-screen, they feature icons relating to volume control, a microphone input and a power button. These are all featured on the cable that leads into the kit’s additional power unit.

PSVRCable3.jpg

Danlord

PSVRCable4.jpg

Is that PU on the right? Looks like another PS4.

Yeah that's the Processing Unit.

To pre-empt anyone that mentions this box, NO this Processing Unit cannot increase the power of the PS4 to make VR games better for PS4. It only handles 3D Audio, HDMI splitting (to the VR headset and TV_), un-warping the image to the TV and processing VR sensor data.

trebbble

To pre-empt anyone that mentions this box, NO this Processing Unit cannot increase the power of the PS4 to make VR games better for PS4. It only handles 3D Audio, HDMI splitting (to the VR headset and TV_), un-warping the image to the TV and processing VR sensor data.

Thanks, I was just about to ask about its capabilities :)

Why it so big then? Bigger than first version... I really think. that it could give additional processing power for complex games.

Nafai1123

Banned
Haha my buddy and I were at the RIGS booth and we could've sworn they were secretly using PS4 slims or something because they looked way smaller. Glad I'm not going crazy.

Danlord

Why it so big then? Bigger than first version... I really think. that it could give additional processing power for complex games.

No.

The box design has changed since they've finalised the internal components, and perhaps an aesthetic redesign was to bring consistency in the design of the box, since it looks more like a PS4 shell, going from glossy to matte which the newer PS4's have also done.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Thus increasing the power of the PS4, HDMI splitting aside as that need extra hardware by default, because processing sensors data and doing full 3D audio processing is still precious time when you are trying to render a full frame in 6-7 ms.

Nikodemos

Thus increasing the power of the PS4, HDMI splitting aside as that need extra hardware by default, because processing sensors data and doing full 3D audio processing is still precious time when you are trying to render a full frame in 6-7 ms.
This.

By moving tasks away from the PS4's GPU/CPUs, the box does actually increase the PS4's raw bit crunching capabilities.

Top Bottom