• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK: Rainbow Six bomba, debut at no. 6 with less than ~76k units

AHA-Lambda

Using this we have:
1) FIFA 16 - 149,742 (-41%)
2) Blops 3 - 136,476 (-32%)
3) SWB - 102,960 (-34%)
4) Just Cause 3
5) Fallout 4 - 75,993 (-27%)
6) Rainbow Six: Siege

From PAL thread

For reference Ubi want 7m units lifetime sales
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1044955

Also FWIW, Steamspy has the game sitting at 73000 owners on Steam but it is also available on UPlay directly.

I just checked Steamspy, and the game is at 73,416 ± 8,180. That's very, very low. So yeah, 7 million lifetime won't happen.

Edit: I also saw AC Syndicate sales. Jesus fuck! It's even more pathetic, only 47,477 ± 5,355?

black070

Should've stuck with the original concept me thinks, though from what I hear, the game itself is pretty good.

eFKac

Is it that bad? It doesn't seem terrible, although that Ubi expectation is not happening.

Edit. I'm asking about sales numbers in the OP obviously, not the quality of the game.

thebloo

Is SteamSpy relevant for Ubisoft games? Pretty much any method of buying except Steam will not be on Steam.

T.E.D

Banned
December isn't exactly the best time of the year to release something - and an FPS at that...particularly given what has launched lately too.

IvanJ

Banned
As I expected.
Release date delay, beta troubles and delays, no single player campaign...
This game had a bomb written all over it.

Theorry

Anyone not see this coming?

Unless you only ever play with a dedicated and full team of friends, it will be awful.

Even then. Its only fun against other full teams of friends. On console nobody uses voip anymore. So random teams getting smacked by full teams with communication.

AHA-Lambda

Is SteamSpy relevant for Ubisoft games? Pretty much any method of buying except Steam will not be on Steam.

Yeah I've edited to make my statement clearer, but still Steam's market share of the PC market is huge so it's got to be worth noting though.

Really felt like one of those below-the-radar releases, despite being quite the established IP. I barely knew it was out.

Grimløck;188245523 said:
damn.

that's like double tomb raider right?

But considering R6 is on the ps4 and PC, without something like Fallout overshadowing the game. This is still kinda bad. If nothing else 2015 was the year where single player games reestablished their vitality.

Keasar

Despite having a lot of fun playing it, I can see it not going over well with a lot of people when lacking singleplayer (a staple in Rainbow Six since days of yore).

autoduelist

I've heard nothing but amazing things about it from people on my friends list playing it... if I hadn't just spent the bank on BF i'd be all over it.

SomTervo

Really sad.

It's a bloody great game. More refreshing than any multiplayer shooter I've played in years.

And it actually has a fantastic singleplayer/co-op component, too. More like a puzzle game segment (Situations) and a sandbox action segment (Terrorist Hunt).

Such a tragedy.

Try harder Ubisoft, and then maybe your games won't tank.

It is a phenomenally designed, clever, and very fun game.

Please don't say things like this. Like "try harder". Doesn't contribute anything.

E-flux

I don't really see how R6 could have topped any of those franchises, it's a good game but for fairly long R6 was a niche series so that i don't see it topping anything Bethesda makes let alone Star Wars..
My hopes are in the E-sports basket, hopefully it will be a hit there and get an audience that way.

Single player campaign is still important for a lot of players. Hopefully Ubisoft and EA learned their lesson.

Uhm Battlefront did just fine without Singleplayer. And i dont get why people want another Singleplayer Shooter campaign from DICE. They arent that good with that. They got something right with the Bad Company games, but BF3 and BF4 were just awful.

I rather have more focus on MP than on a 4-6 hours campaign

It's thin on content out of the box, it's an incredibly 'hardcore' game that doesn't make itself particularly accessible to new or solo players and the mainstream marketing cycle for it was super short.

Anybody who though this game would anything but a niche title that a relatively small, passionate group of fans loved were kidding themselves (or just lying to stockholders to keep their share prices up)....

jelly

Not bad considering the top 5 and it might be a slow burner as word of mouth spreads but they need to support it well. I think if they don't rush a sequel could do very well with a meaty game next time in two years.

A series loved for its single player campaigns goes multiplayer-only, the same season titles like SW Battlefront, Halo 5 and BLOPS2 came out. How surprising.

Theorry

Uhm Battlefront dud just fine without Singleplayer. And i dont get why people want another Singleplayer Shooter campaign from DICE. They arent that good with that. They got something right with the Bad Company games, but BF3 and BF4 were just awful.

I never understand it also. MP only games are frowned upon and SP only games arent.
I have more time played in most MP only games then SP only games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Really bad year for Ubisoft... All their fall games underperforming and Vivendi trying to take over the company... Yikes.

Uhm Battlefront dud just fine without Singleplayer. And i dont get why people want another Singleplayer Shooter campaign from DICE. They arent that good with that. They got something right with the Bad Company games, but BF3 and BF4 were just awful.

Off topic, but the amount of content, and more importantly, the depth of gameplay makes the argument for Sw:B's multiplayer only focus unjustified.

Top Bottom