• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ronda Rousey on loss - "It might be 3 to 6 months before I can eat an apple"

Status
Not open for further replies.
ronda-rousey-1-435.jpg

Ronda Rousey has given her first interview since her loss to Holly Holm to ESPN and she will be on the cover of the upcoming ESPN the magazine. A preview has been put up and here's a few quotes. Sounds like Holm messed her up bad.

"It might be three to six months before I can eat an apple, let alone take an impact." 

"Maybe I can't do it all before my prime, before my body is done," she says. "But f--- it, maybe I can." 

http://www.people.com/article/ronda-rousey-holly-holm-fight-sad-defeat

Also seems likely a rematch isn't happening any time soon then.

Kevyt

What's wrong with apples?

Green apples are the GOAT, lots of fiber in it. Or at least, a significant source of fiber.

studyguy

What's wrong with apples?

Green apples are the GOAT, lots of fiber in it. Or at least, a significant source of fiber.

Her jaw is what's wrong with apples I guess.
How hard does one have to hit you fuck up teeth in a mouth guard got damn.

bjork

This never would've happened if she had just touched gloves.

Hope she can bounce back, though. I know she's not hurting for money or endorsements and whatnot, but if you want to fight and you can't, that's tough to deal with, I'm sure.

I mean shit, Holly Holm went Saitama on her face. Hard to come back from that

also why did is large part of this "interview" composed of pewvious interviews with little to no coherence in topic?

Tryxx

After that first performance holly holm kept the distance so well and just picked her apart. The same thing is gonna happen in the rematch. Rouseys boxing is not good and she could not get close at all to holm. Same result and I really don't think she can take another loss, will most likely retire after the second loss to her.

Beaulieu

criticizing fighters for having big egos is fucking ridiculous.
what do you guys think about muhammad ali ? or was it ok because he was a man ?

studyguy

Mayweather says hello. Dude went 49 without a loss and took shit the entire way. Ironically enough the same type of fan who was pulling for someone, anyone, to KO Mayweather were probably the same kind of fair weather fan waiting for Rousey to get KO'd so they could also talk shit.

Shit's a rough career. I don't envy athletes in that kind of position.

Bubba T

Big mouths take big risks for big rewards.

Ali talked mess because he was the best and backed it up. Mayweather is the same way. It has little to do with her gender.

I mean shit, Holly Holm went Saitama on her face. Hard to come back from that

also why did is large part of this "interview" composed of pewvious interviews with little to no coherence in topic?

Because its a preview. ESPN hasnt released the full interview yet.

Jumeira

Banned
Noone in their prime doesn't get brutalised like that, she's reached her peak, but now she's done.

Cry moar Joe

Ali talked shit then buried bodies, and these are some of the best fighters in the game. And he didn't stop there, he was part of a movement, its embarrassing youd compare him to Rousey, who isn't even the best in the game.

Big egos being knocked down a peg has always been a staple of any entertainment or sports medium.

that's one aspect of viewership that transcends gender.

also there is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. Ronda crossed the line with the weigh in antics and glove touching for a lot of people.

Because its a preview. ESPN hasnt released the full interview yet.

i guess i'll have to buy the mag to see how ronda's body relates to her loss :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom