• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAST Racing NEO |OT| When Everyone's Fast, No One Will Be

VcVVcmK.jpg

You: Man, Mario Kart is fun but I wish I could just go faster. I want to feel the wind through my hair. Maybe Nintendo could make some sort of futuristic racer

Shin'en: lol we got this

FAST Racing NEO takes you through sci-fi worlds in your anti-gravity vehicle at a smooth 60 frames per second (if you're into that kind of thing).

• Release date: Dec. 10, 2015
  • Platform: Wii U
  • Download size: 590 MB (8GB Wii U owners rejoice)
  • Multiplayer: Yes! Online multiplayer with up to 8 players and local splitscreen with up to 4 players
Price:

• USD $14.99
  • EUR €14.99
  • CAD $19.99
  • GBP £10.99
  • AUD $22.49

Screenshots

Videos
1080p 60FPS trailer
18 minute gameplay video from Polygon
NintendoLife going over "Hero Mode" gameplay

Extra Stuff
Nintendolife has a few articles about FRN that are worth checking out
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

OT titles that almost made it:
"FASTen your seatbelts"
"Fast and the F-Zeroless"
"The FASTest game on the Wii U"
"So FAST you can't even see the shadows"

Ahhh man, "Zero F's Given" would have been the perfect OT title for this. Whoever came up with that is a genius.

Really excited for this game.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So where do I input my.. NNID-o-thingie?

Ahhh man, "Zero F's Given" would have been the perfect OT title for this. Whoever came up with that is a genius.

I've seen worse OT titles than the one OP picked, but he really dropped the ball. Zero Fs Given was the superior choice.

Griss

Most important info for me:

-Roughly how many tracks are there
-Are they all in different environments
-Does the game have racing inside and outside of tubes like F-Zero GX?

I'll probably pick the game up either way (15 bucks is amazing for a game that looks this good), but this stuff would sway me.

Cheers.

EDIT: Zero F's Given is amazing, lol.

Omnicent

I need to figure out how I'm going to balance this and XCX.
Will probaly use XCX to take a break from the brutal speed tiers (going by the reviews).

I look forward to racing with fellow gaffers tomorrow

I'll probably pick the game up either way (15 bucks is amazing for a game that looks this good), but this stuff would sway me.

Cheers.

-Pretty much, variety is strong
-Not really but you can high on some of the tracks giving an anti-gravity feel

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Repeating myself from the review thread, no indie game had yet a midnight release on eshop. Best chances are for tomorrow when the eshop refreshes.

Lunar15

Cheers.

1. 16, from what I can tell. There's 3 different speed levels though, so they all feel different as you move up the ladder.

2. As far as I could tell, yes? I mean, they all look pretty different.

3. A little bit, but nothing remotely similar to how it is in F-Zero GX. At best there's a small strip of a track with tubes on one or two levels.

The tracks are really good though, and are designed with the polarity swapping in mind. Once again, I much prefer F-Zero GX, but your money isn't going to waste here.

Xbudz

I would have pre-purchased this is I could.
Does anyone know when it's going live?

I'm hoping 9pm PST, but that's how Xbox works- I have no idea when Nintendo launches digital titles.

Edit:
Probably not. eShop updates at Noon Eastern.

DAMNIT.

My Most anticipated game for Wii U this month. My eshop wallet is ready

"Zero F's Given" was dope. Also "So FAST you can't even see the shadows" is genius

marmoka

Banned
Only 600 MB???? Are you kidding??

Sold!! I was worried I wouldn't have any space left after downloading Xenoblade data packs.

Pinky

Banned

Yeah, "Zero F's Given" would've been perfect. Oh well. Tomorrow is the day. Can't wait to download this!

Roo

Meh at the title..
On the other hand I'm glad you didn't go with the lame shadow joke so there's that.

Anyway, can't fucking wait! See you guys there :D

fernoca

gotta sleep fast to awaken fast for the release tomorrow morning!

or is it happening at midnight? :D
Nope.
eShop/indies don't have midnight releases, so it will go live the moment the store update is live on your region. (9AM PST is US for example)

El Sloth

Banned
Never heard of this game before, but it looks rad as f. Not bad for only $15 too!

And a game in 2015 with actual 4 player splitscreen? In there.

My only real complaints about the original was that I found it slightly bothersome to constantly switch between the 2 color pads. It took away from the racing, imo. Plus they liked to throw oddly placed obstructions in the racing path on some courses. That got really annoying.

Wish there was a demo for this.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I can't see how I can refuse at that price.

neto

I can't wait to play this, too bad I am poor right now, probably will buy in january or after Christmas

Top Bottom