• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Star Fox by Platinum backfire?

People requested, it's happening but there's no hype. Why is that?

Did Star Fox by Platinum backfire? I think the game looks really tragic.

Justinh

aren't they only CO-developing it? I thought it was going to be a while until release anyways. I mean, Star Fox wasn't ever really that big, was it? I bet there will be at least some hype near release.

TheJoRu

It doesn't look great, but personally I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I think there's still potential for Nintendo/Platinum to turn people around on it and ultimately make it a really good game.

Because Platinum Games is just doing the technical side, not the production.

Instead, we get Miyamoto shoehorning stupid ideas.

LewieP

Too soon to say, but I certainly feel like giving it longer in the oven (even given the delay), and maybe even planning it as an NX launch title, would be the better option than not giving Platinum long enough to deliver a product up to their usual standard.

Of course we don't yet know if it wont be up to Platinum's usual standard.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
People requested, it's happening but there's no hype. Why is that?

first, like five people requested it. nintendo fans request nintendo revive all manner of franchises. you still see serious requests that nintendo revive it.

second, the game got delayed, so it's not time to do the full court marketing press yet.

third, the game is launching for a dead console, so there's a fairly low sales ceiling.

finally, platinum is a large independent dev in an industry very hostile to large independent devs. adding another project keeps the doors open. that's not a backfire from their pov.

I think it'll be one of those Nintendo games that initially looks bad/stupid, but then turns out to be amazing. Nintendo are masters at underselling their games.

See A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario Galaxy, both games received strong backlash, both games turned into the best games of their respective generations.

Sayad

Game has no budget, from what we've seen, being made by Platinum is the only thing it has going for it.

They tried to rush it, then held back to polish it. This thread is way premature, it's not even out until April and nobody knows what it will look like when it's done.

From my understanding its almost a star fox 64 remake or something like that. SF64 was already remade for the 3ds so why would anyone be hyped about playing the same game a 3rd time? But even if it wasnt supposedly a remake the game still looks pretty boring from what we've seen. Id like a sequel to something star fox assult, i liked that game a lot + the multiplayer is a blast imo

RPGamer92

Banned
I think it'll be one of those Nintendo games that initially looks bad/stupid, but then turns out to be amazing. Nintendo are masters at underselling their games.

See A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario Galaxy, both games received strong backlash, both games turned into the best games of their respective generations.
What?

It's another one of the "filler games" of Nintendo like Mario Tennis. Amiibo Crossing, Hyrule Warriors, Metroid Federation Force etc. Looks low budget and graphically barebones not even up to standard with the Gamecube games, gonna be crap but I'll still buy it.

Henkka

Banned
Aren't they just partly developing it? Nintendo did the basic gameplay, then hired Platinum to make a campaign around it.

If the game stinks, it's not necessarily Platinum's fault. They probably also have a limited budget.

MajorTom

It does look pretty bad to be fair.
Might be a fun game to play, but everything we've seen so far looks pretty terrible

Any chance we can wait for the actual release before shitting on it.It may actually be pretty good,let's wait for reviews and opinions first

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Well Wonderful 101 didn't have much hype based on initial showings either and that turned out good.

Minyobi

I admit that what I have seen is nowhere close to what I was expecting from a new Star Fox.
That said, the game isn't out yet, so whatever. It might be incredible when all is said and done.

Top Bottom