• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Miss Universe pagent -They announced the worng winner, then corrected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

Ok, forget about if you care about the show or not. If you like live television, horrible awkward moments, then you MUST see this.

Ok, my wife had this on TV and I just saw the craziest thing I've seen in a long time on live TV. Steve Harvey is the host, and he just announced Miss Colombia as the winner, and they played the music and the girl did the walk, had her flowers, celebrated, and everything. Then, right when it was about to go off, he came back out acting scared to death. He said he made a mistake, and said Miss Colombia was actually the first runner up, and Miss Philippines was the actual winner.

They then came out, took the flowers and the crown from Miss Colombia, and everyone looked so awkward and worried and devastated. He said he would take all the blame, and then the show just went off.

This was one of the most insane moments on live television I've ever seen in my life. I'll post the horrible awkwardness when I find a link. Did any of you just see this?

EDIT:

Here is a link to the full video of the ending. You must watch the entire thing to really put it all into perspective...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmqAjr0xs04&feature=youtu.be

zlZDV5C.gif

Floridian

Yeah I was watching it. I was rooting for Philippines because it seemed she had everything in the bag. The moment they announced Colombia I was like what? Then Steve Harvey managed to mess it up because of what he thought was on the card. The situation though is messed up. I feel bad for Colombia.

Yup just saw this. I was routing for the Phillipeans but after that mistake I would had just let columbia win 😂😂😂😂😂.

I felt horrible watching it live.

My parents were watching it in the other room and I hear my mom gasp while I have Sunday Night Football on and explained what happened and then next thing I see Steve Harvey like "MY BAD". Ouch

LuuKyK

What a fuck up. Poor Miss Colombia was put in a horrible spot.

Steve Harvey never getting a job as host again.

crazyprac

Omg... My gf was watching and she was like omg omg watch this... I felt so bad... But it was so entertaining. Then Steve Harvey just walked out.

PureYeti

Futurama was the first thing that popped up when I saw it. I wanted Columbia to win but knew Phillippines got it. I feel bad for Columbia. Cameraman is definitely not showing her reaction.

kagete

Poor Ms. Colombia probably didn't understand what was going on. She needed a translator for the two earlier questions so she was probably extremely confused. Props to the previous winner (also from Colombia) for walking up and taking the crown off her.

I'm Filipino so this makes me happy but I feel bad about how she won.

Downhome

I'm Filipino so this makes me happy but I feel bad about how she won.

Look at the lip of Miss Philippines when she starts to realize that she actually WON the whole thing. Just crazy emotions, regardless of what you think of this type of thing.

This is gonna be all over the news and stuff tomorrow, haha.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Steve Harvey‏@IAmSteveHarvey
I want to apologize emphatically to Miss Philippians and Miss Columbia. This was a terribly honest human mistake and I am so regretful.

Feelsbadman

LuuKyK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom