• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warmest Christmas weather in living history(for USA)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I live in Texas and can't recall the last time ever wearing shorts in mid-december. Hows the weather looking for gaf this christmas week? Also there will be a full moon on Christmas day for those who don't have cloudy weather

BUkBHrE.jpg

650x366_12211751_hd27.jpg

Any hopes of a white Christmas that the weekend chill brought will be dashed in the eastern United States, with this Christmas Eve shaping up to be the warmest on record in many communities.

"There is a high probability for record-setting warmth up and down the entire Eastern Seaboard from Florida to Maine [on Christmas Eve]," AccuWeather Meteorologist Rob Englund said.

Jezbollah

It's going to be like that for the UK too. There were temperatures of 16c reported over the weekend - near Christmas!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Warm here in Toronto. Just overcast and rainy right now, was a bit chilly on the weekend, but the forecast has it in the teens for Christmas.

Ahasverus

It's funny because it looks almost like divine retribution to last Christmas snowball Congressman.

Imagine the next summer tho...

Yeah, it's 73 here in Austin right now.

There are six or seven new blooms on the flowers in our front yard from the past five days. It's pretty ridiculous.

2011 was pretty hot too. I think it was 7C (44F). But this year it's going to be 11C (52F) so that's pretty crazy too. Not a huge difference in my mind though, both are autumn coat weather.

UberTag

AccuWeather Meteorologist Rob Englund?
I know what this is... this is a diabolical plot by Freddy Krueger to thwart Christmas.

Krejlooc

Banned
I live in Texas and can't recall the last time ever wearing shorts in mid-december.

I live in Houston and have spent many, many christmas days in shorts and a T-shirt. In fact, the year I got a PS3, my family and I sat in the back yard wearing sunglasses in shorts drinking frozen margaritas.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's gonna be in the 80's around here for Christmas. The record just for today like in 2003 was 28F.

...I'm Okay With This.jpg Bring on the perpetual 80-100 degree weather as far as I'm concerned.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I remember some people claimed this winter is going to be worse in term of snows and coldness. Here we are! It is quite the opposite.

NEO0MJ

It's been a lot warmer than usual where I live as well. Strange how only last week it was cold for a while but it quickly changed. And I went through the trouble of getting new winter clothes and everything :<

Here in the Pacific Northwest it seems like the temperature has been normal, it's been hella raining, and we might get some snow Christmas Eve, Christmas morning.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
It's going to be 75 degrees in New York City on Christmas Day.

SEVENTY FIVE DEGREES.

Scary shit.

Joe T.

It's unusually warm north of the border, too. It could reach as high as 60F here on Christmas Eve which sounds unreal to me.

Misha

Banned
Forecast is saying low-50s which is definitely warmer than average but I don't feel like it's that new. It always seems like it warms up to the 40s and all the snow melts right in time for Christmas (western PA)

Futureman

It's supposed to be record highs in Pittsburgh this week, but also raining like non-stop. So we don't actually get to enjoy it :(

I live in Florida and it's gonna be in the fucking 80s on Christmas Day.

where in Florida and what is the weather typically like during XMAS?

slabrock

Banned
Here in south central Indiana it is 50 degrees out and rainy. Gonna hit 67 on Wed then fall back to 55 on Christmas. Quite a bit warmer than normal for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom